Home The Bridge
Options

Amazon Kindle Fire 7- All Models Is not Optimized for Timelines

I was notified by CS today that while the Fire 7 will play STT, it will have a hard time running it. This includes the most recent Gen 9 (2019), which is what I'm using. I'm not sure if it is the OS or the lack of RAM compared to other models that is the issue, but I wanted to let other players know what I was told. It doesn't state that in the Amazon App Store. Could that be updated?
Hoping I can find something to run it or get it running on my phone again.
Crosses Fingers that the Gen 10 will be compatible whenever it gets here.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That model has only 1gb of ram if I am not mistaken, that's likely the reason, especially if there is Amazon software always running in the background.

How much free storage do you have on that device, it can also play a role in performance.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    You are right about the ram. The 7 is the only model still at 1GB instead of 2. It can be a problem not just for STT, but a couple other apps.
    I think I have between 1 and 2GB of internal storage free (there is only around 11 total) and close to 27GB on my SD card. Neither Kindle has acted right since Amazon added that stupid Device Dashboard that can't be turned off or removed and has a permalink on the bottom bar that is terrible. I hand my Kindle to someone to look at something, they bump it, and I have to close it. I also bump it handling it a lot.
    If I could delete what I don't use, like the Dashboard and Alexa, I'd have a ton of space.
    I also asked about a phone running Android 7 that will not load STT after I log in to my existing game. The progress bar doesn't even appear. It plays a new game fine. Still waiting to hear back on that.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right about the ram. The 7 is the only model still at 1GB instead of 2. It can be a problem not just for STT, but a couple other apps.
    I think I have between 1 and 2GB of internal storage free (there is only around 11 total) and close to 27GB on my SD card. Neither Kindle has acted right since Amazon added that stupid Device Dashboard that can't be turned off or removed and has a permalink on the bottom bar that is terrible. I hand my Kindle to someone to look at something, they bump it, and I have to close it. I also bump it handling it a lot.
    If I could delete what I don't use, like the Dashboard and Alexa, I'd have a ton of space.
    I also asked about a phone running Android 7 that will not load STT after I log in to my existing game. The progress bar doesn't even appear. It plays a new game fine. Still waiting to hear back on that.

You are then also short on internal storage for the game to run more smoothly.
    It is too bad that Amazon software cannot be deleted :/

What kind of Android phone are you using?
  • Options
    An older LG L158VL Rebel 3. It was my backup on the go device, but it had been behaving better than either Kindle recently. That's why when I had problems during the previous event I tried it and found it wasn't loading. My neighbor tipped me off to a possible deal on an ONN tablet with 2 GB of ram and Android 11 Go. Hope it's there.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you current android phone, the issue might be due to a weird state with your google "Play Games" account.

If you are logged in to your "Play Games" account, the one that asked you to choose an avatar etc, I would log out and not log back in when prompted.

Clear STT's app cache, uninstall the game, reinstall, do not sign in to "Play Games" when prompted, then launch STT and sign in. Fingers crossed and 🍀
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    An older LG L158VL Rebel 3. It was my backup on the go device, but it had been behaving better than either Kindle recently. That's why when I had problems during the previous event I tried it and found it wasn't loading. My neighbor tipped me off to a possible deal on an ONN tablet with 2 GB of ram and Android 11 Go. Hope it's there.

I have an Onn tablet. And other Onn stuff, including a Roku TV. All work pretty good. The tablet handles STT and the other games I play well. {Marvel Future Fight is up to like 6 or 7 gigs of data now?} They add stuff pretty regularly. Like over 200 heroes now.

Edit: this is my second Onn tablet. First one did nothing wrong. Was in a cargo pocket on my pants leg and I forgot and shut a vehicle door, crushing the screen between my leg and the door. Also, most of my Micro SD Cards in tablet and phones are Onn now.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I hate this new tablet already. It will not log in to ANYTHING, and that includes the Google that runs it. Factory reset isn't even working correctly. If it doesn't cooperate soon, it goes back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Well, I've done everything I can think of, except take it up to McDonald's so it can use their open WiFi to do initial updates, instead of my secure router four feet to my left. I had to do that with a Kindle once. Idiot things say they need to connect to a network while they are on the network.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I used the kindle to play STT for about the first 3 years of the game, and it was O K. When the kindle died I switched to a regular android tablet. It is 1000000% better. You can actually like play any game you want. Everything looks better. You can actually play stuff. Wow! what a concept.

Do yourself a favor and use the kindle for a skeet-shooting target. And get a cheap android tablet.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I used the kindle to play STT for about the first 3 years of the game, and it was O K. When the kindle died I switched to a regular android tablet. It is 1000000% better. You can actually like play any game you want. Everything looks better. You can actually play stuff. Wow! what a concept.

Do yourself a favor and use the kindle for a skeet-shooting target. And get a cheap android tablet.

Second. I play several games. And by "Several" I mean there are a load of games in my Games folder.

Twenty Plus?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Bought the tablet. Tablet finally updated at McDonald's. It worked after that. Install STT. It demanded I install Play Games. Did the same thing the phone did. PG won't even work enough to log out. I factory reset it. Worthless thing goes back to Wal-Mart first chance. I bought an Onn 8 Pro, because it was on sale. I wasn't wild about the bigger size, but decided to accept it for getting to play. If I can suffer the bigger size for more RAM, I will get a Kindle 8 and Google can stuff it. Die Google Play Games, DIE!
  • Options
    I can confirm the Kindle Fire 8 Plus (Gen 10; 3 GB RAM) works fine with STT. I use it as a secondary device when my phone needs to charge, or I need to recall a voyage while talking on the phone...

It doesn't require Google Play, however, that means in-game purchases are not possible. That's really the only downside.
  • Options
    Jan Krohn wrote: »
    I can confirm the Kindle Fire 8 Plus (Gen 10; 3 GB RAM) works fine with STT. I use it as a secondary device when my phone needs to charge, or I need to recall a voyage while talking on the phone...

It doesn't require Google Play, however, that means in-game purchases are not possible. That's really the only downside.

What do you mean you can't make purchases? I buy on the 7 all the time. I'm VIP14 and use Kindle nearly exclusively. Purchases are routed through my Amazon account.
  • Options
    Jan Krohn wrote: »

What do you mean you can't make purchases? I buy on the 7 all the time. I'm VIP14 and use Kindle nearly exclusively. Purchases are routed through my Amazon account.

I have a Fire HD 10 (7th generation) and the game runs okay. It takes a while to load. I don't really use it to play the game but I always use it to make purchases. It's so much cheaper than buying on my phone through GooglePlay, especially if you buy Amazon Coins in bulk.
  • Options
    I've successfully used a Firehd 10 2019 and Firehd 10plus 2021 with Star Trek Timelines without any effort. Be it from the Amazon store or Google play . Loading google on it is laughingly easy btw.

Ps: hd 10 2019 has 2gb ram while the hd10+ has 4 gb ram
  • Options
    Well, it was a sign. The Kindle Fire 8 is on sale for $60 today, so I bought one. It will be here Thursday. Bring on the mega!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thank God! The new 8 finally loaded it. I was starting to think I'd be calling customer service tomorrow. It's showing me as having 0 ISM and my 7 is showing 283k+.