Kal'Hyah Worf

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in The Bridge
New in the honor hall.

Com/Sec/Med, Klingon collection.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised at all...I finished Borg Queen Seven during the Skirmish. :D
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Couldn't find a single value add for this crew....

I thought of three. They are not what I would call "big", just being thorough.

1. For people trying to make progress on the 'Heh Cho'mruak tah' Collection, he is a Klingon that does not require pack roulette.
    2. He is a Worf for event purposes with strong base scores for Faction event purposes.
    3. Here is his value for me: some week after another re-run event where I have completely run out of new cards to fuse, level, and immortalize I will be buying Kal'Hyah Worf, level him up to 99, throw 4 citations at him, then immortalize him for an Objective Event.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    3. Here is his value for me: some week after another re-run event where I have completely run out of new cards to fuse, level, and immortalize I will be buying Kal'Hyah Worf, level him up to 99, throw 4 citations at him, then immortalize him for an Objective Event.
    Sadly, I think this is probably the most useful thing about him.
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    He also made Twilight Archer look not quite so bad.

EDIT: That's not really fair. Twilight Archer's not a bad card, just not a particularly great one. Kal'Hyah Worf showed us "it could be worse."
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Great art but horrible 2022 stats. Worse than last Honor Crew Seven,
    and i agree, worse and most disappointing new Honor Hall crew overall.
    Why, just why? *shaking my head* 😞

All stats are raw data without boosts.
    f2t8c7q5xeoj.jpeg

His rank(sorted by voyages total, compared to all other legendary crew variants)
    8n53tyh6nzmk.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • edited February 2022
    I am in agreement that worf's utility is severely lacking. I really don't see much of a reason to purchase him with 100,000 honor, even if there is a new honor hall collection.

and to be completely frank, if they release an honor hall collection prior to releasing a collection encompassing all purple crew, and a seperate collection encompassing all legendary crew, it would be a shame. If wrg is not going to update the immortalized achievement to keep pace with the well over 1000 crew in the game, the least they could do is give a mega collection that all the players can benefit from and enjoy, including those of us who have been here since the beginning.

On another note, I would like to request that someone from the dev team take a look at what the new crew art looks like on the players bridge. In case the dev team did not know (and im sure they don't, since I doubt any of them actually play the game) players bridges are where we brag and present our individuality. Having the new gabrielle burnham next to the red angel should look awesome, instead it looks like gabrielle is a mini-me. its absurd. And there are plenty of other examples of this.

• MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There are now 8 crew in the honor hall. Anyone think WRG is about to add an honor hall collection with a great reward and force people to buy Worf just to complete the collection?

It would have to be the greatest reward ever offered to make it worth it, IMO.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    There are now 8 crew in the honor hall. Anyone think WRG is about to add an honor hall collection with a great reward and force people to buy Worf just to complete the collection?

It would have to be the greatest reward ever offered to make it worth it, IMO.

Yeah. Like a collection where for each honor hall crew you immortalize, you get 2 legendary cites, 100,000 honor, and stat bonuses, and hell, how about 5 10x portal packs.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros: nice art; increases the potential for a Kal'Hyah collection or perhaps a larger "wedding ceremonies" collection (Jadzia, Keiko, Troi, T'Pol, the Amok Time crew, etc.); he's the second-best Worf CMD base by a country mile ahead of the third-best.

Cons: 100K (plus cites) for the second-best CMD Worf? Plus, see other posts above.

Definitely underwhelming. Would be a fine 2020-21 era rank-reward in an event. Honor hall - oof.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Here is his value for me: some week after another re-run event where I have completely run out of new cards to fuse, level, and immortalize I will be buying Kal'Hyah Worf, level him up to 99, throw 4 citations at him, then immortalize him for an Objective Event.

How to turn 300,000 honor into 600 chronitons in three easy steps. Economists hate him!

I'm not sure I can ever adequately explain how it feels, but to those few of us who understand, this is the ONLY Objective Event reward that matters.

1wuugtf0qi8z.jpg
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here is his value for me: some week after another re-run event where I have completely run out of new cards to fuse, level, and immortalize I will be buying Kal'Hyah Worf, level him up to 99, throw 4 citations at him, then immortalize him for an Objective Event.

How to turn 300,000 honor into 600 chronitons in three easy steps. Economists hate him!

I'm not sure I can ever adequately explain how it feels, but to those few of us who understand, this is the ONLY Objective Event reward that matters.

