Home The Bridge
Options

Stuck voyage, and unacceptable support.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in The Bridge
Last Wednesday, I launched a long voyage, aiming to hit both three part dilemmas, and get a Fierce Guinan and Colonel Worf.

There are 36 dilemmas, three of the two part ones are avoidable, leading to 33 dilemmas to achieve the above.

On Sunday, at a voyage time of 2 days, 15 hours, and 14 minutes my voyage ran out of antimatter, I had done 31 dilemmas leaving hopefully 2 left. I and gotten Guinan, and was only needing worf.

At this point the game would not let me use a token to revive the voyage, despite having 13 tokens. I tried on my phone, and using steam when I got home.

The next day the voyage was still stuck, so I put in a ticket specifically pointing out I wanted "Colonel Worf", instead I got "Grandmother Kes", and a few other bits and pieces.

I had saved for months to get the voyage tokens, waited for an event where I knew I would not need the crew. I was one or two dilemmas away from Champion of the People pt. 3.

To say I am annoyed is an understatement.

I could reply to the ticket, and complain further, but why should I have to. I have invested a lot, and this just feels like they could not be bothered.

Here is my screenshot of the error.

p5zc7salimck.jpg

Now Grandmother Kes is at 3/4, so the fourth star will immortalise her, but she is not in any collections, or of any other use at the moment. I would immortalise her eventually from voyage/pack drops. It does totally miss the point, all this time, and tokens have been wasted. One or two more tokens, and I would have had what I was playing for.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Some of the compensation I was rewarded included 40 Dynamic officer trainers, 2400 credits, 5 * 10 packs of basic pulls, and 6 single premium pulls.

As you can see, I really need those credits, trainers, and basic pulls.

pnufqh6y28vs.jpg
    sm6sauqo425o.jpg
    ql3y0elrxv7o.png

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Substitute a few minor details, and this is the same thing that happened to me 23 months ago. I needed 1 more revival to complete the final 2 dilemmas and get McCoy. After 3 days, CS returned my voyage and gave me Test Pilot Archer instead. I was simultaneously too frustrated and too let down to bother fighting about it.

I no longer (intentionally) run voyages beyond 12hrs (w/ 1 token; I'm not part of the RoyKirk club yet), and will not run long again until I stop seeing stories like this one. Sorry for your troubles, Mirror Cartman.
  • Options
    It happened to me on Monday. I don’t know of any good reason why they don’t give you back a bunch of voyage tokens so you can try again. This bug has been present for years it seems unlikely they can/will fix it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't really ever intend to run a long Voyages, except once for the achievement. I've hit all three parts with an 8hr Voyage before and am starting to make 10 regularly. Worf is done. I'm missing Picard and have the other two to finish. I'll get them eventually.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are going by a script and aren't given enough control to reward you with what you spent to get that far.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they know how useful some things are and simply don't care that they give us sub-standard replacements. As long as we give them money, they don't care about us.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    How did you get Kes? She's not even Voyage exclusive.
    We've all gotten screwed by that bug a few times, but CS is usually pretty good about giving out a Worf/Guinan/McCoy whatever.
    Kes is just random.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Clearly Customer Service don't play this game if they can't understand the issue here and give you the Colonel Worf or compensation plus the tokens you used.

I feel for you.

That a player of your pedigree cannot be bothered to pursue it further SHOULD set alarm bells ringing at WRG. Instead, they'll probably move a few buttons on the UI in your honour.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    We've all gotten screwed by that bug a few times, but CS is usually pretty good about giving out a Worf/Guinan/McCoy whatever.
    Kes is just random.

That is the big issue.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I would probably ask to escalate the ticket, if only so that we might finally get some info on how this kind of issue is supposed to be dealt with. Over the years there have been quite a few different solutions and responses and there doesn't seem to be any consistent policy.

From the response you got, to paying dilithium to get the voyage exclusive, to getting all tokens back and losing rewards, including the occasional win-win option, there are at least 4 or 5 different solutions that CS has offered to players and we don't know which ones are supposed to apply to which context.

Does it depend on how long the voyage has been running? On VIP level? On the number of tokens or dilithium still available? Do CS employees have to come up with their own solutions or are there guidelines for this scenario?
  • Options
    It happened to me on Monday. I don’t know of any good reason why they don’t give you back a bunch of voyage tokens so you can try again. This bug has been present for years it seems unlikely they can/will fix it.

