Home Make It So!
Options

Objective events without room for error

The current upcoming "Midweek Event Unleashed" once again sets up a situation where players can't miss to make the arena objective.

Similar to how there in the past have arena play requirements that were at or past what people would have. Having to get 20 arena wins requires getting matched up with options for 20 opponents that players can win against.

The other issue is this is a much higher bar than the "successful shuttle missions" and "win gauntlet matches" both of which there should be plenty of time for people to get, especially if this is towards seasoned players that have at least 3...or probably 4 shuttles, the shuttle requirement will be done in a day and the gauntlet will take just a bit longer, but still should be fairly easily achieved...the arena requirement is much riskier...

Comments

• Options
    To me this seems quite simple: regardless of your scale, chances of winning 20 out of 20 arenas are quite slim at best (start tanking your Arena score now), and winning 50 times in the gauntlet (over at best 10 rounds of 5 crew) are also quite minimal unless you spend a lot of dilithium to revive and/or strengthen crew. And with no five stars in sight anywhere in the rewards, I will surely not be spending any dilithium on this....
    So basically I would predict a very low successful participation field beyond the 20 shuttle wins, which are in comparison ridiculously simple.
    I would estimate 10 arena wins and 20 gauntlet wins over the given two-day period 'feasible', and even that could actually be considered quite a feat knowing the 'quirkiness' of the gauntlet battles. Lower-end players simply do not stand a chance on the gauntlet, but actually have the same odds as high-end players on both the shuttles and the arena.
  • Options
    This event screams open your wallet and buy dilithum. I won't be participating. This cash grab is getting out of hand. First a horrible offer in the quantum pass now a more expensive campaign track and finally an event that pretty much will require you to spend dilithum. This is just my opinion but not really fond of this new direction. This event should be 5 days not 2 that way it has az better way to do it without spending money if you can't afford it.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference in paying 450 or even 600 dil for a pack?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Many people don't have that kind of dilithium. I also point out that many of us never spend for those worthless packs. I haven't bought a pack in years. If I did buy packs, I wouldn't care so much. But I believe everything should be *possible* without paying. Sure, make it easier or faster if you pay. I have no problem with that. But make it possible.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken down my crew in admiral division. If enough people do this, then getting wins will be easier. I will keep my crew down, except for my 10 rounds each day.

Please pass it on.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is how we beat the system.
    I've taken down my crew in admiral division. If enough people do this, then getting wins will be easier. I will keep my crew down, except for my 10 rounds each day.

Please pass it on.

Might still need to buy a set of tickets, but it won't be several sets.
  • Options
    I think this is how we beat the system.

Please pass it on.

Might still need to buy a set of tickets, but it won't be several sets.

I rarely lose as it is. I'm not really worried about it for myself. Taking down my crew is more of a public service that might potentially benefit me from letting my ranking slide.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Many people don't have that kind of dilithium. I also point out that many of us never spend for those worthless packs. I haven't bought a pack in years. If I did buy packs, I wouldn't care so much. But I believe everything should be *possible* without paying. Sure, make it easier or faster if you pay. I have no problem with that. But make it possible.

I'm not so sure that you are right. With the monthly dil, which is not that expensive, you can get 3k dil each month. The amount of honor people have, you can only get that with packs.
    I put a little money in the game and I still can't keep up.
  • Options
    TaayaTaaya ✭✭

I'm not so sure that you are right. With the monthly dil, which is not that expensive, you can get 3k dil each month. The amount of honor people have, you can only get that with packs.

It's still at the price of two ebooks - which is a hell lot for many people. Most people I know aren't even capable of affording that much on a monthly basis, because ... well, capitalism hasn't yet understood that it will go down if nobody gets paid enough to afford anything. :D

And I mean, sure, you at least get 50/75 per weekly event (at least I do O.o ) and some for the campaign. But those is needed to afford the many crew slots one has to buy. (And yes, there's the freeze option, but there are so many attributes one has to have on hand for events and ship journeys.)
  • Options
    Taaya wrote: »

It's still at the price of two ebooks - which is a hell lot for many people. Most people I know aren't even capable of affording that much on a monthly basis, because ... well, capitalism hasn't yet understood that it will go down if nobody gets paid enough to afford anything. :D

And I mean, sure, you at least get 50/75 per weekly event (at least I do O.o ) and some for the campaign. But those is needed to afford the many crew slots one has to buy. (And yes, there's the freeze option, but there are so many attributes one has to have on hand for events and ship journeys.)

Not sure who is even doing capitalism these days. 🤷‍♂️

But here's an economic principle for you: Opportunity Cost. It's a pretty central feature in this game. Basically, opportunity cost means you can only spend currency once. If you CHOOSE to spend it on slots, then the dilithium is gone and you have crew slots. If you choose to save the dilithium and airlock crew instead, then you gain that honor and can spend that dilithium on something else. The whole game is an exercise in resource management and choosing how to use resources. This objective event is certainly no exception. Either the rewards are worth it to you or they're not. :)
    Farewell 🖖