Home The Bridge

Kudos to WRG Customer Service

I wanted to give a shout-out to WRG Customer Service for a job well-done. I was going for a max Voyage, and it hit the dreaded "stuck" bug. I was up to 18 SR's and over 5K chrons. I took screen shots, then submitted a ticket, asking for the couple SR's I really cared about, honor equivalents for the rest, and the chrons. Instead, they gave me ALL of the rewards, PLUS a little something extra for the trouble. In 4 hours. Great job WRG and thanks again!!

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found customer service to be generally helpful. The only exception in the past two years is in regards to the the untrustworthyness of the game in voyage rewards because they don't care. But aside from that, yes, customer service is good.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is CS is very good about giving you what you currently have on the voyage plus a little extra.

The problem is when you're 40+ hours in going for exclusive crew. They don't want to give you the exclusive crew you didn't earn yet. They don't want to refund all the tokens you spent without taking away what you earned. And they have no decent way to handle that a player had saved for months to make the attempt and now needs to save for months again.

I can understand why WRG doesn't want to do any of those from a fairness perspective. But I also can't think of a fair compensation in that case. So players end up frustrated. Hopefully they'll fix the bug soon and avoid the issue.
  • I think with voyages a lot depends on how far into the 36 (or 33) dilemmas you've gone before it gets stuck. It's not necessarily fair, but I think that there's probably a cutoff where their policy on giving away voyage exclusive crew changes. I'm saying this because I contacted CS twice over a stuck voyage and the first time I got more or less a "we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do" reply, while the second time I actually received the voyage exclusive crew I was going for. The first time my voyage got stuck a couple of dilemmas after the 24-hours one and the second time it got stuck with only 6 dilemmas left to appear.

It's also possible that there are no clear rules on how CS is supposed to deal with this or other issues, which is the only problem I've ever had with them. In the five years I've been playing they've always been kind and helpful, except for the one time when I was told that they couldn't fix wrong choices in beholds, when I knew perfectly well that they did it for other players.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think with voyages a lot depends on how far into the 36 (or 33) dilemmas you've gone before it gets stuck. It's not necessarily fair, but I think that there's probably a cutoff where their policy on giving away voyage exclusive crew changes. I'm saying this because I contacted CS twice over a stuck voyage and the first time I got more or less a "we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do" reply, while the second time I actually received the voyage exclusive crew I was going for. The first time my voyage got stuck a couple of dilemmas after the 24-hours one and the second time it got stuck with only 6 dilemmas left to appear.

It's also possible that there are no clear rules on how CS is supposed to deal with this or other issues, which is the only problem I've ever had with them. In the five years I've been playing they've always been kind and helpful, except for the one time when I was told that they couldn't fix wrong choices in beholds, when I knew perfectly well that they did it for other players.

That would be my guess that there is an official compensation procedure given how often it happens. I have all the exclusive crew, so I tend to get a lot more stuck voyages when only planning to use a single revive or two. The compensation is general uniform enough that I assume it must be documented, "this is what you do for a stuck voyage".
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    My experience is CS is very good about giving you what you currently have on the voyage plus a little extra.

The problem is when you're 40+ hours in going for exclusive crew. They don't want to give you the exclusive crew you didn't earn yet. They don't want to refund all the tokens you spent without taking away what you earned. And they have no decent way to handle that a player had saved for months to make the attempt and now needs to save for months again.

I can understand why WRG doesn't want to do any of those from a fairness perspective. But I also can't think of a fair compensation in that case. So players end up frustrated. Hopefully they'll fix the bug soon and avoid the issue.

I've always felt that players in that situation should either get all their voyage revival tokens back (ie: the stuck voyage never happened) or get all their voyage swag + sorry swag (ie: the voyage was recalled with a bonus). I don't think a voyage-exclusive crew should ever be given, unless there is a way to prove that it would have been acquired at the next dilemma (ie: they had gone through all other dilemmas and were guaranteed to get the missing 3rd part as the very last dilemma on the voyage).
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no fair solution.

If a player has spent months saving tokens, then waited for the right bonus traits and skills combinations, and timed it for between events, then a lot of work can be ruined by a bug.

Making that the voyage never happened could mean weeks until they get the correct traits/skills again, and timed when they don't need crew for events. It would also mean the loss of several normal voyages.

Recalling the voyage would mean loss of tokens, which might need months to save up again, and if the player is just aiming for the voyage crew, this could be a disaster.

If a player is aiming for specific crew, and has the tokens to get them, then why not offer to swap some tokens for the voyage crew, and other compensation. Maybe only do this after 20 hours, but it would still be better than some of the other options.