Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event Notes: Stream of Lives (flashback) - 2021-12-30

Comments

• Seems we are back to horrible stats of ranked new 5*, sadly. :/
    r9xv4fr1zwhf.jpeg
    oz5gcycu10k4.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we are back to horrible stats of ranked new 5*, sadly. :/
    r9xv4fr1zwhf.jpeg
    oz5gcycu10k4.jpeg

That is a bad-seat cushion looking Alex!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we are back to horrible stats of ranked new 5*, sadly. :/
    r9xv4fr1zwhf.jpeg
    oz5gcycu10k4.jpeg

I'm happy for a reason to take a week off.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or... nice artwork, 3 stat-buffing collections, solid stats (not elite, just solid), and a reason to care about Alexander in-game. :)
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Three collections? Nice, I want it.
  • Seems we are back to horrible stats of ranked new 5*, sadly. :/
    r9xv4fr1zwhf.jpeg
    oz5gcycu10k4.jpeg

It's Alexander ... He shouldn't have been a 5* in the first place. I'm more miffed about the crappy flashbacks just repeats without any added benefits ... So for me this will be a hard pass ... Looks like alcohols back on the menu boys :)
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can get the Kal'Hyah Martok, we'll have the entire groom party. Throw in Bride Jadzia and Srirella and we could have a nice collection... Or how about a wedding collection in general? "You Are Cordially Invited..." Is the perfect title either way.

Bride Keiko also. What about a Bride Torres and Troi and Groom Paris and Riker? The couple who got married in TOS when the Romulans first appeared?

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have the Bride Troi, but we need Groom O'Brien. As many O'Brien's as there are, they are all DS9. No TNG era O'Brien's to be found. Him in his dress uniform would be perfect.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have the Bride Troi, but we need Groom O'Brien. As many O'Brien's as there are, they are all DS9. No TNG era O'Brien's to be found. Him in his dress uniform would be perfect.

Dress uniform would be perfect for the wedding collection. But we also need Transporter Chief O'Brien and Conn Officer O'Brien from TNG.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: If I wait to claim all of the Threshold rewards until after the event concludes, will the Community rewards be included with them? I read this as slightly ambiguous, so some clarification would be appreciated:

t04djxadgw34.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: If I wait to claim all of the Threshold rewards until after the event concludes, will the Community rewards be included with them? I read this as slightly ambiguous, so some clarification would be appreciated:

t04djxadgw34.png

Hmm that's a leftover from another event I think.
    That sentence should not there in this case.
    Community rewards will be included at the end of the event.
    Shan wrote: »

t04djxadgw34.png

Hmm that's a leftover from another event I think.
    That sentence should not there in this case.
    Community rewards will be included at the end of the event.
    Thank you for the timely response, Shan. :)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I think Alexander was the worst developed semi-regular character who had a speaking part in all of Star Trek. His stats match. Morn had a more developed story and character than Alexander.

The scene where Morn is way in the background telling "the funniest joke in the Galaxy" is hilarious. Of course we cannot hear a word of it. But the actor is just so animated. I believe I read somewhere that since he was out of audio range, he was told to "just tell a funny joke" and he did. The laughter of the extras apparently was organic and natural, rather than pretend.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I'm still bitter that they lied and said "we'll provide the old 5* at 400k in reruns", then said "hahah suckers, you bought that, we're changing the name to flashback and giving you the finger instead."

6 years in, and nothing changes.
    edited January 2022
    I'm still bitter that they lied and said "we'll provide the old 5* at 400k in reruns", then said "hahah suckers, you bought that, we're changing the name to flashback and giving you the finger instead."
    *snip*
    5* Claymore Scotty was the threshold reward at 400K in the rerun of Leisure Time at the end of November 2021, if memory or this quote serves:
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    Galaxy events are such a chroniton drain :/ I've been stopping at 130K lately, but this event I'll want to hit 400k for Scotty. It feels like it's been a while since a rerun was a galaxy.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18740/event-discussion-thread-galaxy-event-leisure-time-rerun-2021-11-25/p1

(Side note: the wiki might need updating.)

