Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event - Closing the Distance - 2022/02/10 ME#2

Comments

• Options
    Is it just me?
    uoev92evanvw.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art on both Elnor and Laris looks fantastic.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

+87
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me?
    uoev92evanvw.jpeg

Not just you!
    I've let the team know, in between a few grumbles.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

Agreed!

Elnor, as a character, is far too elfy for me. But I do like this art.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Is it just me?
    uoev92evanvw.jpeg

Not just you!

FIXED - UMPH!
  • Options
    Is it just me?
    uoev92evanvw.jpeg

Not just you!

FIXED - UMPH!

This art thing is probably driving you crazy. So let me take this time to say

ynfm2ll3qms7.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Obviously Angel Burnmom is busy averting Control's attempts to take over the galaxy, so any art involving her only becomes visible once she's stabilised the timeline.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me?
    uoev92evanvw.jpeg

Not just you!

FIXED - UMPH!

This art thing is probably driving you crazy. So let me take this time to say

ynfm2ll3qms7.jpg

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several months back someone had mentioned in an event thread that players are getting the event screen pop-ups for the following week's event upon opening the client and that often times it spoils the story for the current week. Shan said that they were hopeful to have it fixed, but it's been quite a while since then. Any update on that issue?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I had a bottleneck in my airlock (that sounds terrible), so I'm sure I'm late to the party, but why does Graduation Amanda Grayson have SEC?

I know they like to shoehorn redundant CMD/DIP/SEC crew into mega events as the recurring character, but this one baffles me. As a caring mother, MED would have worked far better for this variant, seemingly more so than SEC or possibly even CMD. Am I forgetting something about that episode?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I had a bottleneck in my airlock (that sounds terrible), so I'm sure I'm late to the party, but why does Graduation Amanda Grayson have SEC?

I know they like to shoehorn redundant CMD/DIP/SEC crew into mega events as the recurring character, but this one baffles me. As a caring mother, MED would have worked far better for this variant, seemingly more so than SEC or possibly even CMD. Am I forgetting something about that episode?

The thing we all keep forgetting is that the people who run this game don't watch the show.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Someone doing the crew stats really doesn't like Elnor it seems.
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    Someone doing the crew stats really doesn't like Elnor it seems.

Mine hit the top of the list a few times in Phase Two. Of course, I only needed to craft a little to hit 130,000 and finish.
  • Options
    Several months back someone had mentioned in an event thread that players are getting the event screen pop-ups for the following week's event upon opening the client and that often times it spoils the story for the current week. Shan said that they were hopeful to have it fixed, but it's been quite a while since then. Any update on that issue?

^
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

^

To my knowledge some change has been made, at least as to when the event announcement shows up. And this applies to all events.

I can see how for Mega-Events this can spoil the narrative, so would a more neutral summary in the event announcement help? That is something I could discuss with our writer :)
  • Options
    The mega week 3 splash screen was popping up while logging in during the week 2 event, for example. That's mostly an issue during serialized/mega events, though I'd hate to see those summaries watered down - them being available to read outside the time pressure of, say, a faction kickstart means some players are more inclined to read them.

Not sure what a good solution would be if that's intended timing on those pop-ups. I always thought switching to the next week's screen after the current event had concluded makes the most sense.