Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event Notes: Disaffect and Divergence - 2022-01-06

Comments

• Options
    Will by my first ever Faction event, with 3h shuttles only,
    because of the old lame ranked legendary reward.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a weird choice, but timing wise it must fit into their Convergence Day plans.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I can manage a legend with a faction event.
    Much easier to get a legend with objective events then faction event.
  • Options
    Back-to-back faction events (well, 1/2 and then one) with Klingon shuttles. Seems odd to me.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have COP Picard 4/5. Looking forward to adding that last star.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Legendary Reward is an existing Crew?

calatcllptpt.jpg

My Picard is FF, so I guess will be working on leveling him for the following week.

vxcvza3o3svr.jpg

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I wonder how many minutes Linus has been on screen on Discovery after 3 plus seasons. Maybe 2 minutes top? Not worthy of another 4 star character. Half the bridge crew on the show hasn't even made it into the game.
  • Options
    I wonder how many minutes Linus has been on screen on Discovery after 3 plus seasons. Maybe 2 minutes top? Not worthy of another 4 star character. Half the bridge crew on the show hasn't even made it into the game.

I would have thought sneezing Linus first. At least.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

It's a good thing then that sneezing Linus was the first one we've added to the game, granted he is simply named Linus :) But he's definitively holding a sneeze ;)

• Options
    Shan wrote: »

It's a good thing then that sneezing Linus was the first one we've added to the game, granted he is simply named Linus :) But he's definitively holding a sneeze ;)

I must have forgotten. OOPS
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Linus is the Boba Fett of Star Trek, ridiculously popular despite minimal screen time. He's definitely had more than 2 minutes but I'd be amazed if he's made it into double figures. You're right though, we need Rhys, Bryce and Nilsson at some point.

As for Picard being an existing crew, I'm expecting another Convergence Day rerun the following week
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I really thought at first glance the title said "disinfect" 😆
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A high school English teacher wouldn't accept this kind of plagiarism.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised and not surprised that every single time there is a flashback event people are confused that there is an existing legendary as the ranked reward. It’s clear they’re going to rerun Convergence Day again as the next event.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I’m surprised and not surprised that every single time there is a flashback event people are confused that there is an existing legendary as the ranked reward. It’s clear they’re going to rerun Convergence Day again as the next event.

It's not so much confusion on my side as it is disappointment that they can't be bothered to come up with a new event for their anniversary every year. Honestly, write a new script for your biggest day outside of Star Trek Day. You gave us COP Founder Picard and Archer years ago...give us COP Founders Kirk, Sisko, Janeway, Burnham, etc. Have fun with it!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

It's not so much confusion on my side as it is disappointment that they can't be bothered to come up with a new event for their anniversary every year. Honestly, write a new script for your biggest day outside of Star Trek Day. You gave us COP Founder Picard and Archer years ago...give us COP Founders Kirk, Sisko, Janeway, Burnham, etc. Have fun with it!

And those early convergence day events were cool with extra crew and rewards in the event. Now the event is just a normal event. Let's see what they do with the 6th anniversary Saru, how they give him away and his stats. But the event itself is now just an event.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

And those early convergence day events were cool with extra crew and rewards in the event. Now the event is just a normal event. Let's see what they do with the 6th anniversary Saru, how they give him away and his stats. But the event itself is now just an event.

I know they call these competitions events, but are these really “events”? It’s something that happens, but often isn’t special or memorable.
  • Options
    I guess I finally have a reason to fully level Linus. I have C.O.P. Founder Picard at 3/5; too bad I'll never rank high enough to score him (unless maybe a lot of people sit this one out).
  • Options
    I guess I finally have a reason to fully level Linus. I have C.O.P. Founder Picard at 3/5; too bad I'll never rank high enough to score him (unless maybe a lot of people sit this one out).

Chances might be better than ever. Good luck.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    r9gc58x3tjb1.png

Be aware datacore shows the wrong Tyler as bonus.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Will K'mtar count as Alexander?
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »

Yes
  • Options

Should? I think so.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Options
    Does anyone else see some sort of resemblance of Linus to the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost?
    star-trek-linus.gifanime-dinosaur.gif

Seems logical. Evolution plus better costuming and prosthetics these days.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Options

Yes

And in case anyone forgot (like I did), Voq should count as Tyler