Home The Bridge
Options

New In Vault-Wonderland Tilly?

Did I miss an episode? They went to Wonderland? Or is my old brain just forgetting it?
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnham gave Tilly a copy of her Alice in Wonderland book.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnham gave Tilly a copy of her Alice in Wonderland book.

OH MY DOG!

They did the "Hair Down Tilly" I have been clamoring for since I saw that episode.

She is a Legendary.

And I missed it was her!!!!!!

ixspchiq8j54.gif
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be silly
    To not love Tilly.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I'm not sure whether or not to carry on playing this game for fear of spoilers. One cannot view any New Trek, legally, outside of the US now. :/
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether or not to carry on playing this game for fear of spoilers. One cannot view any New Trek, legally, outside of the US now. :/

Canada says hi.

But yes, it's absolutely ludicrous that ViacomCBS and Netflix couldn't come to a deal.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I had to spend some time figuring out where this new Tilly was from as well. I believe it's from when Burnham gave her a copy of the Alice book, which was in an early season 1 episode.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Canada says hi.

But yes, it's absolutely ludicrous that ViacomCBS and Netflix couldn't come to a deal.

It's worse than that. They had a deal, ViacomCBS bought themselves out of it. They were so sure that they could make a fortune from streaming it themselves that they were willing to pay a small fortune just to deny the rest of the world access.

I don't think they realise how much goodwill they've lost. And how easy it is to get around restrictions on downloading TV. There's a lot of people out there who won't wait, and who won't be subscribing to Paramount+ when it's available as a result of this. It's almost like TV companies don't understand their audience at all.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Canada says hi.

It's worse than that. They had a deal, ViacomCBS bought themselves out of it.

This is the first time I've heard that, I'd be curious to read more. Source?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I still haven't watched season 3. In fact, I've been behind on all of the seasons so I saw them in game first. Hasn't hurt my watching of disco yet. I am staying current on Picard/Lower Decks/Prodigy though.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I still haven't watched season 3. In fact, I've been behind on all of the seasons so I saw them in game first. Hasn't hurt my watching of disco yet. I am staying current on Picard/Lower Decks/Prodigy though.

I'm the same. I watched Picard and both cartoons, but I haven't even finished season one of DISCO and I have Paramount+. Every time I open it up and try to talk myself into watching it, I end up watching something else. Oddly, I liked what I have seen mostly and am intrigued by the later story, but just don't watch it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Canada says hi.

It's worse than that. They had a deal, ViacomCBS bought themselves out of it. They were so sure that they could make a fortune from streaming it themselves that they were willing to pay a small fortune just to deny the rest of the world access.

I don't think they realise how much goodwill they've lost. And how easy it is to get around restrictions on downloading TV. There's a lot of people out there who won't wait, and who won't be subscribing to Paramount+ when it's available as a result of this. It's almost like TV companies don't understand their audience at all.

People in the US complained when CBSAA launched rather than selling the show to Netflix. CBS and now Paramount seems happy enough with that decision that they're now replicating it internationally.

It's almost like TV studios understand their bottom line and how to maximize revenue better than some angry fans on the internet.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

Canada says hi.

People in the US complained when CBSAA launched rather than selling the show to Netflix. CBS and now Paramount seems happy enough with that decision that they're now replicating it internationally.

It's almost like TV studios understand their bottom line and how to maximize revenue better than some angry fans on the internet.

But CBS isn't available internationally. I am happy to pay but have no option to.

*edited to clarify - it would appear from Rowbonage's post that it is available in ONE other country.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Where can I see the stats, collections... Of a new crew before spending money / dilithium for it? In former times there was an announcement with crew stats here.
  • Options

Canada says hi.

The issue isn't that they pulled it from Netflix to put on their own platform, but that said platform won't be available for a while. And that they announced it like 2 days before it was supposed to air.

AND they did listen to those angry fans on the internet because they've just announced that it will be available on Pluto (?) on Friday and "available for purchase on select platforms".

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Canada says hi.

The issue isn't that they pulled it from Netflix to put on their own platform, but that said platform won't be available for a while. And that they announced it like 2 days before it was supposed to air.

AND they did listen to those angry fans on the internet because they've just announced that it will be available on Pluto (?) on Friday and "available for purchase on select platforms".

For reference: https://ca.startrek.com/news/star-trek-discovery-season-four-lands-on-paramount-pluto-tv-internationally

It sounds like it will be free on Pluto - complaining got results on this one.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »
    Where can I see the stats, collections... Of a new crew before spending money / dilithium for it? In former times there was an announcement with crew stats here.

All crew are in the cryostasis vault once they're obtainable in game (at least, obtainable through Dabo if they're a future release). I also don't like them giving up on announcing that here, it made it much easier for active players to grab that info and disseminate it to their fleets or friends.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »

All crew are in the cryostasis vault once they're obtainable in game (at least, obtainable through Dabo if they're a future release). I also don't like them giving up on announcing that here, it made it much easier for active players to grab that info and disseminate it to their fleets or friends.

Same here. And from a purely selfish standpoint, it made updating the DNA checklist WAY easier. copy/paste is very nice.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

@[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb good news. https://collider.com/star-trek-discovery-season-4-international-release-date/
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Canada says hi.

I've seen it detailed in multiple places over the last week or so. But one example would be https://trekmovie.com/2021/11/16/star-trek-discovery-leaving-netflix-for-paramount-internationally-season-4-to-launch-globally-in-2022/

To quote the article, "the news coming so soon before the launch of season four was due to a just closed deal for ViacomCBS to buy out Netflix".
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Canada says hi.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/star-trek-discovery-netflix-deal-paramount-viacomcbs-1234875466/

In a just-closed deal between ViacomCBS and Netflix, the Shari Redstone-controlled company has ended the lucrative financial arrangement that launched Discovery back in 2017. In broad strokes, the bargain that then-CBS head honcho Les Moonves made with Netflix saw the latter paying the vast majority of Discovery‘s hefty budget for the overseas rights. With the top-tier IP fully back in the fold, the plan is for Discovery to take flight on Paramount+ around the globe starting next year.
  • Options

Season one episode. Early Season one.
  • Options
    z2781bqu9obw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021

@[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb good news. https://collider.com/star-trek-discovery-season-4-international-release-date/

@cmdrworf Thank you! :)

Just have to figure out what Pluto TV is now. :)
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Still pirate for me it seems.
  • Options

Pluto TV is a streaming app usually available on most smart TVs. I get it on my Fire TV for free.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

Pluto TV is a streaming app usually available on most smart TVs. I get it on my Fire TV for free.

This. It's a free streaming app. You do have commercials, I think.

I think they do like channels and on demand. Been a while since i used mine.
  • Options
    Pluto tv has a Star Trek channel.
  • Options
    Pluto tv has a Star Trek channel.

I thought they did. But, Channel 007 used to be the James Bond Channel and the last time I was on Pluto, I could not find it. So was unsure if they had maybe made some changes.

Just checked. Looks like they have Sanctuary On Demand! I loved that show!