Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Skirmish Event - Chaos and Confusion - 2022-02-17 - Mega-Event part 3

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool cards this mega, just wish they weren’t all some combo of cmd-dip-sec. Had so many of those lately. Booker has great stats but I have better with that combo.

Agreed. Booker and Laris have great raw stats, but CMD/DIP/SEC crew are hard to be useful when we have so many CMD/DIP/SEC crew already. Angel Burnham ends up being a better card even with weaker stats, just because SEC/ENG/SCI is not CMD/DIP/SEC
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this is Booker from season 3, I don’t like what they did with his character in season 4.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Nice to see we'll have a 5* freighter ship now.
    That is good news! One less sub-optimal voyage. Now, can we do something about getting Maquis in the 5* pipeline? (Malon too, but Maquis has been a problem since voyages began, so let's start there.)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is good news! One less sub-optimal voyage. Now, can we do something about getting Maquis in the 5* pipeline? (Malon too, but Maquis has been a problem since voyages began, so let's start there.)

Don't forget Hirogen. And Tholian!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did forget about those! Gah! And now you reminded me. Argh! :)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 4* ship traits should not be mandatory for a voyage. However, you can reset the voyage trait (usually) by immediately recalling a voyage once or twice, and just prey (or hunt lol) for a better trait than Hirogen next time.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

Yeah...a medical freighter with Boarding capability?!?!?!?!?
    What are they, assault medics? Let me guess, armed with Type 3 phased hyposprays and quantum vitamin grenades?

Does ANYONE at WRG have a clue?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was essentially a hospital ship. A lot of modern hospital ships have the ability to mass evacuate in both directions. They're designed to send medical personnel out to load battlefield or disaster casualties in large numbers, stabilize, care for, transfer, and, then, offload them quickly to other facilities.
    Look at the Lun-class ekranoplan. It was designed to be capable of troop transport or casualty evacuation while under fire. I'm behind in Disco. Was the Hiawatha a pure medical ship, ie unarmed and not carrying personnel beyond those needed for security, like guarding wounded prisoners, or an armed ambulance, capable of driving the enemy back long enough to retrieve casualties? Usually, hospital ships are marked, as such.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    It was essentially a hospital ship. A lot of modern hospital ships have the ability to mass evacuate in both directions. They're designed to send medical personnel out to load battlefield or disaster casualties in large numbers, stabilize, care for, transfer, and, then, offload them quickly to other facilities.
    Look at the Lun-class ekranoplan. It was designed to be capable of troop transport or casualty evacuation while under fire. I'm behind in Disco. Was the Hiawatha a pure medical ship, ie unarmed and not carrying personnel beyond those needed for security, like guarding wounded prisoners, or an armed ambulance, capable of driving the enemy back long enough to retrieve casualties? Usually, hospital ships are marked, as such.

Nothing in this, or in the Memory Alpha entry for the ship, indicates it was in any way equipped to conduct boarding actions. To do so would have required a contingent of assault troops be carried onboard, something no hospital ship (denoted by the very large red emblem emblazoned on its hull) would be allowed to do. Whether it had the physical capability (extensive transporter and shuttle equipment) is immaterial; without trained troops, no boarding action would be contemplated. Additionally, the lateral vector transporters it did have were considered obsolete by the 2240s due to their immense power consumption, making it unlikely that Starfleet would have intended there to be any kind of offensive use of them by 2256 when the ship was lost.

This ship should NOT have Boarding as a trait, period.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    No dil packs for this event? Hmm :/
    NM, just popped up.... :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    There was a weird, rolling thing with the packs and offers. When I looked the first time, just Laris was available. A bit later, Zhaban had joined her. I restarted and Archer was there. Packs were a bit after that.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to Sanctuary Booker are a mistake, right?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this will hopefully be rectified with next week's server update.
  • Options

What kind of changes? Just looked and couldn t see any stats change?
    Or were some traits removed?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of changes? Just looked and couldn t see any stats change?
    Or were some traits removed?

Sanctuary Booker's "empath" trait and flavor text have gone missing.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Yes, this will hopefully be rectified with next week's server update.

Cheers. Maybe his kitty Grudge is hiding them on us.
  • Options
    It does not look like Zhaban is giving an evasion boost in the event. Not sure if it is actual or only visual.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not look like Zhaban is giving an evasion boost in the event. Not sure if it is actual or only visual.

Are you using a slot that matches a Skill?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I had Amanda in my Med (last) slot on my Bounty and I don't think she ever activated on autoplay at all. The games has been ornery lately.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alt used Amanda too but the fight was over before she activated
  • Options
    Oh, no. She lit up and I triggered her manually a handful of times, but never seemed to go on her own. I've seen it happen several times with different crew in Skirmish and Arena both.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, no. She lit up and I triggered her manually a handful of times, but never seemed to go on her own. I've seen it happen several times with different crew in Skirmish and Arena both.

Possibly "overlap"? I believe if two Crew give the same type of boost, it is prioritized left to right or something.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly "overlap"? I believe if two Crew give the same type of boost, it is prioritized left to right or something.

Yep. This is probably it. The AI attempts to be smart enough and won't waste a crew if there is active boost that would override the new crew anyway. Can you post y our full crew list and the other they're listed? I wonder if we can see the issue.
  • Options
    I had Garth, Culber, Killy, and Amanda in that order. I didn't skill match Amanda to my Bounty. I know about it not doing two alike, but I saw the matching ship skill end with Amanda ready and the ship skill cooled down and was triggered again without her triggering. I had the auto on, but the speed multiplier must not have registered that round. I had my hands busy and the Kindle on a stand, so I'd get it started and let it go. I looked up, expecting it to be over and needing me again, and saw it happen. Was not happy at all. Might not have noticed with the zoomy on, but with it off...