Home Engineering Room
Options

Trouble at Earth Space Dock

Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Engineering Room
It seems as if either V’Ger or ENCOM’s MCP has decided to digitize Earth Space Dock since the forced update on both of my iOS devices, even after a full reboot of both.

Either that or it is about to reveal that it was a Space Jellyfish the whole time…

Has anyone else noticed this?

kgiaphks00sr.png
q0fabz962bp7.png

Comments

• Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    There seems to be many new/recurrent/continuing glitches after the upgrade. Everyday im struggling with pop up overlays, malfunctioning claim buttons, blank chat screens, swirly wheel of nowhere but locked up and crashed . Reboot. Reboot. And here are just a few visual errors.
    byqxnixqmy26.jpeg
    ylym8dr4q97e.jpeg
    h09vowr7ucbw.jpeg

• Options
    DAE wrote: »
    There seems to be many new/recurrent/continuing glitches after the upgrade. Everyday im struggling with pop up overlays, malfunctioning claim buttons, blank chat screens, swirly wheel of nowhere but locked up and crashed . Reboot. Reboot. And here are just a few visual errors.
    byqxnixqmy26.jpeg
    ylym8dr4q97e.jpeg
    h09vowr7ucbw.jpeg

At least I know it is not just me! 😝

FWIW, I did go ahead and do a delete and reinstall and it is still giving me the exact same glitch on both devices.

Which is 🤬 because they finally gave me an Excelsior to park in orbit as my Home Screen and now Space Dock looks terrible. 🤦
  • Options
    Yeah, something in the lighting model got messed up

d5639zajl8du.png
  • Options
    Seems to be in quite a few places. Val Jean in the arena is bright yellow.
  • Options
    hermdelica wrote: »
    Yeah, something in the lighting model got messed up

d5639zajl8du.png

It’s painful to look at! 🕶
  • Options
    chris_r wrote: »

That sounds tacky!
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭

Lol. I noticed my Krayton seemingly quite orangish yellow in arena.

And also @Commodore Pack its not just you. Haha🤔. These visual errors have been intermittent and longstanding. Just horrid worse since update. Every upgrade/update brings worsening and new errors. I have sent tickets with all of this stuff for well over a year to which the same basic reply is keep an eye out for info on error corrections within weekly updates. But none of the glitch errors ever get fixed. Just worse.
    I love this one.
    ut46ybyyswom.jpeg
    mrfqr3bzudf7.png
  • Options

Lol. I noticed my Krayton seemingly quite orangish yellow in arena.

And also @Commodore Pack its not just you. Haha🤔. These visual errors have been intermittent and longstanding. Just horrid worse since update. Every upgrade/update brings worsening and new errors. I have sent tickets with all of this stuff for well over a year to which the same basic reply is keep an eye out for info on error corrections within weekly updates. But none of the glitch errors ever get fixed. Just worse.
    I love this one.
    ut46ybyyswom.jpeg
    mrfqr3bzudf7.png

Wow, that is like beer goggles and acid flashbacks having some kind of horrid love child. 😬😳
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I am so used to this. All of this. Happens all the time. Reboot, restart, send video and screenshots for tech dept for 2 years now. It just gets worse while they continue to copy/paste duplicate codes. I have also many times cleared the app and started fresh. It makes no change.

sme74wk6tgty.jpeg
    kgk1c9puuwho.jpeg
    rwthg4iwwlsa.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so used to this. All of this. Happens all the time. Reboot, restart, send video and screenshots for tech dept for 2 years now. It just gets worse while they continue to copy/paste duplicate codes. I have also many times cleared the app and started fresh. It makes no change.

sme74wk6tgty.jpeg
    kgk1c9puuwho.jpeg
    rwthg4iwwlsa.png

While there are indeed, for some players, some graphical glitches with the new update - what you are experiencing is not widespread.

Without knowing more about your device etc, it is hard to pin point what could be the cause.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply @Shan 😀.
    I dont know what “widespread” means to you in terms of active players vs the entire game. But to me, in my terms it is widespread because ive played this game for 6 years and everyone i know in the game has glitches as shown on a regular basis for years that get worse.
    Since you are also the CS manager (last I heard) i will go a bit in detail.
    Ive sent tickets with all of the requested info for 2 years. And had my in game contacts, friends, fleetmates do the same. Every ticket results in the same basic, will forward to tech dept.
    At one point the reply from CS was to the affect “some fleets” IE “star-bases” are individually glitched and the only option would be to start over. Or join a different fleet.
    Well…. I have 4 fleets, and multiple accounts and multiple devices. The same happens no matter where, when, which i am using.
    All of my fleetmates have malfunctions.
    Ios
    Kindle
    Pc of variations
    All platforms and many varying devices are used amongst 4 fleets of players.
    Everybody reports the same issues. As well as other game contacts and friends in other fleets. ?????
    Also many threads over the years referencing these same glitches. I see plenty of posts in these forums from players saying they wont spend another dime, and/or are quitting the game due to these errors never being addressed. Currently in the bridge “thoughts from a 6 year player” So respectfully, how do we not have a widespread programming coding error? 🖖🏻
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I use Tablet, phone and PC and never had that kind of glitches.
    The only one I counter sometimes is overlap when I'm too fast. But I know how it happens so I can easily avoid it.

Can it be low or slow connection problems?