Home The Bridge

Delphic Expanse collection- Who qualifies?

Having just finished rewatching Season Three of Enterprise, I noticed some crew were clearly missing from the collection that should be included, like *Lorian and *Karyn Archer, but, with it being simply "crew from the Delphic Expanse" and Loque'eque Sato (makes sense with the alien DNA virus bit) being included, would variants of crew that exist because of conditions or situations within the Expanse count? If that is the case, then what about:
* Imprinted Archer (complete with baby Insectoids)- Should he have the Xindi trait even?
* Twilight T'Pol
* Xindi Prisoner Archer
* North Star Archer
* North Star T'Pol
* North Star Tucker
* Captain T'Pol
* Alternate Future T'Pol
There could be some argument that *Restless Trip Tucker and *Private S. Money could be thrown in, since the Xindi attack and the loss of his sister caused the insomnia and the MACOs were only aboard to combat the Xindi threat.
I haven't seen anything with a firmer definition, unless I used the wrong search terms.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of Sato, the rest of the collection are characters native to the expanse. I think of it as a Xindi species collection, with a couple random expanse species (sphere builder & Tarquin) added to beef up the count.

Including Sato in this collection only opens the door for inconsistencies, which happens whenever species traits are assigned to characters who aren't technically part of that species.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it's supposed to be aliens native to the Delphic Expanse. Imprinted Archer has a case because he has the baby Insectoid with him. The other Archers, T'Pols, and Trips are just the crew who spent time in the Expanse.

Lorian and Karyn Archer are interesting. They were born and lived in the Expanse, but their species was from outside the Expanse. I think I'm ok with it being limited to species native to the Delphic Expanse, but I can see the argument.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to define native and that can get tricky. The three replies are good proof. Three different takes on the same thing, which was my point. It was vague and I was trying to figure out were some just missed or do they not count. It's how far do we go.

Some are pretty clearly just overlooked.
    * Karyn Archer is part Ikaarian, who are native to the Expanse. I would think she would count then for sure. She's third generation Expanse born and has never been near Earth.

Some seem a bit grey, but when evaluated singularly are rightly included.
    *That Sato doesn't have the Human trait, just her "new" species. That planet is Expanse bound, so she obviously counts.

Some are a little grey, but are likely just overlooked.
    * Lorian would qualify under 'jus soli' (law of the soil) for birthright citizenship, even being Human/Vulcan. He was born there. He doesn't know anything, but Enterprise and the Expanse.

The others are people from outside the Expanse, but could that VARIANT exist elsewhere? We base traits on the variant individually. What defines that character version at that moment in time? Kal'Hyah granted Klingon to the three humans, but only that version of Bashir, not before or after. He gets 'Klingon' for, what, a week? That's part of my argument. If a week immersed in Klingon culture gets you 'Klingon', why wouldn't 117 years of living in the Expanse get AF T'Pol the 'Expanse' trait, as it were? The Captain version of her only existed in the Expanse, in an alternate timeline brought on by anomalies and interphasic parasites. Twilight T'Pol could be included as an extension of that.
    The North Star crew are dressed to blend in on North Star, a planet in the Expanse. Bajoran Culber, et c, got his Bajoran trait, because of a disguise. If they get into a species collection based on a disguise, wouldn't they get the Expanse trait the same way?
    I'm an insomnia philosopher and I was a roll. :D
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I don't think this needs to be an ENT S3 collection. But I do see an argument for expanding the scope to include Imprinted Archer (since he's under Xindi influence), as well as Lorian and Karyn Archer (since they grew up there).

This being said, I also think it's fine to keep the current scope of alien races of the Delphic Expanse - including the Loque'eque. Even with this limited scope, there are plenty of possible crew. The most obvious ones, in my opinion, are the Xindi-Humanoid Counselor, Loque'eque Archer, Sphere-Builder "canary,", Rajiin, D'Jamat, and maybe the Xindi-Reptilian Counselor.

There are a number of others that might work: Kessick (Xindi prisoner), Alien Prison Foreman, Thalen (Degra's assistant), Damron (time-traveling Reptilian), and Draysik. A few other brief aliens as well, some of which may have uncommon traits, like B'Rat and Zjod.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see a 4 star Trellium-D T'Pol
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for Hayes and Cole...some of the other MACO's...Valdore...Gareb...Okay, I have a list....a very long one.
  • Major Hayes was a great character, especially since he gave Reed a chance for some development.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say "yes" for Gareb, Jhamel's brother! :) Major Hayes is also meowsme and so is the cutiepie Cole! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")