Home Ready Room
Options

Best way to earn credits?

I think the biggest (or second biggest behind the chronotons) thing we got from voyages we got were replicator rations. As of right now I have 4 4*, 421 3*, and 177 2* replicator rations. Any 5* equipment I don't feel like earning with chrons is easy to make. (I wish I waited on Proton Paris until voyages) But credits are now the bottleneck. I haven't exactly gone bankrupt (1.6 million in the bank), and I realize the game HAS to have some sort of bottleneck, but... Are there especially good ways of grabbing credits that may not be obvious?

Speculation: maybe run shuttles for factions I don't normally run; which therefore are easier than say Section 31.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    My go-to is the final challenge (Breakwater) in today's A Certain Formality, on Epic -- for which I personally use Saavik, Lwaxana, and Money -- and which nets me 78,700 credits per run. Then I buy additional tickets if I'm starting to run low. But from your other recent post, I know that your only source of Dilithium is the monthly card, so this will take up a day and a half of your Dil earnings for just one extra ticket. Might be worth it, though, as one extra ticket will get you almost another half million credits.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Even cheaper than buying the extra tickets is directly buying the credits with DIL. For just 10DIL per day you can buy a nice amount of credits (which depends on your VIP level). For me, I think 10DIL is not to expensive. For only 70DIL I buy 280,000 extracredits per week.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qxqx wrote: »
    Even cheaper than buying the extra tickets is directly buying the credits with DIL. For just 10DIL per day you can buy a nice amount of credits (which depends on your VIP level). For me, I think 10DIL is not to expensive. For only 70DIL I buy 280,000 extracredits per week.

Doesn't that price steadily increase, though? If it were to stay at 10 Dil for 34,500 credits (which is what it is showing me, currently VIP 13), then 150 Dil (the same amount you'd pay for one extra ticket) would net me 517,500 credits -- more than doing it by running extra cadet missions. But I thought that after a few buy-ins of spending Dil for credits directly, it started to get too expensive to make it quite as worthwhile. (Never actually bought more than a few direct credit purchases here and there, so I'm just speculating.)

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Doesn't that price steadily increase, though? If it were to stay at 10 Dil for 34,500 credits (which is what it is showing me, currently VIP 13), then 150 Dil (the same amount you'd pay for one extra ticket) would net me 517,500 credits -- more than doing it by running extra cadet missions. But I thought that after a few buy-ins of spending Dil for credits directly, it started to get too expensive to make it quite as worthwhile. (Never actually bought more than a few direct credit purchases here and there, so I'm just speculating.)

Good catch. Yeah, it increases, that is why I only buy it one time per day. I cannot seem to find the cost table in the wiki right now.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch. Yeah, it increases, that is why I only buy it one time per day. I cannot seem to find the cost table in the wiki right now.

Even so, that's a good reminder for me to do a single daily buy-in at those times when I could use some extra credits mid-week... I often forget about the simple methods of acquiring stuff. ;)

• Options
    Not something I do directly but one way to get credits is to pop a supply boost when you have a lot of chronitons to spend (depending on my supply i do it when i have at least 5 or 6 hundred.) With these showing up in the threshold rewards table now I have at least 4 or 5 on hand. When you do this you get a bonus supply of credit per every mission run. This includes all cadet challenges. Added bonus is you get low level trainers for using in leveling and as replicator fuel.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winning the first spot in the Admiral division gets you 15000.
  • Options

It's about time

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Apparently, if you spend 8,000 chrons with a supply kit going, that earns credits too XD. (I'm at 4.3 million after today's event)
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    For the first time playing the game I've been finding myself completely running out of credits - almost on a daily basis - and having to buy some with my daily dil. The extra chronitons and replicator nations from the voyages have been GREAT, but the credits can't keep up with the building of items to equip to crew. Especially when you're building higher end items.
  • Options
    My go-to is the final challenge (Breakwater) in today's A Certain Formality, on Epic -- for which I personally use Saavik, Lwaxana, and Money -- and which nets me 78,700 credits per run. Then I buy additional tickets if I'm starting to run low. But from your other recent post, I know that your only source of Dilithium is the monthly card, so this will take up a day and a half of your Dil earnings for just one extra ticket. Might be worth it, though, as one extra ticket will get you almost another half million credits.

I did that last week and it helped for a couple of days. I'm down to 5144 credits as I type this. Was able to get a few through the Gauntlet today, which helped.

• Options
    At the moment, I have 247 - 4*, 955 - 3*, and 214 - 2* rations. I replicated a few 5* items when voyages were first rolled out, but I burned through my credit stockpile fairly quickly, so now I mostly just sit on these replicator rations. Sometimes I'll use 10 - 3* rations to replicate a 2* piece of equipment since that's all I can really afford. I'm glad to have these extra rations, but it would be nice to be able to actually use them as well.
  • Options

@Capt. Chaos, thanks for the heads up - you actually reinvigorated my enthusiasm for arena. FYI through testing have discovered that 15,000 credits per win is awarded not just to #1 but to top-5 players in Admiral division. (cc @Capt Ajamm)
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

@Capt. Chaos, thanks for the heads up - you actually reinvigorated my enthusiasm for arena. FYI through testing have discovered that 15,000 credits per win is awarded not just to #1 but to top-5 players in Admiral division. (cc @Capt Ajamm)

And thank you for the additional info. To try it, I just took on fifth place and won, and this wacky game put me in first place anyway.