Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Skirmish Event Barren Heat (flashback) - 2021-11-04

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18675/skirmish-event-notes-barren-heat-2021-11-04/

Please note the USA is coming out of DST on the Sunday prior to the event end.

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. new Ferengi
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Awesome. new Ferengi

But with terrible stats. :(
    Let’s fly!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. new Ferengi

True.... I got excited before I looked.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • May actually be the first skirmish I sit out.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Solok is one of two Ferengi legendaries with a CMD primary, and his base is about 200 points higher than Captain Nog. Solok's value may be niche and rely on uncertain future potential, but he'd probably be great for Ferengi events, especially if they ever have a mega.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    edited October 2021
    Awesome. new Ferengi

True.... I got excited before I looked.

Still cool art and crew just not one to get for stats. I got excited too when I saw the art but then disappointed when I saw the stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the stats, he is our 25th Ferengi, so we can get a new milestone on the collection!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    :Looks like a cross between Keenser and a Ferengi

76cb78a1da8c00f7691ce2f5b409defe.gif
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they're an older ferengi. Not as old as Zek, but definitely older than Quark.

Smooth out the wrinkles, and I think it would look great.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    edited October 2021
    Looks part Reman too. That’s weird. I like the red uniform though.
    Let’s fly!
  • Shan wrote: »
    Event Start: Thursday, 11/04 at noon ET (16:00 UTC)
    Event Finish: Monday, 11/08 at noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Daylight savings time will end on 11/07 for the USA, as a result this event will be one hour longer than usual.
    I guess, the given end time is wrong. It says 16:00 UTC, in which case the event would have the same length as every other event (96 hours).

But the note below the end time says that the event will be one hour longer (as has been in the past). So the end time is 17:00 UTC - the same as last year after the time change back from DST to normal time.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Start: Thursday, 11/04 at noon ET (16:00 UTC)
    Event Finish: Monday, 11/08 at noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Daylight savings time will end on 11/07 for the USA, as a result this event will be one hour longer than usual.
    I guess, the given end time is wrong. It says 16:00 UTC, in which case the event would have the same length as every other event (96 hours).

But the note below the end time says that the event will be one hour longer (as has been in the past). So the end time is 17:00 UTC - the same as last year after the time change back from DST to normal time.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472

Indeed, I corrected everywhere but here on the forums 🤦
    Done!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to publicly thank my fleetmate @JimBerlin for supercharging my Skirmish team, it was very much appreciated. And also thank you for double checking my work on the technique change I thought up during phase 2.