Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Faction/Galaxy Event Notes: Problems of the Present - 2021-12-16 - ME#3

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...no Syrranite trait for the leader of the Syrranites?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    ...no Syrranite trait for the leader of the Syrranites?

The good ol' 'Is Jesus a Christian' debate. I think he should have it; in the context of the episodes it's clear that being a Syrranite is subscribing to a way of life alternative to normal Vulcan society at that time, which he does. It's really rooted in Surak's teachings, even if Syrran's name is referred to. He's hunted by the High Command the same as all the others in his group.

Syrran also qualifies for the Maverick trait. He's the leader of a dissident group who are rejected by Vulcan society - the High Command goes so far as to label him "a dangerous zealot". Syrran laughs when talking with Archer; the expression of emotions is typically un-Vulcan for that period. He also engages in mind melds, a practice considered deviant and shunned among most Vulcans of the time. We can infer from T'Pol's discussion of katras that Syrran's practice of carrying Surak's katra is also atypical for Vulcans.
    PHLOX: Most Vulcans see melding as deviant behavior.
    [...]
    ARCHER: Syrrannites conduct mind-melding?
    AREV: Surak tells us it is the heritage of every Vulcan. Even those who don't believe in the practice.
    T'LES: Syrran possessed the katra of Surak.
    T'POL: Katras are nothing more than a myth.
    T'LES: I used to think that, until I learned to open up my mind to other possibilities.

• Options
    Pretty sure Jesus got baptised by John the baptist.

...So the Holy Bible says.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And baptism or ritual bath of purification is a very old Jewish practice. Look up mikvah". That's what the pool of Bethesda served as. What John was doing wasn't unusual. It was how he did it. (Mom taught adult Sunday School for 30 years and sometimes it shows.)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna give us a Federation faction for the objectives then? Really are trying to make it a challenge... at least it's only for half the event.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if we are getting a Marty Stu or a McGuffin. I get those confused.

1vw50c670wfs.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Not gonna give us a Federation faction for the objectives then? Really are trying to make it a challenge... at least it's only for half the event.

Not even vaguely a challenge. See the other thread on this event for some numbers.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 4 of Enterprise is some of the best storytelling from Berman-era Trek and doesn't get the credit it's due because of the series' rocky start.

I loved the different groups coming together to fight a common enemy and the early forming of the Federation, but the ending of season 4 was very unsatisfactory. I prefer the Xindi storyline of season 3 more.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Season 4 of Enterprise is some of the best storytelling from Berman-era Trek and doesn't get the credit it's due because of the series' rocky start.

I loved the different groups coming together to fight a common enemy and the early forming of the Federation, but the ending of season 4 was very unsatisfactory. I prefer the Xindi storyline of season 3 more.

That last episode just felt like they were mad the show got cancelled, so they passed it on to the fans by breaking up Trip and T'Pol. And then murdering Trip to just rub it in harder.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, once they settled in and got things worked out, Enterprise is one of the best, if not the best series, for interesting stories and character growth. Shame it was cut short. I know the Temporal Cold War really annoyed some people, but it makes sense. When is the Federation most vulnerable? Duh! During the events leading up to it's formation.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

That last episode just felt like they were mad the show got cancelled, so they passed it on to the fans by breaking up Trip and T'Pol. And then murdering Trip to just rub it in harder.....

Strange, that description sounds nothing like the finale I remember, "Terra Prime".

Seriously though, I think of "These Are the Voyages..." as the finale for Berman-era Trek that happened to be tacked on to Enterprise. It's more palatable that way (still hate that they killed off Trip...at least the books fix that).
  • Options

Strange, that description sounds nothing like the finale I remember, "Terra Prime".

Seriously though, I think of "These Are the Voyages..." as the finale for Berman-era Trek that happened to be tacked on to Enterprise. It's more palatable that way (still hate that they killed off Trip...at least the books fix that).

I always end with the Mirror episodes. After watching the Terra Prime ones. That other thing does not exist in my home!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, once they settled in and got things worked out, Enterprise is one of the best, if not the best series, for interesting stories and character growth. Shame it was cut short. I know the Temporal Cold War really annoyed some people, but it makes sense. When is the Federation most vulnerable? Duh! During the events leading up to it's formation.

I really loved the Temporal Cold War.
  • Options
    Event Faction
    Ferengi Alliance, Klingon Empire, Section 31

mfbaustux7ez.gif
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Good to have Su’kal in game. The actor who plays him, Bill Irwin, did a masterful job. The art is good I just wish it had been made from when he utterly shocked and surprised to see Saru as a Kelpien.

it89nk8jxtpf.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Section 31? Awesome! I need tons of items from that faction.
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »

That is one of the ones I do often between Faction Events. All kinds of useful stuff they drop.
  • Options

Formative era of the Federation would be a good idea for a new Trek series
  • Options
    Good to have Su’kal in game. The actor who plays him, Bill Irwin, did a masterful job. The art is good I just wish it had been made from when he utterly shocked and surprised to see Saru as a Kelpien.
    As much as I was disappointed by the explanation of the Burn, I love Su'kal. And I agree, Bill Irwin's performance is amazing. Here's hoping for a version from S4 next year!

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    As much as I was disappointed by the explanation of the Burn, I love Su'kal. And I agree, Bill Irwin's performance is amazing. Here's hoping for a version from S4 next year!

That is the problem of having any mysterious anomaly or happening. No explanation will ever be fully satisfying.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »

Yeah, now I can equip Patar (with all those holoprograms she needs) so I can use her for... umm... :#

Oh well, Lt. Sahil needs them, too.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Use her to freeze! And one collection.
  • Options
    Will phase 1 include shuttles from all three event factions or just one of them?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your in game messages.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a king sending out all 99% shuttles.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I feel like a king sending out all 99% shuttles.

And an overthrown king if they come back failed? We have all been there.
    Let’s fly!