I also seem to recall going to 400K for the following 5*s in reruns of 2021:

Captain Morgan Bateson (July)
    Dancing Uhura (May)
    Commander Kira Nerys (March)
    Frank Hollander (also March)

That being said, you are somewhat correct in one regard:
    *snip*
    🖖
  • I'm still bitter that they lied and said "we'll provide the old 5* at 400k in reruns", then said "hahah suckers, you bought that, we're changing the name to flashback and giving you the finger instead."
    *snip*
    5* Claymore Scotty was the threshold reward at 400K in the rerun of Leisure Time at the end of November 2021, if memory or this quote serves:
    Galaxy events are such a chroniton drain :/ I've been stopping at 130K lately, but this event I'll want to hit 400k for Scotty. It feels like it's been a while since a rerun was a galaxy.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18740/event-discussion-thread-galaxy-event-leisure-time-rerun-2021-11-25/p1

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

Very good summary. And excellent examples of the variation in what is basically the same thing being different. I know they love Flashbacks over Reruns because Flashbacks need zero re-working. But, adding that 400K reward shouldn't be major work. And would increase engagement for those that need the character, or a star for the character.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scottergun wrote: »
    *snip*

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

Very good summary. And excellent examples of the variation in what is basically the same thing being different. I know they love Flashbacks over Reruns because Flashbacks need zero re-working. But, adding that 400K reward shouldn't be major work. And would increase engagement for those that need the character, or a star for the character.

Adding a 400k reward isn't the work. Adding a new character is. It's the same work for every new character whether it's a 4*/5* in a Tuesday pack, a 4*/5* in an event, or even a 2*/3* added somehow. They apparently can't keep up with adding new characters a week(2 in event and 1 in Tuesday pack) plus the mega crew and the occasional giveaway, gauntlet, and honor hall crew. The rerun saved them designing 1 new crew. The flashback saves them designing 2 new crew. So the combination of both a rerun and a flashback between megas gives them 3 crew they don't have to design so they can design the mega crew and the other additional crew.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    *snip*

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

Adding a 400k reward isn't the work. Adding a new character is. It's the same work for every new character whether it's a 4*/5* in a Tuesday pack, a 4*/5* in an event, or even a 2*/3* added somehow. They apparently can't keep up with adding new characters a week(2 in event and 1 in Tuesday pack) plus the mega crew and the occasional giveaway, gauntlet, and honor hall crew. The rerun saved them designing 1 new crew. The flashback saves them designing 2 new crew. So the combination of both a rerun and a flashback between megas gives them 3 crew they don't have to design so they can design the mega crew and the other additional crew.

Well, I thought the 400K Reward was from the Event already or something like that that was existing. My bad.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    *snip*

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

Well, I thought the 400K Reward was from the Event already or something like that that was existing. My bad.

The 400K reward is the existing legendary from the event. But they have to be replaced in the ranked rewards, so that means adding a new legendary for that. And it generally means tweaking a few things about the event to fit the new character as well (bonus traits etc), so that's some more work that they don't have to do with a flashback.
  • ScottergunScottergun ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    *snip*

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

The 400K reward is the existing legendary from the event. But they have to be replaced in the ranked rewards, so that means adding a new legendary for that. And it generally means tweaking a few things about the event to fit the new character as well (bonus traits etc), so that's some more work that they don't have to do with a flashback.

But, isn't the Ranked Legendary SUPPOSED to be for the next week any way? I'm totally confused.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    *snip*

Dancing Uhura (May)

*snip*
    🖖

But, isn't the Ranked Legendary SUPPOSED to be for the next week any way? I'm totally confused.

Yes. So in the week before a rerun you get a new legendary as the ranked reward, then the old legendary as the 400K reward in the event itself. In the week before a flashback you get the old legendary, then no 400K reward in the event. The ranked reward during the event will always be next week's legendary, whether it's a rerun or a flashback.