Home The Bridge
Options

Too Much Inventory

First, a huge thanks to the folks that put together and maintain the Big Book of Behold Advise. I really appreciate the help. Please don't take any of this as a negative, but I am confused on the "Unneeded Items" area.

Like many of us, over time I have accumulated tones of stuff. I keep getting up to 930-950 items and I use the Big Book to clean out unneeded items. But, here is where I am getting confused. Today, I got rid of all the extra ship schematics, unneeded items and most of the might need later items to get back to 870.

Here is where I need help. First, does the evaluation of need only consider items with only one copy? It seems like it I have 2 or more copies of something, it is never chosen as an unneeded (note: this does not apply to ship schematics). Next, I have Roman Captive Kirk FEFF. Yet, the first item in my inventory is the 5star Kirk's Gladiator Outfit. I checked the wiki and the only character that appears to need it is Roman Captive Kirk. Why would it not be identified as not needed?

So, any help to better understand and use the really cool Big Book tool would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I assume you're talking about https://datacore.app/playertools?tool=unneeded

The DataCore is not affiliated with The Big Book, they simply borrow some of the information we provide. If you don't find a suitable answer here you can get in touch with them is through their forum post here or on their discord server.

edit: misread something.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're talking about https://datacore.app/playertools?tool=unneeded

The DataCore is not affiliated with The Big Book, they simply borrow some of the information we provide. If you don't find a suitable answer here you can get in touch with them is through their forum post here or on their discord server.

edit: misread something.

Thanx! I went from about 950 to 798!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get rid of any items that list a character name unless it's a 4* or 5* item, and this keeps me around 750. I'm sure I've broken down items that I could have later used, but 0-3* items tend to be cheap to make.

Also, if I have an event SR fully equipped, I'll immediately break down the gold outfit reward when it drops.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I get rid of any items that list a character name unless it's a 4* or 5* item, and this keeps me around 750. I'm sure I've broken down items that I could have later used, but 0-3* items tend to be cheap to make.

Also, if I have an event SR fully equipped, I'll immediately break down the gold outfit reward when it drops.

“Break down” = convert to replicator rations?
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you *really* want to build dupe 3star Idrins, I would suggest looking through and killing off any Hirogen item. You'll be surprised how many there are.

Probably the same could be said for Jem'Hadar stuff.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Unless you *really* want to build dupe 3star Idrins, I would suggest looking through and killing off any Hirogen item. You'll be surprised how many there are.

Kind of like Bajoran Phasers. Useless until you get a new Odo in game. Then you suddenly need 237.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Frank? wrote: »

Kazon stuff as well
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Break down” = convert to replicator rations?
    Yep.

Other than the occasional unnecessary event outfit, I find I only need to do a pass every few months to convert named items to replicator rations.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider breaking down a bunch of stuff but it’s tedious doing it. It would be nice if I could do it in bulk. And also nice if I had a use for all of the replicator rations. Which I don’t.

In the mean time whenever I need to make Champagne I sometimes remember to clean out my inventory.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification between datacore and big book. I will post as similar question there. Also, thanks to the ideas of clearing inventory. At the end of the day, the datacore site is wonderfully helpful, but a little confusing on how it works. Thanks again.