Home The Bridge

Shy Visit ... What's New? :)

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings everyone! :)

I have gotten unfrozen from the depths of Andoria Prime (where the Aenar reside) and wanted to have a shy visit here at the forums and ask how the game has been doing in the last two years. Have there been a lot more honor sales than before the end of 2019?

Korona has kinda drawn me away from a lot of activities I used to do, and now only slowly I'm getting back into online gaming and wondered if it's Worf (pun intended) getting back into STT (as much as possible F2P, maybe with 2nd row campaign and monthly dilithium card).

~ Jhamel
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back :)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Jhamel. The game has expanded in various ways since you've been away. I don't track the details of such things as carefully as some do (and there are always competing feelings about this kind of thing in the community), but here are a couple of interesting highlights:

- Yes, honor sales have become a more frequent occurrence since you've been away. In fact, we've had 3 of them in 2021 and we're all hoping for one more before the calendar changes. ;) (Crosses fingers!)

- Crew Retrieval is a thing now. In brief, you can use a new currency (quantum) and a new item (polestars, which you get from another new item, constellations) plus credits and/or dilithium to (theoretically) add any crew you want to your roster. The crew must be in-portal, and you may not be able to narrow the retrieval process down to a 100% chance (you might have multiple crew options that will be subject to RNG). As long as you have the currencies, you can retrieve a legendary card every 18 days or so. B) Start saving your credits (it takes 5 million to pull a legendary card).

- Related to Crew Retrieval is the Celestial Market. Basically a place to buy/sell polestars for ISM (oh, that's yet another new currency type).

- Collections. They're multiplying and have become a notable focus of the game.

- Objective events are the newest thing that just started rolling out last month. We're still learning about all the ways they will be used.

The monthly card remains a great value, and the premium campaign track gives all sorts of goodies, so I'd recommend them both if you're so inclined.

The event types (other than the new "Objective" style) remain the same - galaxy, faction, and skirmish. Expeditions are 99.9% unlikely to be seen again (we think).
  • That's an excellent breakdown, I can't think of any other big beats!

For me, Crew Retrieval has been a massive boon. I've obtained a bunch of crew I really wanted, as well as getting additional stars on some so I didn't have to use citations. I also love the Marketplace. There's a lot to learn, but there are some video tutorials.
    I'm also really enjoying Objective events.

Did you see the announce that the new Star Trek series, Strange New Worlds, has an Aenar character? Here's the video!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Hello Jhamel!

The main difference is that the game has stopped pretending it is not a card collecting game.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, that's cute! :) Thanks for all your answers!

I played a bit around and was able to find "Tora Ziyal" (one of my favorites) with only two polestar combinations (Bajoran-Artist). However, the credit cost is insane (5 million for a single star for Ziyal) and it looks like you can only retrieve a single crew in three weeks (wowies). I saw the new small weekly offer for 5 million credits, probably to counter the drain effect from crew retrieval, but there need to be more ways to get credits.

My idea is to have voyages drop more credits, especially post 6 hours, also gauntlet mini-rewards should give more credits. The mini-events (objective) are awesome, and I hope there will be many more to come, as you can do them passively and don't need to be clicking thousands of times (opposed to Galaxy and Skirmish, even though Skirmish yields much better loot while Galaxy only takes away chronitons and credits).

I'll stick around during my two week holiday and see where I'll end up. Looks like I have a lot of new crew to level up and a lot of items to replicate now. Nine replications a day certainly help, I hope it will carry me far. :)

~ Jhamjham
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    9qmsv2m4i2t6.png

I finished Lissan today.
    Let’s fly!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I froze her today to make room for better crew, but of course I kept Jhamel. =)