Home The Bridge
Options

New Crew: Ephraim and Dot

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in The Bridge
Cute little guys, from the Short Trek of the same name.

iisw5zljtz6w.png
ka1uvnltpt5m.png
0isigmfiwfby.png
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be a must-have.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a second ⭐ for Bem. Wanted the little guys, but adding a ⭐ to a Legendary works!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I just wish the avatar was not such a big close up so we could see the tardigrade better.

q1o33y1k2jh4.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish the avatar was not such a big close up so we could see the tardigrade better.

q1o33y1k2jh4.jpeg

I REALLY hope extreme close-up selfies are not going to be the new thing.

hh2o0135ulkf.jpeg

• Options
    Trollita wrote: »

q1o33y1k2jh4.jpeg

I REALLY hope extreme close-up selfies are not going to be the new thing.

hh2o0135ulkf.jpeg

I agree. I thought Q was just a mistake. Now this one. Why were the sizes changed, @Shan?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    uqlknakf1344.jpeg

If it had been this I would have bought a bunch of that pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure we can change how the avatar looks as it it auto generated :/
    I think it is our biggest face yet.
    I will add this to our list of potential improvements we can hopefully look into.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, although nobody asked for my feedback, I feel strongly about letting my feelings be known anyway. :p

I quite liked that Short Trek episode — I thought it was cute, for a one-off episode. But as with characters from TAS, my hope is always that the artwork for characters taken from non-live-action shows will be represented in a more realistic manner in Timelines, matching the majority of the rest of the characters in STT. (Although TAS characters in the game have been sort of hit-or-miss in that regard.)

This, however, makes me think that if Lower Decks characters are ever introduced, they'll be completely unrealistic-looking, and will instead look pretty much like the highly-stylized animation of that show. And since one big reason why I play is because I enjoy collecting characters, seeing things take a turn towards that style of artwork might just turn me off from playing the game at all, at some point.

Yes, I know this is only one character. But we also had Em, for instance, and it opens the door to the idea that not everything needs to look like it could exist in reality. That's not something that pleases me. I like realism in the characters' artwork — it draws me further into the game. Playing with characters that do not look in any way realistic would change the very face of the game for me.

Of course gameplay is a very important part of maintaining players' interest in the game. But would all the various gameplay elements be half as interesting without the characters? The artwork in STT — and the quality and realism of said artwork — has always been highly important to me... that's why I've posted numerous threads and posts over the years about artwork I've enjoyed and artwork I thought missed the mark, in hopes that a certain level of quality was maintained. I'm happy to say that I think that much of our feedback here was taken to heart by the powers that be, and that there has been a pretty high level of consistency and quality for some time now.

But I still enjoy this game after 4+ years, and so I would hate to see something come along that would affect my enjoyment and make me reconsider sticking with it. :/

Just giving my totally unvarnished personal opinion, of course — YMMV.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is more that it is just Ephraim and no Dot in the avatar for me. I bought two- both Em/3/Green now finished- and am resisting buying more as all the purples are FF for me. I love the episode and want it so bad though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Atom Ant

e6jkneub4m08.png
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Are they really auto generated? I've noticed before that the two faces are much closer in the portrait for Balok:
    bg8k06obgw4y.jpg

Hmm crew portrait is different I believe but nonetheless you are on to something

Is that not something you can confirm?

Ripper is primal, but not tardigrade
    Ephraim is tardigrade, but not primal
    Would be nice to see those consistent before the pack is gone, especially with a collection involved.
  • Options
    Hopefully, here in the UK, we will get to see the Short Treks at some point. As it stands, I have no idea who this character is and so it follows that I won't bother purchasing packs.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hopefully, here in the UK, we will get to see the Short Treks at some point. As it stands, I have no idea who this character is and so it follows that I won't bother purchasing packs.

Understandable. It is a fantastic episode where you do get to see it. It's one I recommend even to non Trek fans. They will be easy to Retrieve once added to the Portal. I already started checking!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I believe Rescue Uhura is the only one {So far} who is from TAS, but looks more like artwork drawn of a live-action character. And she is drawn so "Live-actiony" people didn't realize she was from TAS when she was introduced, mostly.
  • Options
    Thank you for the swift response.
  • Options

The first four should be on Netflix under trailers and more. The rest you can buy on DVD for around £10 or so.
  • Options
    For the captain avatar version of Ephraim and Dot, this is something that we will be able to rectify, but I do not have an ETA. I've logged in the request.

Avatars and crew portraits are not auto-generated, that was an error on my part.

Regarding the traits, Ripper would indeed need to have the "tardigrade" trait added, however "primal" will not be added to 'Ephraim and Dot' as it does not fit with the episode.

That makes sense, within the context of how both were presented. Ripper DID do some "ripping", thus the Primal. Ephraim was much more non-Primal and not at all Rippy.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

The first four should be on Netflix under trailers and more. The rest you can buy on DVD for around £10 or so.

Thanks. DVD? Are those still a thing?! Not sure I'd have anything to play it with :lol:
  • Options

Thanks. DVD? Are those still a thing?! Not sure I'd have anything to play it with :lol:

I totally forgot I have them on DVD. 98% sure.
  • Options

😂 I have too many DVDs and BluRays at home so I still have a player.
  • Options

😂 I have too many DVDs and BluRays at home so I still have a player.

I have stacks. The internet can go out, after all.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the captain avatar version of Ephraim and Dot, this is something that we will be able to rectify, but I do not have an ETA. I've logged in the request.

Avatars and crew portraits are not auto-generated, that was an error on my part.

Regarding the traits, Ripper would indeed need to have the "tardigrade" trait added, however "primal" will not be added to 'Ephraim and Dot' as it does not fit with the episode.

Any luck on cajoling that tardigrade trait for Ripper?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Any luck on cajoling that tardigrade trait for Ripper?

It will happen, probably at the same time Ephraim and Dot are added to the Time Portal - no eta yet :)
  • Options
    The pole star will be astronomical. I want to finish both badly. E&D and Cutler were the two I really wanted. Liz is finished and frozen. Not sure who I want added next.
    (I would love a gold with Med for Cutler, seeing as she was a medic and helped Phlox a lot. Arguably, a 5* version from "Two Days and Two Nights" could have the other three skills from the purple, since she was filling in for Phlox and had to work with an alien walking splint, Med/Com/Eng would not be out of the question.)