Home The Bridge

Kirk in Space (for real)

What ?
Captain Kirk, also known as William Shatner, will go in space next week and nobody mention it ?
I cant believe it !
The october 12th, 13:30 GMT, he will leave earth on Blue Origin Space Craft.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that last night on the news. He'll be the oldest person ever to go into space!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • edited October 2021
    Mururoa wrote: »
    What ?
    Captain Kirk, also known as William Shatner, will go in space next week and nobody mention it ?
    I cant believe it !
    The october 12th, 13:30 GMT, he will leave earth on Blue Origin Space Craft.

Probably been brought up in The Holodeck or Strange New Worlds Forum. 👍
  • I think it would be cool if he brought Nimoy's urn (properly sealed) with him. It would be a nice gesture, since he missed the funeral. Just sayin...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool if he brought Nimoy's urn (properly sealed) with him. It would be a nice gesture, since he missed the funeral. Just sayin...

As a Jew, Nimoy was buried not cremated. There is no urn to bring to space. His body was buried in a cemetery in LA.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if he brought Nimoy's urn (properly sealed) with him. It would be a nice gesture, since he missed the funeral. Just sayin...

As a Jew, Nimoy was buried not cremated. There is no urn to bring to space. His body was buried in a cemetery in LA.
    Cremation isn't as uncommon as it used to be for Jews. My grandfather was cremated and no one, not even the rabbi who officiated, batted an eye. I believe my grandmother has stated she wishes the same when the time comes.

But it's true Nimoy was not, and the world isn't prepared for the utter awesomeness which would be "Weekend at Bernies - in Space" staring William Shatner and the late Leonard Nimoy. Even though, given that Shatner himself is Jewish, Mel Brooks has already composed the perfect title sequence.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • x45zbd1j0b2v.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I do believe he meant to point to the original thread for this in a different, and proper channel

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18589/william-shatner-to-fly-on-blue-origins-next-month#latest
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    James Doohan has been on the International Space Station since 2008
  • Nasa have just Tweeted;
    'You are, and always shall be, our friend'
    Worrying.