Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event Powderkeg - 2022-02-24 - ME#4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19017/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-powderkeg-2022-02-24-me-4/

The event and event packs will go live a little later than usual.
We had to cajole the servers this morning.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Killy as the reward gold, this is our repeat.
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/The_Butchers_of_Beta_Penthe
    Will the bonus pool be so large this time? There's several new Kes's and Tilly's since then.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Will the bonus pool be so large this time? There's several new Kes's and Tilly's since then.

More worried about the several new added crew with Klingon trait.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two new Keses and five Tilly's, that's hardly enough to make any kind of difference.

As Squirrel said there's a lot more Klingons these days, and also a lot more Terrans. Those seem more relevant. But as the whole point of flashback events is that nothing changes, I'm not anticipating any changes to character selection this time either.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Another rank 2-skiller event crew, 3 out of 4. Annoyingly I also have all 4 existing purple crew 4/4, so aside from Angel G Burnham, not really felt the need to compete much this month.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Another rank 2-skiller event crew, 3 out of 4. Annoyingly I also have all 4 existing purple crew 4/4, so aside from Angel G Burnham, not really felt the need to compete much this month.

I'm not sure which crew you're talking about. Raffi is a threshold reward not rank. If she's who you mean, who really cares about her skills? She's a 4* crew we get 4/4 for free. I'm happy to get her FF, freeze her, and add her to my caregiver collection.

If you're referring to Killy, she's 3 skills and her real value is her burst damage for ship battles, not her use on shuttles/voyages.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Arnie wrote: »

I'm not sure which crew you're talking about. Raffi is a threshold reward not rank. If she's who you mean, who really cares about her skills? She's a 4* crew we get 4/4 for free. I'm happy to get her FF, freeze her, and add her to my caregiver collection.

If you're referring to Killy, she's 3 skills and her real value is her burst damage for ship battles, not her use on shuttles/voyages.

I mean rank as in awful. Not ranked rewards. Sure, they have collection value, but they're most important for new players. The pool of crew is ever expanding, so a reliable source of 3/4 and 4/4 for improving a young roster is key. The recent crew is not doing that.
  • Options
    RC Doggie [TRCM]RC Doggie [TRCM] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19017/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-powderkeg-2022-02-24-me-4/

"I feel your pain." My equipment at my office is notoriously undependable, so I know all too well the inconvenience of having deadlines to meet despite technical difficulties.

It is therefore w/some regret that I must report a typo. The event description says that crew w/a current trait get a small bonus during the current battle. This is a hybrid faction/galaxy event, & therefore have no battles. No doubt the template for the post was copied from the previous skirmish, & the line was missed during editing.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

"I feel your pain." My equipment at my office is notoriously undependable, so I know all too well the inconvenience of having deadlines to meet despite technical difficulties.

It is therefore w/some regret that I must report a typo. The event description says that crew w/a current trait get a small bonus during the current battle. This is a hybrid faction/galaxy event, & therefore have no battles. No doubt the template for the post was copied from the previous skirmish, & the line was missed during editing.

You beat me to it, I just noticed that! 👍
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event notes edited, my brain also clearly needed to be cajoled /facepalm
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Event notes edited, my brain also clearly needed to be cajoled /facepalm

o46d0l96cl8q.png
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is "Sea Locust", right? I haven't seen the episode, but I can guess.
    l2x4qxgmpewo.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2x4qxgmpewo.png
    I raised this point in Engineering Room a couple of days ago. Hopefully it'll be corrected in the next update.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2x4qxgmpewo.png

Maybe it is a singer moonlighting as a barber......

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    FWIW, I liked that "Q-tastrophy" joke in the Supply Missions description. Just realized I didn't post that the whole weekend even though it caused me to chuckle whenever I glanced it.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073