Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion thread: Faction/Skirmish event - A Measure of Valor - 2021-11-18

Comments

• Options
    Good stats for the new O‘Brien, art only average though. 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, he's awesome for me.
    Strange hybrid though. I wonder if it's worth to go full on faction?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two new Hybrids back to back? Have we done that before? Or is it a first?

Yeah. That art just kinda hurts.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two new Hybrids back to back? Have we done that before? Or is it a first?

Yeah. That art just kinda hurts.

He is definitely gonna lose the game to Zoolander.

8fm1n9ncwz14.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    LTJG. Sam Lavelle, so intent on promotion that even his pips have pips, or is that sweetcorn?

8lelxr4v58eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    LTJG. Sam Lavelle, so intent on promotion that even his pips have pips, or is that sweetcorn?

8lelxr4v58eo.jpg

Another one I need to look up. So many episodes across so many series now.

Ah, Lower Decks. I mainly remember Sito from that one. And Ben. We need Ben. A new 2* in an Event or something.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sam_Lavelle
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    3rd hybrid event in 4 weeks? I like it!

Another thing I like is that the event factions are mentioned in the in-game event description.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    This is a fairly trivial detail but why is Lavelle's rank spelled "LTJG." (all caps, no spaces, full stop at the end) while Martinez's and Palmer's are spelled "Lt. JG" (lower case t, space, full stop after Lt)?

Could we get some consistency please?

And some Lt. JG Worf whilst we're at it (season one, TNG. Command track Worf)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balancing the "change scales" of the game... improved Lavelle info (good), post-event stat changes to DaiMon Solok and Li Nalas (bad, regardless of the change directions). Thx for keeping a close eye out, Auto.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else getting an incredible amount of lag opening missions or completing them at present?
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting an incredible amount of lag opening missions or completing them at present?

I'm getting an incredible amount of under 70% chance Shuttles, even with Gold Boosts.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Two changes to Lavelle:

Name: LTJG. Sam Lavelle -> Lt. JG Sam Lavelle (consistent with Martinez and Palmer now)

Flavor text:
    Old wrote:
    Lavelle was career-oriented and driven and most wanted a promotion
    New wrote:
    A career-oriented and driven officer, Lavelle was highly motivated to take steps to realize what he wants: a promotion.

Two well done changes, especially the flavor text. The original was a run-on sentence without a period, new one is just peachy.

To me it looks like the original flavor text was someone's notes on what they wanted to include, and then the card went live before it was actually written.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Two changes to Lavelle:

Name: LTJG. Sam Lavelle -> Lt. JG Sam Lavelle (consistent with Martinez and Palmer now)

Flavor text:
    Old wrote:
    New wrote:
    A career-oriented and driven officer, Lavelle was highly motivated to take steps to realize what he wants: a promotion.

Two well done changes, especially the flavor text. The original was a run-on sentence without a period, new one is just peachy.

To me it looks like the original flavor text was someone's notes on what they wanted to include, and then the card went live before it was actually written.

Like 'Cute furry tribbles give Hoshi only evoke feelings affection' :D Well, they changed it without prompting, so that's appreciated.

True, that one was Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • Options
    Two changes to Lavelle:

Flavor text:
    Old wrote:
    New wrote:

Like 'Cute furry tribbles give Hoshi only evoke feelings affection' :D Well, they changed it without prompting, so that's appreciated.

True, that one was Shaka, when the walls fell.

WRG, when the tone was deaf.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Two changes to Lavelle:

Flavor text:
    Old wrote:
    New wrote:

When I read your joke
    It made me laugh with gusto.
    Did they stop to think?
  • Options
    Will the ship battles section have community rewards or is that only in a Faction/Galaxy hybrid? I can’t remember, it’s been so long since there was a hybrid that wasn’t faction/galaxy
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think community rewards are only for galaxy phases. We’ll know for sure in a few minutes.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the intel deal expired after 8 hours.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    pse901wzypef.png

Second time I got this after winning a battle.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    pse901wzypef.png

Second time I got this after winning a battle.

I've seen that error so many times over the last year or so that I've completely lost count.
  • Options
    Almost my first frozen behold from the threshold pull... it's getting close!

9bq5a6egdzmr.jpg
    1fnqs5whzl54.jpg
    hz94x2qjj3az.jpg

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile