Home The Bridge
Options

Change to Ads general cool down

p2fcgeedfmal.png

Personally I think this is a great change, and I hope that the administration decides to leave it in place. It is very nice to not have to worry about what time I am doing ads so they don't interfere with others.

Also, the game will get more ad revenue due to people being able to run more warps and doubles. It's a win-win!

Everyone feel free to add your opinion about this change, for or against doesn't matter. As long as everyone keeps it civil. And it would be nice to provide reasoning behind your opinion.

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It’s one of TP’s better recent innovations.
  • Options
    100% agree. Appreciate that they're trying this out and hope they keep it.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree too. Less stress about timing correctly.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it fixed the glitch of requiring a restart before scanning to get the ad to load.
  • Options
    It's nice being able to do an extra cadet run and be able to double it if there are good results.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    This actually introduces some meaningful choice in the way I sequence my play to min/max doubling. I hope their metrics play out in favor of keeping.
  • Options
    I've noticed it fixed the glitch of requiring a restart before scanning to get the ad to load.

Sadly that is just a run of good luck on your part. I still have to restart every now and then to get the warp to come up.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also enjoy this change, it's just a shame the Dabo one doesn't reset at the same time as the wheel itself.

This... we STILL can't get the Dabo ad to reset on the wheel? They'd be getting more ad views overall, but as players our benefit wouldn't really change, its not like we would be able to game the system, we could just consistently use it.
  • Options
    I am very happy with this change. An indicator when a 2x ad and dabo availability ( unless a hard reset time is implemented) would really perfect this system.

I have also had less ads get stuck at hailing before or after the ad on both of my android devices. I don't know if the 20 minute between different types interlock was the cause of this problem but it seems that without it i am seeing fewer issues.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, it will mean more adverts used.

I have just noticed that I can ad-warp a cadet mission, then use an ad-double on the result.
  • Options
    I also enjoy this change, it's just a shame the Dabo one doesn't reset at the same time as the wheel itself.

This is even worse when you change time zones and the time change causes your ad warp to fail...I can't use both my tablet and my phone to do ad warps as the game doesn't track. If I pop it open on the 2nd device 5 minutes after using it on the first, it thinks it is available.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    RogaDanar wrote: »

This is even worse when you change time zones and the time change causes your ad warp to fail...I can't use both my tablet and my phone to do ad warps as the game doesn't track. If I pop it open on the 2nd device 5 minutes after using it on the first, it thinks it is available.

Ya that happened to me in spring. Got the error and had to wait 24 hours until I could finally do it and get a free spin. This was all on one device. I had thought I waited 24 hours when I tried. In spring with time change it means adding an extra hour to the previous days Ad spin.

The same account on multiple devices was flakey in the past. Most of the time you would think you had the ad , try it, and it fails. But, it reset the delay until next use.