Home The Bridge
Options

“Win 50 Gauntlet Battles”… in two days???

2»

Comments

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I consider myself at least a mid-game player. I finished the last event ranked around 250, have been ranked #1 in admiral division a few times and have won a dozen gauntlets.

I fell well short of the arena task, and may not make the gauntlet one thanks to a combination of bad RNG and real-life commitments (someone above suggests five rounds a day should be expected, but I'm afraid we can't all whip out our phone and play a game at work at set times, noting that this is a mid-week event).

However, I don't feel that I'm missing out - certainly not enough to spend up to complete it. At least half the premium packs I get these days have a single behold of all fully-fused options, and 4* cites only exacerbate that. I'd think they were even less valuable to those who are advanced enough to complete all the goals.

In that sense, I'm not sure that this event serves much purpose - it riles up some of those who can't do it (not entirely reasonably, but that's how these things go) and doesn't offer a great deal to those who can.
  • Options
    Spocky BalboaSpocky Balboa ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Done. Dead easy. Didn't even tank my Gauntlet, just played as usual. Was more worried about the RNG on ship battles to be honest, but free refreshes and people tanking their own Arena position made it possible to find level 1 ships with no crew eventually.
    nvbiz2s4zo90.png
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    When I saw this event and the announcement of the new campaign track, I felt like WRG was trying to just press more money out of me and my Monthly Card was up for renewal so I decided to not renew it. I'll decide if I will still buy a campaign when the storms have cleared out somewhat from all this.
    Also, I didn't even try to make that event as I knew I wouldn't have a chance at all as a daily but casual player to even get close to finishing it.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    ZenBotZenBot ✭✭✭
    < Done. Dead easy. >
    LOL
  • Options
    KaiRo wrote: »
    When I saw this event and the announcement of the new campaign track, I felt like WRG was trying to just press more money out of me and my Monthly Card was up for renewal so I decided to not renew it. I'll decide if I will still buy a campaign when the storms have cleared out somewhat from all this.
    Also, I didn't even try to make that event as I knew I wouldn't have a chance at all as a daily but casual player to even get close to finishing it.

I needed to use 150 dilithium (a day and a half of the daily card) for some more arena tickets. other than that, I spent maybe 400 merits on re-rolls but mostly I just left it the 4 hours to refresh. Overall 150 dilithium to finish off a purple crew that's not in the pool yet didn't seem too bad. Although I would have preferred if the Arena part was only do 20 battles rather than win 20. I got 15 wins on my free tickets.

I think I'm a Mid game player, still using a lot of purple crew and coming up to 2 years in the game.