Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event Notes: Fragments of the Past - 2021-12-09 - ME#2

Comments

• Options
    Thinking of posting the latest event notes and the eventual trait misses must lead to Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder if that's a thing.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    What’s with all the cultural figure crew we are getting that are not given cultural figure trait? Li Nalas, a prophet Kira, K’mpec.

Come on. Traits aren't really that important, are they? <sarcasm>
  • Options
    Thinking of posting the latest event notes and the eventual trait misses must lead to Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder if that's a thing.

You're referring to anxiety.
  • Options
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    Fisticuffs, Ishan Chaye, and Kal'Hyah Sisko all lack the Cultural Figure trait. Why those three? If the other variants have the Cultural Figure trait because Sisko is the Emissary of the Prophets, then all Prime Universe of Benjamin Sisko should have the trait

I suppose that Ishan Chaye himself was not a cultural figure. And Sisko, while taking part in a Klingon event, was not a figurehead of -that- culture. Fisticuffs seems to be a straight oversight to me, though.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fisticuffs, Ishan Chaye, and Kal'Hyah Sisko all lack the Cultural Figure trait. Why those three? If the other variants have the Cultural Figure trait because Sisko is the Emissary of the Prophets, then all Prime Universe of Benjamin Sisko should have the trait

I suppose that Ishan Chaye himself was not a cultural figure. And Sisko, while taking part in a Klingon event, was not a figurehead of -that- culture. Fisticuffs seems to be a straight oversight to me, though.

Fisticuffs was from a time prior to the Bajorans recognized Sisko as the Emissary. He wasn’t a cultural figure yet.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Navarch wrote: »

Fisticuffs was from a time prior to the Bajorans recognized Sisko as the Emissary. He wasn’t a cultural figure yet.

Fisticuffs was from episode 6 of DS9, Sisko was recognized as the Emissary in episode 1.

Episode 1 *is* Emissary, lol. That was the whole idea of the very first episode. Unless they have a version of him from, say his flashback to Wolf 359 or when they first arrived on DS9, any B. Sisko is the Emissary.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    And, of course, letting his name include "Chancellor."
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I misremembering things or was Li Nalas a top 20 voyager when first announced?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I misremembering things or was Li Nalas a top 20 voyager when first announced?

STT Power Rating for voyages was 32nd:
    lf874zyq7yeq.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

He debuted at vrank 34. On Nov 17, they changed his SEC prof from (296-508) to (260-508) and then on Nov 23 changed it from (260-508) to (296-512) so he's slightly stronger than he was when first announced, but obviously will have dropped a few ranks since then due to newer crew.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Very first Item I went to Craft

"Which one is Archer?"

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, I think it's hard coded.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Very first Item I went to Craft

"Which one is Archer?"

Didn't happen to me. I've gotten it in the past when I had the game open, switched out of the game, switched back, and then did a recipe. That kind of switching is how someone would activate a macro and I suspect is what they're looking for. Based on your comments in the voyage thread, that's probably what happened to you.
  • Options
    Community pull: nothing useful but no schematics?! :open_mouth:

1qj4bp4gc7kr.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Of the 20 item builds in phase 1, only one of them has SCI as the required skill. Ya know, the primary skill of Ancient Humanoid - i.e., one of the event crew.

Just sayin'. :/

My 5/5 Ancient Humanoid is still the top crew in like 7/10 builds. 🤗
    But yeah, we had better fitting featured crew in past galaxy events.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    My main bugbear this time around is having completed Patar, she is more an annoyance because she now appears top in a lot of crafting crew, despite being worse than Sahil. Considering freezing her as it costs more time to navigate the menus with her in place.
  • Options
    I wish there was more... cohesiveness... in everything being thrown at us this month. Of course there's the whole Discover OE which has little overlap with everything else. Patar is a (relatively) tough build with a fair number of faction items, and not Federation faction items of course, when many of us are probably busy running Fed shuttles for the Discover OE. And she's not a Cultural Figure which means her usefulness was limited to ME#2. Lt. Sahil also has a fair number of the same faction items in his build.