Home Engineering Room
Options

screen rotation on motorola edge

I find that my phone doesn’t always rotate the game appropriately. Sometimes it rotates fine, other times not. I haven’t found any pattern in it. It is probably specific for my phone as I don’t have the issue on my tablet or on my previous phone and my phone has non-standard screen dimensions (2340 x 1080)
phone: motorola edge
android 11

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes my game resumes upside down after I watch an ad on my Kindle. There are so many glitches...you could have a different one every day for a year.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragen wrote: »
    I find that my phone doesn’t always rotate the game appropriately. Sometimes it rotates fine, other times not. I haven’t found any pattern in it. It is probably specific for my phone as I don’t have the issue on my tablet or on my previous phone and my phone has non-standard screen dimensions (2340 x 1080)
    phone: motorola edge
    android 11

Thank you for providing the screenshots and referencing the unusual resolution.
    It is a beautiful phone.

After the notch, indentation, now the screen spilling on the sides, what will they come up with next.
    I will submit a report.
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for the response, shan.
    Makes me realise that I didn’t mention that I changed the settings of the phone such that the curved part of the screen (on the sides) is not used for Timelines.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragen wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, shan.
    Makes me realise that I didn’t mention that I changed the settings of the phone such that the curved part of the screen (on the sides) is not used for Timelines.

It sounds like this might be a specific issue for this device and android 11, are you experiencing the same issue with other apps/games that are also natively in landscape mode?