Home The Bridge
Options

Arena schematics updated for the new year

Looking at the previews for the upcoming months, Captain and Admiral arenas will see some of the newest ships in the game. (Well, except in January we get the Bounty which many of us don't need).
Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!

Comments

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, better late than never. Just wish they gave us more than two days warning. Or, you know, any warning.

For completest out there, note the Yeager is the Captain Division reward for January. I've never done the math to see if you can complete a 4* star from what you will win in the division in a month. At least you should be able to make a dent. But, I'm not sure the effort is worth it if you have even one 5* ship complete.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    Well, better late than never. Just wish they gave us more than two days warning. Or, you know, any warning.

For completest out there, note the Yeager is the Captain Division reward for January. I've never done the math to see if you can complete a 4* star from what you will win in the division in a month. At least you should be able to make a dent. But, I'm not sure the effort is worth it if you have even one 5* ship complete.

A brief perusal of the wiki leads me to conclude that a 4* ship such as the Yeager requires a total of 4000 schematics, 450 to build from level 0 (to level 1) and 3550 to level from 1 to 9 ("Max Lv."). The maximum number of schematics as ranked reward for the Captain Division is 65. So, it looks like level 7 or 8 is doable.

I whole-heartedly agree with your point about advance notice. I looked at the January & February rewards on December 1st, noted those ships & lack of personal need, and decided to use the 4* crew slots for event bonus crew. As a result, I am ranked 11,403rd in the Captain Division & have little chance to make up significant ground.

Once again, the lack of communication is ... disheartening. If the company won't make an effort, then why should I?

EDIT 1: Yay for updated ships, though! :smile:

EDIT 2: I moved from 11,403rd to 7,996th in 9 battles, so making up significant ground is indeed possible.

EDIT 3: Save the in-game mail messages until the calendar flips over to January for a couple of extra days' worth of the updated schematics. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Glad they're starting with the Bounty, I dropped out of the Admiral division after completing the Roddenberry. I didn't want to wrack up tons of schematics for scrap when others were trying to complete the ship.

I'm nearing the bottom 20%, so it'll take a bit to climb back up!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    EDIT 3: Save the in-game mail messages until the calendar flips over to January for a couple of extra days' worth of the updated schematics. :wink:

Are you saying the unclaimed earned schematics at the end of December will change to January's ship schematics? That would be cool.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Slick wrote: »

Are you saying the unclaimed earned schematics at the end of December will change to January's ship schematics? That would be cool.

That is correct. Those in-game messages have a 3-day expiration, so I let them sit in my inbox until I confirm that the next month's ship is being shown in the thumbnail icon in them.

h6riiddqoruz.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Looking at the previews for the upcoming months, Captain and Admiral arenas will see some of the newest ships in the game. (Well, except in January we get the Bounty which many of us don't need).

I hate it.
    January is the next month with useless schematics (for me) instead of some I needed.
    And first of all, why these quick changes from one day to the other? March would be perfectly fine.
  • Options
    I'm irritated as well. I have the Kelden class ship at 9/10, so I would've completed it in January. Instead we have the last minute switch to the Bounty, which I've had finished for ages. What was the point of that?
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Glad they're starting with the Bounty, I dropped out of the Admiral division after completing the Roddenberry. I didn't want to wrack up tons of schematics for scrap when others were trying to complete the ship.

It’s not as if these schematics don’t spam in Dabo.

I’m hoping for a month of Enterprise E schematics. That was introduced ages ago and hasn’t had any sort of major appearance since - in events or as a featured vehicle in the store.