Home The Bridge
Options

Forgotten Treasures - thoughts?

It's a strange thing when a series of pack offers appear that echo an idea the forum has discussed at length (the general notion of "decrepit legendaries")... and we don't talk about it at all. :o

They seem structured like a modified version of Elusive Treasures (or perhaps they are "flashback" versions of the prior ET offerings?).

For my part... I have 99.9% of the SR cards already, and I'm too risk averse to spend 4900 dilithium on the 50/50 odds that I might catch one of the legendaries that I've already immortalized. But they seem promising for at least a segment of the playerbase.

Anyone tried them? Got feedback?

Comments

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think of these as the decrepit legendary idea, but they are priced like the weekly 490 discounted packs, just at Elusive Treasure price levels. In fact, my first thought when seeing these was this is leading up to an Elusive Treasures sale. Probably wishful thinking on my part there, as that would mean a Portal update would be around the corner.

I'm similar to you in that I have all these cards, particularly the SRs. But for newer players, they could be a good investment.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Still too overpriced imho. A weekly discounted pack for 490 dilithium offers a 10x pull with a guranteed crew as well(yeah it‘s not a legendary gurantee i get it)
    but still more chances to get 1 or more SR or better crew and worst case
    some extra honor.

When it first popped(started to do old Elsuive Treasures) up my initial thought was, that it‘s New Elusive treasures. Glad it didn t instant buy because of the wrong assumption. I wouldn t spend for it at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ditto to the not spending for it. It would be a fine pack for a newer player but if you have been around the game for a while, there will likely be much disappointing duplicate immortals.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    Still to overpriced imho. A weekly discounted pack for 490 dilithium offers a 10x pull with a guranteed crew as well(yeah it‘s not a legendary gurantee i get it)
    but still more chances to get 1 or more SR or better crew and worst case same extra honor.

When it first popped(started to do old Elsuive Treasures) up my initial thought was, that it‘s New Elusive treasures. Glad it didn t instant buy because of the wrong assumption. I wouldn t spend for it at all.

I agree with this. I think these packs are one of the routes for monetizing old crew via their relatively new collection relevance, and they are still far too expensive. The new credit/dilithium offers advertised as speeding up retrieval are another approach. It's classic rent-seeking, which I suppose makes perfect sense at this stage of the game's life and the volume of available cards.

I would be more inclined to go for them if: 1) they were priced at something like 250/2500 dilithium or even less for the oldest groups; and/or
    2) individual crew were easier to target, perhaps by breaking up the pool into several smaller groups. There is almost no value for endgame players in these packs at the current prices. Those resources would be far better spent speeding up retrievals for a guaranteed useful drop or almost anything else.

=j= Jurist
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps these are aimed at newer players trying to "catch up"? For me, they just seem like an increased chance of dups...
  • Options
    There is only 1 lesser bad things about them. Guarentee of 10 crew meaning more honor ;-)
    But wouldnt do it myself.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never liked Elusive Treasures. They're too expensive and not enough of a guarantee. The 1x has no guarantee, just a chance of an elusive card(which in this case, the card is in the general pool anyway). The 10x only guarantees 1 elusive 5*, the rest is just regular crew portal. So overall there is no way to guarantee an elusive 4*.

Make the pack so the beholds only draw from the limited pool and maybe I'll be interested. You buy a 1x you'll get a behold of 3 4* crew who are all the limited crew in the pack. Buy a 10x you get a guarantee that one is a 5* begold with all limited crew and the other 9 will be either 4* or 5* beholds all with the limited crew. That's how you limit the pool to excite me.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'd ever buy a 'Forgotten Treasures' pack for dilithium to have a small chance at getting something I could wait a month to guarantee through the Retrieval feature.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Perhaps these are aimed at newer players trying to "catch up"? For me, they just seem like an increased chance of dups...

Yeah, I used them :)
  • Options
    Just saw today’s and looks like Reunion Spock and Kirk is in the pack…
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Just saw today’s and looks like Reunion Spock and Kirk is in the pack…

Still not worth to me.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    4900 Dil gets me 8820 Quantum ie 9 5*s that I definitely want.

Is that correct? Mine says 90 Dil for 50 Quantum. Does the price change the more you purchase? 4900 Dil gets me ~2700 Quantum which is three 5*’s
  • Options
    Agreed with sentiments echoed by many in this thread. 4900 dilithium simply isn’t worth it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...