I'm on board with the theory that we'll be getting an honor hall collection. The shift to more frequent honor sales and honor hall crew just screams of trying to sell more offers, especially the straight honor offers during sales. If they can drain 600,000 honor + cites from collectors and try to get them to buy those honor offers, that's exactly what they'll do.

Unfortunately I think that this is spot on. Since WRG took over the game, most of what we have seen is chalked up to be tweaks to the economy. Essentially, ways to "trick" the player into spending more resources and therefore needing to spend more real world currency to keep up.

WRG keeps trying to be clever, and invent useless things that no one needs that drain players resources. Its a strange phenomenon. I think that if they simply looked at what the players are actually asking for they would be more successful at increasing profits.

For example, instead of a useless honor hall crew, they could have made worf unique and OP in some way, creating a real demand for him. With the "honor hall collection", like it was mentioned above, if it does not offer supremely exquisite rewards for immortalizing honor hall crew, its a wasted effort. Folks who are capable of saving 100k honor to spend on crew that are underwhelming and available cheaper in other parts of the game, probably will not be tempted by the honor hall collection. Folks who are new to the game will acquire more gold crew than they can immortalize before ever being able to purchase from the honor hall.

Having underpowered crew in the honor hall is just a really odd phenomenon. In my opinion, it just screams that WRG does not play the game, nor do they truly understand why people DO play the game or what the motivations for crew acquisition are. Like I said above, I think they are more interested in trying to be clever and forcing people to play the game in a way that WRG believes it should be played. In my opinion, the more profitable and lucrative model would be to simply look at what players want, and offer it to them, instead of trying to be clever. Because they are not very clever at all, as it turns out.

On a side note, heres a free idea, WRG, go ahead and create some new distress call missions and new episodes for the galaxy map. make the missions such that they are very challenging, but offer rewards that are either currently hard to acquire or maybe not even available through other farming methods. Create a steady stream of these.

AND CHARGE US TO UNLOCK THE EPISODE/DISTRESS CALL. many of us would gladly pay to expand the field and efficiency of farming items.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory to the Empire!
    Klingon, inspiring, resourceful, caregiver, Original, investigator, crafty, hero, and tactician
    Great Security bases and fantastic proficiencies. Sec/Eng/Com
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Dangevin [CAB]Dangevin [CAB] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Attention TPWRG: i will buy that Worf if, and when, the Honor Hall collection rewards us with an awesome, powerful, befitting his character version of this guy:

who's with me?

Agreed, I'd like to see an updated artist's impression of Mogh. Decipher did the best they could with 90's photoshop but there's certainly more room for interpretation in high-res.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not be buying this Worf. He is really bad. Fix the stats and add traits.
    Let’s fly!
  • All honor crew are worse then the original Kahless ... Guess if you are a fan but they will be nowhere as good as Kahless.
    Crusher is of limited use in the gauntlet , circumstancial at best , beaten by both older Phloxes.
    Phlox and Seven are both useless for gauntlet, only being usefully once FF for voyages ...
    That's a 350.000 honor investment each to see any use ...
    Worf is meh in all of the above cases ...
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    All honor crew are worse then the original Kahless ... Guess if you are a fan but they will be nowhere as good as Kahless.
    Crusher is of limited use in the gauntlet , circumstancial at best , beaten by both older Phloxes.
    Phlox and Seven are both useless for gauntlet, only being usefully once FF for voyages ...
    That's a 350.000 honor investment each to see any use ...
    Worf is meh in all of the above cases ...

Funny, i havn t bought Kahless and never missed em at all. Even when there was a „Kahless 65%“ gauntlet i had no issues. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

• Funny, i havn t bought Kahless and never missed em at all. Even when there was a „Kahless 65%“ gauntlet i had no issues. 🤗

He's not a frequent player for me now, but back when I got him with my first 100k honor, he was a tremendous springboard. He allowed me to more consistently hit 3-win combos for a chance at exclusives, and in general increased my credit/merit income.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Added traits: brutal, desperate, romantic, musician.

CMD 1237 (202-470) -> 1247 (205-480)
    SEC 1018 (89-182) -> 1026 (106-219)
    MED 541 (51-126) -> 544 (103-216)

Gained about 170 voyage ranks (#66 unboosted) and ~10 ranks on his CMD base (#36).

Not sure what process allowed WRG to throw a half-baked crew into the prestigious section of the game, but good on them for listening to player feedback and quickly improving him.

Perhaps you could ask @WRG Ben about that process. I doubt we will ever hear another word from the "product owner" @Admiral Prince ...
    but I sincerely hope not.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust