Home The Bridge

As Phase 1 of Fast As Light Nears its End ...

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
... can someone please advise how many Victory Points are currently required for winning a Honey Bare Dax.

What is the approximate current VP's total for a Ranking near 1000? Thanks!

Comments

• ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Right now I have 264675 VPs and sitting at 940th.
  • Now we’re in phase 2, I’m at rank 1570 on 235990 VP.
  • On the last galaxy which was not inflated with extra chronitons from offers and such, it took 375k+ to get into the top 1000. Keeping in mind that there's the 5xChrons offer and the Cyber week special, aong with the 5-day event I would expect it to go over 450k easily.

It's just a supposition though, based on prior results.
  • 292565 and I’m 1004. I told myself I wasn’t going to get sucked in but I couldn’t help it.
  • Ace Boogie wrote: »
    292565 and I’m 1004. I told myself I wasn’t going to get sucked in but I couldn’t help it.
    And how many chrons has that taken if you don’t mind?
  • Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dinoss wrote: »
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    292565 and I’m 1004. I told myself I wasn’t going to get sucked in but I couldn’t help it.
    And how many chrons has that taken if you don’t mind?

Honestly don’t know. 3-4K?

I have
    z odo ff/fe and he is giving huge bonus because he is dax/1356 dip
    Kim ff/fe
    Ducahmaps 2*/fe

So I’m hitting 50-80% on rare rewards. Obviously using supply pack as well

Im going to stay around that rank so I’ll keep track going forward and update
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I'm at 955 right now and it's taken about 4000 Chronitons.

That said, man, this event is just dragging on and on and on...
  • Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dropped about 500 chrons since last post. Rank 930
  • On a different note: Does anyone know how many VIP points the Offer: Buster Kincaid Kim booster pack gives? Its not on the offer splash screen, and i was thinking of plowing ahead for the extra crew slots.
    Respectfully
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

Crappy thing is last few hours will probably cost an extra 500 or more. Extra day doesn’t sound like a lot but man it feels like it is.
  • Cloud_1 wrote: »
    On a different note: Does anyone know how many VIP points the Offer: Buster Kincaid Kim booster pack gives? Its not on the offer splash screen, and i was thinking of plowing ahead for the extra crew slots.
    Respectfully

Almost positive the standard is 500 per $10.
    Nero84 wrote: »

Crappy thing is last few hours will probably cost an extra 500 or more. Extra day doesn’t sound like a lot but man it feels like it is.

I think it will cost at least that and I agree this event feels interminable.

I’m actually surprised though how the spending has tailed off. Getting that far was a grind, but if the first 3 days was 4000 the 4th being only 500 was unexpected. Always possible everyone is just waiting to unleash the chrons last minute.
  • TY Ace
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what happens is you start a galaxy event where you have all or most ingredients for recipes, so you're only farming one item. Then as the event progresses you run out of more resources and have to farm more. By Sunday most people are likely farming 2-3 for every item so let's estimate it at 7 farmed items for each 1025 vp. At ~10 chrons per item that's 70 chrons for every 1025 vp vs the start where you're earning 1025 for every 10-20 chrons. Chrons last a lot further at the start.
  • DinossDinoss ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    1000 is at 357740 right now
    750 is at 387200
    500 is at 423490
  • I’m now at rank 1300 on 332k VP. Not planning to put anything more in to the last few hours so interested to see if that keeps me in the top 1500.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    750 is at 387200
    500 is at 423490
    Not that it's over yet, but this is a lot lower I think than many of us were expecting between the extra day, desirable crew, and chron pack sales. Maybe a lot of people were just scared off entirely? (I almost was, glad I played.) We'll see what the next ~40 minutes brings though.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    750 is at 387200
    500 is at 423490
    Not that it's over yet, but this is a lot lower I think than many of us were expecting between the extra day, desirable crew, and chron pack sales. Maybe a lot of people were just scared off entirely? (I almost was, glad I played.) We'll see what the next ~40 minutes brings though.

It would be interesting to see what generally is required to rank 1000 in galaxy events point wise (same with faction). I don't believe there is anything out there right now that would say it.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    I only went into the event with 4,000 chronitons, got maybe another 2,000 during the event itself and ended up in 410th. So compared to what people were speculating before the event (I saw some people saying you would need 8,000+) it looks like the requirements for getting Honey Bare were rather modest.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clanof wrote: »
    I only went into the event with 4,000 chronitons, got maybe another 2,000 during the event itself and ended up in 410th. So compared to what people were speculating before the event (I saw some people saying you would need 8,000+) it looks like the requirements for getting Honey Bare were rather modest.

6000 chrons is modest? Yikes.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Compared to earlier predictions yea it is. And that was for 400th. Probably could have gotten to 1,000th for one or two thousand less chronitons.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Clanof wrote: »
    Compared to earlier predictions yea it is. And that was for 400th. Probably could have gotten to 1,000th for one or two thousand less chronitons.
    This exactly. Just look up at the early posts in this thread, people thought this would be the most expensive Galaxy ever. I found it to be one of my easiest, and barely did any building at all in phase 2.
  • I'd been put off by lack of success in other galaxies, so I just did the threshold-rewards-and-out routine. Now I'm wondering if I could have broke my top 1000 duck if I'd made an actual attempt at it. I'd finished the thresholds in a little over a day, so maybe I could've managed it. Typical of my luck really...
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    You're a level 52 with 129 immortals according to your signature. I pretty much guarantee you could have. All I did was save my chronitons from voyages from the time the event was announced, did a single refill on three or four of those voyages, and the crew I used wasn't all that strong compared to what some people here have: just used 3/4 Mirror Ezri, 2/4 Defiant Commander Worf and immortal 1701 Dax.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    90% of those immortals are 1*, 2* and 3* characters. Not having the right characters usually kills me, I'm lucky if I have one variant immortalised for an event. In this one I had none. A bunch of Worfs and Jadzias sure, but all with only one or two stars on them at like levels 30-50. Their percentage bonuses were slight.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Galaxies, I've found that power leveling the Threshold 4* and using the 1/4* community reward is enough to collect the turn-ins at an acceptable rate. Its worth trying to finish leveling at least one bonus character as well.

Having stronger crew does let you perform Voyages more efficiently. I can't normally hit 8 hour voyages but I always hit 7+ hours every time. That was probably 5-6000 chrons over the event duration.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    In Galaxies, I've found that power leveling the Threshold 4* and using the 1/4* community reward is enough to collect the turn-ins at an acceptable rate. Its worth trying to finish leveling at least one bonus character as well.

Having stronger crew does let you perform Voyages more efficiently. I can't normally hit 8 hour voyages but I always hit 7+ hours every time. That was probably 5-6000 chrons over the event duration.

Right now getting 6 hours regardless of what skills are chosen and that averages me about 300 chrons per voyage. At 8 hours I can get about 500 chrons so there is a big jump if you can get the extra couple of hours; however, over a 4 day event I can only usually get 2 voyages done per day (got to sleep lol).

Do you have any tricks to help get an extra voyage in? Do you always recall before you go to sleep or do you have any tips other than to max out primary and secondary as much as possible?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do two roughly 10-hour blocks (7+3 return) per day. I do try to keep my Voyages going constantly. Since it was a Galaxy, I do wake up once in the night. My chron average is usually higher than 300. I've gotten as much as a 1000 from an 8 hour voyage (usually CMD/SEC). My last voyage of the event was 7 hours and I got 450 chrons. It was the dread MED/ENG combo.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I do two roughly 10-hour blocks (7+3 return) per day. I do try to keep my Voyages going constantly. Since it was a Galaxy, I do wake up once in the night. My chron average is usually higher than 300. I've gotten as much as a 1000 from an 8 hour voyage (usually CMD/SEC). My last voyage of the event was 7 hours and I got 450 chrons. It was the dread MED/ENG combo.

Thanks for the tips.

I am slowing making my way to 7 hours but I figure the only way I will be able to do that is by pumping citations into characters and that costs a lot of honor (or getting lucky on packs). I am on the MED/ENG combo right now and can get to 6 hours so I could invest some dilithium into the voyage to get to 8 if I needed to but would rather avoid that if necessary.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »

Thanks for the tips.

I am slowing making my way to 7 hours but I figure the only way I will be able to do that is by pumping citations into characters and that costs a lot of honor (or getting lucky on packs). I am on the MED/ENG combo right now and can get to 6 hours so I could invest some dilithium into the voyage to get to 8 if I needed to but would rather avoid that if necessary.

Sometimes its just the skill combo that lets you get there. Everytime I get two of Dip/Cmd/Sec together I can usually make it to 8... anything else... not without DIL.