Home Ready Room

Worth it to pay dilithium to extend voyages (once) as a monthly card player?

So right now my voyages last a max of 6 hours and change; can't go any longer with my current crew. The main benefit of extending for me is the extra honor, which seems to go up significantly from 6-8 hours. Considering the glut of 4*s making pack buying kinda meh (unless it's the perfect-for-you special pack), is it just better to extend; get more honor, and gain dilithium more slowly than 100/day?

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a tough call. Were you getting Dilithium from other sources in addition to the monthly card, I'd say, "Yes, absolutely it's worthwhile extending the mission at least once."

So maybe it comes down to whether you still need to save up for another shuttle, or if you are needing to purchase more crew slots with Dil, or if you always look forward to buying an event pack or two every month. If any of those is true, then my answer would be "no". But otherwise, I think it could be worthwhile.

However, instead of doing one Antimatter refill each day, I would suggest instead doing 2 or 3 AM refills once or twice a week -- then for all the other days, doing no Antimatter refills. The reason being that I happen to feel that 12 hours is the "magic length" for Voyages, at which point you are not only more likely to have several 4* crew drop (though, to be honest I've had several 12+ Voyages with no super-rares), but at that length, you will also start acquiring chronitons much faster. For my usual 12 1/2 hour Voyage, I expect to get between 800 and 1000 chrons (give or take a hundred, but it's usually in that range).

12 hours also lets me get an entire Voyage completed in one day -- as long as I'm able to start it first thing in the morning and check back every so often in the course of the day -- then doing the recall overnight. (That also accounts for a few times where I can't get to the Dilemma right away. But your situation may be different, depending on work, etc.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    My first response would be 'no'. The rewards are potentially good, especially in terms of chronitons, but everything else seems to vary so much. So extending once or twice would not guarantee you anything good.

Still, if you are going to spend your dilithium anywhere, this is one of the best places (after 3rd and 4th shuttle, of course)

Good luck!
  • I'd agree with Data1001. I do two short voyages a day, I can only get to the second dilemma, and that will reap me 200 to 300 chronitons plus goodies on a regular basis. However, I did a long voyage - nearly 10 hours - to test it out, and I received nearly 700 chrons, 2 x 4* crew and heaps of goodies. I might do that once a week or fortnight because it's fun and not enormously expensive.

48 dil for first recharge (2hrs depending on ship)
    71 dil for second recharge
    95 dil for third recharge

That took me to 9hrs 44 (I had a weak crew that didn't quite make it to the second dilemma) so the rewards would be greater now I have supercharged my crew.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can get beyond the six hour dilemma with the initial AM, I will consider it. Once you get in the 8 to 10 hour range the rewards are much better. I've never bothered to recharge a voyage twice.
  • Thanks for the comments; fortunately I got my 4th shuttle a while ago; it's definitely the best thing to buy first with dilithium.

I accidentally failed my voyage today, so I extended it. Always seem to get a 4* although I know that's small sample size/observer bias all that fun stuff.