Home Make It So!

Would you like to be able to trade crew with others?

Captain NateCaptain Nate ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Make It So!
Growing up, I remember trading baseball cards with friends. Other toys/collectibles too, but baseball cards was the big one. I'm not sure how to handle the "exchange rate" or make sure it is at least somewhat fair, but if I have a leveled up 2/4* crew and someone else has 2/4* of the same crew, I might like to trade and offer up some of my crew in exchange. There are several storylines in the Star Trek universe where crew exchanges happened, so I think this feature would seem to fit.

This might be a way for others to level up crew or get desired crew members. It might also give people a reason to not not immediately shoot a 1/3* from a voyage out the torpedo tube and instead put it on the exchange.

Would you like to be able to trade crew with others? 55 votes

Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew with any other captain (public exchange).
21%
Jhamel[FF] SEVENNAH(10F)GeekgirlRicard Daystrom guest_817919034171392cthulhu1592Davey1983Cloud_1[STE]TonyWolf19RogaDanarI am Kirok[DKA] henka 12 votes
Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew only with fleet members (private exchange, maybe a starbase feature).
54%
Knight Ranger[DB:DB] DebXoiikuData1001[SoCo] Dr. AcularPagorram_daleksVaelerys Targaryen[10F]MadMaxJim SteeleIrianaLarxeneDitto[BL] Q Paladin 27ArrnoxSvenLundgrenMercuriouszshahekeeNivenFres 30 votes
My gosh, you're a dork.
23%
Peachtree RexThe Fish[Sushi] OotoroPallidyneCaptain SteveIrial·§ë· For the ManyBoxy McBoxface12345678 of 123456789TarrantSoupKitchen RikerFrank?[IPA] Regent Woof 13 votes

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew with any other captain (public exchange).
    Not only crew, but also items! I hope this will get some love. Star Trek Online already has a public exchange since game start and it works like a charm. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • My gosh, you're a dork.
    No, multi accounts would just make this insane

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Yeah, it's now almost two years that these idea floats around the forums.

No, it's still not likely to happen, no matter how many times we open a thread saying "but I'd like it".
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gosh, you're a dork.
    It would be interesting to see if all those threads got merged together. I know impossible between the two forums but still.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see if all those threads got merged together. I know impossible between the two forums but still.

Lol.

I'm pretty sure the resulting thread would break the size limit of the forums (no matter whether the forums have a size limit or not).
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • I like the idea but there would need to be caps and costs involved, specifically for crew trades.

I think I may have mentioned this in another recent thread (it just talked about it with wife)

But I think a one trade per month cap plus a small Dilithium fee could make a crew trade system viable. (Otherwise, yes.. double sided triple accounts would be everywhere dumping the goods to mother account. With caps and costs that'd be less likely)
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    My gosh, you're a dork.
    Just to clarify my vote, I do not really think you are a "dork" ;)

(There wasn't an option in the Poll for 'Do not give players a way to manipulate the game!')
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew only with fleet members (private exchange, maybe a starbase feature).
    No, multi accounts would just make this insane

I agree. I would love to be able to give fleetmates crew I don't need (and visa versa), but alt accounts to farm characters would be abused. It seems like there should be a way to do this, but it would probably be too convoluted to help prevent farming accounts.

In a previous post, I had mentioned a starbase room that allowed it, but that it had a "quarantine"/waiting period before the character was released and that maybe it would only allow one at a time. The idea being it would make farming more difficult, since trading a single character might take a while.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
    Yep, this thread is always in the forums.

Better chance of seeing an Excalibur wielding leprechaun riding a unicorn, whilst hunting a yeti.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • No. Like others have mentioned, massive # of alt acc would appear and get abused.

I have played TCG game before where this was allowed and it became a mess.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Make it a fleet only points ratio system. You throw say a 4* card into the fleet pool for 400 transfer points, but to buy someone else's 4* card is say 1200 points. So you need to throw 3 in to get 1 back. That should dissuade rampant abuse of the system I think.

1* card = 50 receive /150 to buy
    2* card = 100/300
    3* card = 200/600
    4* card = 400/1200
    5* card = 800/2400

Obviously adjust ratio to suit if you think 3-1 is too little.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew only with fleet members (private exchange, maybe a starbase feature).
    I think it's a good idea, but abuse issue would have to be addressed.
  • Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew only with fleet members (private exchange, maybe a starbase feature).
    True, but there are a number of ways around alt accounts making this an issue. On top of which since DB does seem to like money having this in place could mean more $$ for them.

Assuming you say that you can only trade by having a room in a starbase and being part of a fleet for more then 6 months. Is one way. You can only trade in fleet.

Most people will not be able to have alt accounts sitting in a fleet for 6 months plus farm what is needed for a personal starbase room in order to trade crew.

Of the few that would, well there are also people who spend a few grand a month on this game. Should we start changing the game cause of those people who will spend thousands, and shoot those FTP in the foot?

Think of the greater good, and put enough hardships in place that those dedicated can benefit and those that are nuts and want to waste time and money, well DB benefits from their insanity that they would be showing in other ways any way.
    I don't think you're a dork, but chose no for fairness sake. If it were limited to once per month as mentioned above, I think that's reasonable. Help people to obtain and star their favourite crew without exploiting the mechanics to gain advantage unfairly.
  • With proper limitations I think this is not a bad idea.
    "
    Join TFA II now.
  • Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew with any other captain (public exchange).
    This would be a great idea.
    Has nobody considered the implications of this? The top 1% (E.G. the event buyers with unlimited funds) will be using multiple accounts to farm their characters even more unevenly than they do now. Right now the only thing keeping us peasants in the race is that the 1%ers only have their own account to build with.
  • Yes, I would like to be able to trade crew with any other captain (public exchange).
    Yes.I would also like to trade.Even with DB on DB's terms.:D
    No. Absolutely not. I have seen so many games going the way of trading, and the amount of hacking that goes into it ruins the game tremendously. I personally believe trading will lead to less spending, which leads to less money for the game, leading to the game dying a shallow and unfortunate death. This has happened to many of the "collection" games I play (see Guardian Cross), and trading really ruined the game.

Imagine the following: In the beginning of the game, you have a free pull. What if you trade this freshly pulled crew to your main account? What if someone pays other people to do this for them (see some whales). The amount of imbalance in this game will be greatly increased.

So, please, no trading.