I seem to have picked up a different bug to normal. The normal bug seems to be that the game won't generate a dilemma, mine was a server error when I tried to revive the voyage.

Going through the crew I seem to have picked up the final star for my fourth Lucien, but I also have the screenshot of "Refuse the supposed agent's demands." (Off the books).

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    There are guidelines for Voyage issues and sometimes reps make mistake, so the simple solution is to escalate the ticket.

This helps in multiple way as it allow us to refine our training, processes and guidelines.

Thank you!

We all make mistakes, even I have been known to.

In my original ticket, I said I was hoping to get Colonel Worf. I would have been happy with just that (on top of what i had picked up in the voyage). The credits/trainers/basic packs are pointless.

The point is, I should not need to escalate the ticket, CS should see a voyage that far in, and award the final three part crew.
  • Options
    Tsunkatse SieteTsunkatse Siete ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Ive got voyage stuck so many times that I can’t count them and I’ve got all kind if different compensations for it. Some times I’ve got the voyage exclusives crew but other times when I’ve requested a voyage exclusive, I’ve got a big no as answer.
    It seems depending on who gets your ticket you get an outcome or another which is not very fair
    Im usually happy with the outcomes, as happy as you can be falling in the same bug time after time, but I think some CS crew don’t have clear how to handle customers
    If your long voyage gets stuck, of course you ought to be given an exclusive crew as compensation.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    Kes is just random.

For shorter voyages, the CS guidelines appear to be to give a regular crew. Often it's someone you have at 3/4. There may be different guidelines when you get closer to 66 hours. But when I get a stuck voyage at 12 or 14 hours it's usually a random non-exclusive 4*.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pitchforks and torches on their doorstep.
    I've never had a stuck Voyage (crosses fingers and knocks on wood), so I can't bring experience into it. The loot is the reason for Voyages and the Exclusive crew is the cherry.
    Seriously, my 76 year old mother had gotten into the habit of asking if I have a Voyage out and if I've gotten anyone good. Even she's bummed when I come close but not close enough to hitting that third part.
    Getting a random crew and not getting a Voyage crew when you should be able to is a slap in the face. It's like saving up money, going shopping, and getting offered a cheap knockoff of something really specific you were after, when the store can't find the box in the back. You want your crew and loot or what you invested. There is a miscalculation of value here.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    There are guidelines for Voyage issues and sometimes reps make mistake, so the simple solution is to escalate the ticket.

This helps in multiple way as it allow us to refine our training, processes and guidelines.

Thank you!

We all make mistakes, even I have been known to.

In my original ticket, I said I was hoping to get Colonel Worf. I would have been happy with just that (on top of what i had picked up in the voyage). The credits/trainers/basic packs are pointless.

The point is, I should not need to escalate the ticket, CS should see a voyage that far in, and award the final three part crew.

I am not the same. I new approximately what items dropped , and when they offered packs that did not cover what I lost. I went back to them saying I got more things in my voyage then what you are offering me. I eventually got some more voyage supply tokens. This is not our bug, this is their bug. Because, they feel people will exploit this, they do not want to offer adequate compensation.
    But, the solution is to fix the bug.

I do not intentionally send long voyages anymore. Certainly have not sent a 20 hour or greater voyage since. And, I did as advised by members, use citations to finish up the, voyage only, crew. But , of course you have to have a copy in the first place.

Edit: I do remember more now about my stuck voyage. I was convinced that they compensated me for a voyage of less length. It seemed about 12 hours was not compensated for. I felt adequately compensated in the end. But, had to go through a couple back and forth with them. I always felt that in the end that CS took care of me. But 2 times I had to fight a little.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that should have received Worf from CS and some extra for the trouble.
    And looking at Shan post, you should have get it.
    So yes, escalate the ticket and yes this is sadly normal at every CS department.

But you should also think about it.
    Running a CS is very hard, making people do their job correctly is also very hard.
    A lot of people don't like to work and do their job.
    From the moment a human has to do a handling, you can be 100% sure that mistakes are made.
    Even if you put the manual next to them.
  • Options

I seem to have picked up a different bug to normal. The normal bug seems to be that the game won't generate a dilemma, mine was a server error when I tried to revive the voyage.

The screenshot of the error is exactly what happened to me on Monday (I do an extended voyage during a full skirmish every 3 months or so, when I have 30+ voyage tokens saved up). My CS rep did give me one voyage exclusive crew (which I'd requested) which was fine with me. I would have been really annoyed if they hadn't.