Home Engineering Room
Options

Broken ad breaks ad warps

I suspect that the ads are probably not under WRG's control, but when an ad is broken it would still be good to be able to continue playing without restarting the app.

I've been getting this one specific ad quite a lot lately, and it refuses to load and play the video. So all I can do is using the "back" button of the phone. After doing so, it's not possible to press the ad warp button again, nor does it show up in other places. All I can do to get it back is restarting the app.

I lost all ad warps for the cadet missions today because of this bug. I don't mind about the shuttle boosters that I lost. However, I would mind if the same thing happened on a Saturday...

m0g1hizd3y6w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jan Krohn wrote: »
    I suspect that the ads are probably not under WRG's control, but when an ad is broken it would still be good to be able to continue playing without restarting the app.

I've been getting this one specific ad quite a lot lately, and it refuses to load and play the video. So all I can do is using the "back" button of the phone. After doing so, it's not possible to press the ad warp button again, nor does it show up in other places. All I can do to get it back is restarting the app.

I lost all ad warps for the cadet missions today because of this bug. I don't mind about the shuttle boosters that I lost. However, I would mind if the same thing happened on a Saturday...

m0g1hizd3y6w.jpg

When reporting an ad please also check the ad network that is surfacing the ad, otherwise there is nothing much we can do.

In the case of the ad above this would have been achieved by clicking on the triangle symbol
    8l98w0am46d9.png

Never hesitate to also report an ad via the ad itself, which should be possible via the "i" button.

I am sorry you are encountering this issue, and I hope that we will be able to do something about it with the network information.

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    UPDATE: Well now I feel stupid. In my defense, when I was writing my comment, Shan's response wasn't showing yet. :|

There is a workaround for some ads. Click on one of the icons in the right corner (I can't remember which one, but I think it's the company logo, not the info one) and it should give you more info on the company and ad. One option is "report ad;" it will give you a bunch of options and I always use "ad doesn't look right" or something. It will then close the ad after a few seconds. A lot of work, to be sure, but it's better than restarting.

However, this only works with one of the companies that we get ads from in game; I think it's Ad Choice but I have refused to devote brain power to remembering.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm sure the ad will pop up again in due time...
  • Options
    I got it again, and reported it. Facebook Audience Network.
    codtm9eep4il.jpg
    penb7r4eroan.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!