Home The Bridge

Game Over

So it appears that a tedious game has gone from bad to worse.
(rant on ((sorry)))

I have played this game, since nearly the start.

Yes since the start when the company lied about VIP rewards and scammed a lot of people, including myself, to a big investment up front, for goods, later changed in wording, to never receive.

I still purchased the monthly rewards, mostly because I used google surveys and the money did not come out of my pocket. But then back in 2020 they started charging taxes - taxes - btw, that the state I live in are exempt. I did actually finally get a response from that 2020 ticket, this past February... that is 2022. They said google charges it, guess what - I asked google FIRST and they said no, it came from the company.

So all this was bad enough - having the addition of the 'mini events' before the events was like - really more grinding boring stuff, but mostly boring stuff I already did... except the gauntlet - I hate the gauntlet... yet now I had to play - only saving grace is I could loose the way to zero and get pass it.

Now - now what are you guys doing? You have to WIN 20 battles in the admiral division - you have to WIN 50 gauntlets and all this in just a few days, so you have 10 battles day - free - and if you loose even 1 oh well - screw you.

So you are asking us to do these tedious repetitive tasks and now not even get rewarded for it? Really?!?!?

How about instead of making things harder and LESS enjoyable to play - try to think outside the box and - oh idk - find something FUN

You are catering to only those who can pay - and I get it, you MUST make money to keep going. I don't fault that. But maybe think of ways of giving people value for their money, try to think of ways to make it enjoyable to play and then try to figure out how to make money without bein fraudulent in your taxes by collecting money you don't deserve and are not required to collect.

After this last update where now everything has to be won to collect the prizes - I just don't know if I can even continue.

I have been trying, because I like my squad and we are desperate for active players, but you guys have sucked any fun out of it, by adding stupid requirements making it impossible for casual players to enjoy.

Had you not stolen my money with charging extra taxes, you would have been getting paid every month for the past 2 years, instead you have driven a wedge between me and this company....

Sorry again for the rant.

(tax information - https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/michigan/sales-tax-taxability/software-and-digital-products
Digital Products EXEMPT Sales of digital products are exempt from the sales tax in Michigan.)
I have also read that same information in a number of places including the Michigan website.

Comments

• So when I got in touch with google - first - and asked why was I being charged taxes - they told me that they did not charge the taxes - it was sent that way from you guys.

So this was a lie? You did not send the taxes to google for payment they added them?

Because the Michigan Tax Law clearly states that digital items are exempt. What is taxable is buying software or buying books, or buying movies that are digital in nature - but not something that is in the game that has no other tangible value other then in that specific game.
  • edited March 2022
    ArchieS wrote: »
    So when I got in touch with google - first - and asked why was I being charged taxes - they told me that they did not charge the taxes - it was sent that way from you guys.

So this was a lie? You did not send the taxes to google for payment they added them?

Because the Michigan Tax Law clearly states that digital items are exempt. What is taxable is buying software or buying books, or buying movies that are digital in nature - but not something that is in the game that has no other tangible value other then in that specific game.

If it’s worth it to you by a $1 item in the play store from another game and see if you get charged tax. If you do not, then you know it’s WRG and not Google that’s the problem. Then contact your attorney general’s office. That’s your only recourse.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when I got in touch with google - first - and asked why was I being charged taxes - they told me that they did not charge the taxes - it was sent that way from you guys.

I would not call it a lie, that not an intent we should assume on Google Support's part.
    It is more likely a lack of training/information.

WRG/TiltingPoint does not set the tax rate for STT in the app store.

If you decide you want to contact Google Support again see if you can request an escalation.
    I do not know if they have a process for it.

While there is nothing else we can do on our end, should you submit a new ticket to Google Play Support and are again redirected to us, please give us the information about your Google support request so we may give it as an example to our Google representative.
  • I don't want to get too involved with this since I am not an expert but it seems like the 'truth' is somewhere between the two positions.

What I believe happens is that the developer needs to let Google know what kind of 'product' is being sold. Based on that, it is determined whether or not a sales tax is applicable. So it is the 'product code' or whatever it is that is 'sent that way' to Google. In other words, Google charges the tax but is not the one to determine whether or not the item is taxable.

There is often a fair amount of legal jargon and semantics in determining what the product actually is for tax purposes.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Shan wrote: »

I would not call it a lie, that not an intent we should assume on Google Support's part.
    It is more likely a lack of training/information.

WRG/TiltingPoint does not set the tax rate for STT in the app store.

If you decide you want to contact Google Support again see if you can request an escalation.
    I do not know if they have a process for it.

While there is nothing else we can do on our end, should you submit a new ticket to Google Play Support and are again redirected to us, please give us the information about your Google support request so we may give it as an example to our Google representative.

Thank you for getting back to me on this. [ROT]Ran Airen has a good idea. Do you have the 'product code' that STT sends to google, so when I escalate the ticket to them I will have it handy?

Thanks!