Home Ready Room
Options

The Big Book of Behold Advice v2.0

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Kirk outrank Sisko, or am I missing something? 🤔

qoig7krhuu2j.png

Sisko has more passives for Evasion and Accuracy which aren’t listed on the table.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, we removed those columns for formatting (especially on mobile), but passives do factor in to ship rating.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the work that has gone into this, I use it daily.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Click/tap anywhere on the row to expand it and get the full list of passives. Sisko pulls ahead of Kirk here primarily because of his massive Accuracy boost, as others have pointed out, which makes a difference in Arena.
    9qwinhvzp03r.png
  • Options
    Yup, we removed those columns for formatting (especially on mobile), but passives do factor in to ship rating.

Speaking of formatting, I have a request: would it be possible to move the text on the Citation Optimizer page? Because, on mobile...

v5r3mvd17uwn.png
  • Options
    imdwalrus wrote: »

Speaking of formatting, I have a request: would it be possible to move the text on the Citation Optimizer page? Because, on mobile...

We're not affiliated with DataCore. Their thread is here and their Discord link here.
  • Options
    imdwalrus wrote: »

We're not affiliated with DataCore. Their thread is here and their Discord link here.

Oops. Thank you for the clarification! :smile:
  • Options
    Never got around to thanking those who produced and update the Big Book of Behold Advice v2 - it is an amazing piece of work and I regularly use it as my ST Timelines character and general game bible. I look forward to seeing the character updates every week (and the narratives) or just reading through the stats or past characters if time allows etc - yes, I am that sad!! Anyway, many thanks and keep up the good work .
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    New commendations are always featured at the top of the leaderboard page.

image.png
    many thanks and keep up the good work .
    Thank you! 🙏
  • Options
    To list crew that can be retrieved now with 100% chance but not after a portal update, the “crnow” and “crlater” search keywords were added and they can be used in comparison expressions.

Example:
    crnow=100 crlater<crnow

w352l8b121pv.jpeg

fk2iu72pyme7.jpeg
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    - Reduced event rating contributions from raw base power for non-bonus crew.
    - Reduced default shuttle tier weight by 2 percentage points. Increased default collection tier weight by 2 percentage points.
    - Increased the slow activation penalty for instant damage crew with an activation limit.
    - Significantly decreased hull repair and shield repair scores for crew with an activation limit.

The justifications behind de-emphasizing raw base power are manifold. The sigmoid function determining the shuttle success probability heavily penalizes top base crew above a certain inflection point by inflicting exponential diminishing returns.
    1*a04iKNbchayCAJ7-0QlesA.png
    This inflection point has always remained a fixed point as WRG has always kept the so-called shuttle difficulty coefficient constant for both daily shuttles and event shuttles. The consequence is that almost all new crew are in this territory of heavy diminishing returns and old crew are also pushed into this range. This happens for obvious reasons:

a. New top base crew are printed constantly, almost exclusively, and they are in this heavy DR territory even when not breaking top base records.
    b. Constantly bombarding us with new stat boosts improves our old cards more significantly than our new cards thanks to those diminishing returns. Old cards that might not have been considered optimal for shuttle use are constantly pushed past this inflection point that makes them competitive and perfectly viable replacements for most other top base crew.

So, the consequence here is that new cards become far less appealing from a base power perspective as rosters improve without their very marginal help simply by chasing better long-term value in cards such as a good set of traits which impacts everything from collections (and future potential collections which BB also quantifies) to voyages and events.

Note that the voyage and gauntlet systems have no such inherent diminishing returns and hard performance caps. Acquiring new top crew and constantly unlocking new stat boosts greatly improve everyone's roster in these areas of the game without hinderance. It was time for the Big Book to slightly re-adjust the scales to reflect this new reality.

Please join our Discord for constant updates and to contribute to such discussions.

PS: Don't forget about the sliders at the bottom of the Overall ratings page that lets you change how the tier number is calculated by selecting custom weights for each area of the game to better reflect your roster's needs. 1z1yb9r4n7r0.png
  • Options
    Are you guys still active? I ask because you haven't added Insider Ro to the ratings yet, and I want to know what you think.
  • Options
    NoNameNamer is away from the game for personal reasons. When/if he is able to return, you'll see resource functionality return to normal.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the hard work on the Big Book! It's a fantastic resource.
  • Options
    Great resource for the community. Thanks.
  • Options
    I went to go to the Discord link that's posted a few times on the first page of this thread and it says it's invalid.
  • Options
    I went to go to the Discord link that's posted a few times on the first page of this thread and it says it's invalid.

https://www.bigbook.app/
  • Options
    Incredible work.
  • Options
    The Quipment section for each crew now has labels for optimal usage. E.g: Frantic McCoy
    bjginppgm981.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for all the work on the Big Book - invaluable resource for playing!
  • Options
    Thanks for this wonderfull site. Unfortunately the main site seems to not be working properly at the moment. It briefly displays and then disappears. Though the component parts like ratings or gauntlet still work fine.
  • Options
    Big Book is reporting that Riker variants are bonus crew in the April 11th event. This is a typo. Worst Contact Riker is an event reward, but Elnor variants are bonus crew...and he isn't mentioned. There's a reference to this in the event announcement.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21203/skirmish-event-notes-the-darkest-timeline-2024-04-11/p1?new=1

Also, two characters have been missing: Captain Rayner & Out of Time Burnham. I was looking forward to see their ship battle ratings, which DataCore has never had, so I can include those in my own Excel workbook.

Is there a technical malfunction within BigBook? Are some of the workers unavailable?
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    Big Book is reporting that Riker variants are bonus crew in the April 11th event. This is a typo. Worst Contact Riker is an event reward, but Elnor variants are bonus crew...and he isn't mentioned. There's a reference to this in the event announcement.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21203/skirmish-event-notes-the-darkest-timeline-2024-04-11/p1?new=1

Also, two characters have been missing: Captain Rayner & Out of Time Burnham. I was looking forward to see their ship battle ratings, which DataCore has never had, so I can include those in my own Excel workbook.

Is there a technical malfunction within BigBook? Are some of the workers unavailable?

Vacation but Burnham and a couple of others are there now