Home The Bridge

Found Phase 3

Exchanged about 250 rares for VP yesterday and crafted a few recipes for augments on the steam version. This morning logged in on my phone and ended up back at 3/3 rares exchange rate and 125 VP per mission. Like I went through a phase reset into phase 3.

Thanks, DB. I haven't played an event seriously in 2 months, and now that I went for it, you hit me with this BS. Submitting a ticket will obviously not help with 1 day left in the event. Why do I even bother with this game anymore...

Comments

• You surely just gut the wrong faction. Alle three Build up individualy.

Check out the other two.
  • Nope, that's not it. All 3 factions show the same thing. And I'm positive I went with Augments. It even showed me the phase 2 story prompts again. I thought I was losing my mind for a second there.

I believe what happened was that on my phone I was logged in since phase 1 and the game was running in the background. After I entered phase 2 on Steam and played, the phone session didn't register the phase switch and did it all over again. Surely enough, the steam version reverted back to the beginning of the phase as well. I got robbed of all the progress I made in phase 1 basically.
  • edited November 2017
    Well, phase 2 always starts at the absolute bottom of VP, as it is a different part of the event with a different premise (and different recipes) - and as such you can't have been robbed of your phase 1 VP, or you would be showing a 0 VP total. Do you mean you were robbed of everything you did in phase 2 on steam? Have you tried restarting your phone?

I also play on mobile & Steam and this is the first I have ever heard of.
  • what i mean is that i was up to 15 emitters per 4850 VP exchange rate in phase 2. that was the result of my phase 1 progress. i saved them. now i'm at 3 for 735 again.
  • edited November 2017
    Well, the emitters you had should remain saved up during the switch from phase 1 to phase 2, but due to recipes requiring different materials, the entire VP pool gets reset, and if you didn't manage (either intentionally or not) to use your emitters during phase 1, the points will reset for phase 2 and start from the bottom. Ergo, whether you had 10k VP per submission or not at the end of Phase 1, it goes down to 600 or so at the beginning of Phase 2.

There is a tactic to use your special rewards all at once, but it expects you to start saving up from the very beginning in Phase 1 and use it at the very end of the event in Phase 2. This way you can avoid the Phase 2 reset without losing VP.
  • thanks for trying to help, seriously, but i think i got the hang of how to play these events in the last 18 months. it bugged out. the phone session apparently decided to override the steam session. i should've relogged before tapping the event banner on my phone, but i didn't. are you really that surprised that this disaster of a game produced another bug?
  • Gotcha, I will stop. I sincerely hope the ticket works out for you.
  • Same thing happened to me. I cashed in just enough rares in the augments faction to get to the 15 for 4850 level after phase 2 started. I did this so I could calculate how many vp my rares will add. Half an hour later it reset to the 3 rares level. Sent in a ticket but havent heard anything back yet.
  • Same thing happened to me. I cashed in just enough rares in the augments faction to get to the 15 for 4850 level after phase 2 started. I did this so I could calculate how many vp my rares will add. Half an hour later it reset to the 3 rares level. Sent in a ticket but havent heard anything back yet.

Really? And your ordeal had nothing to do with device switching? I mean it's really no big deal, and just translates into a few lost VP, which in turn translates into a few lost chrons. But there it is, folks, DB finds new and exciting ways to mess up the game when you least expect it. Surprise!!!
  • This doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen some weird things hopping between platforms---in my case, an Apple iPad and an Android smartphone. Enough that I'm more careful not to actively run both at once, and I typically re-start the app if it is still in the background and I've been on the other device in the meantime. I don't really bother with the Steam version since it does not support ads, but I'd imagine its no different.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This exact thing also happened to someone in my fleet.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"