Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion thread: Skirmish/Faction Event: Symbiosis - 2022-03-24

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in The Bridge
Next week event is not announced yet, there will be a delay due to last minute difficulties.
Thank you for your patience!

Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19111/hybrid-skirmish-faction-event-notes-symbiosis-2022-03-24/

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a campaign announcement to hold us over? ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Next week event is not announced yet, there will be a delay due to last minute difficulties.
    Thank you for your patience!

Are these last minute difficulties related to why I'm currently being locked out of the game?
    ppa4diqm979r.jpg
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance the event is actually called... "It is Coming!"?
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    another week another game frozen issue!

here is an idea - instead of releasing endless crew - how about Fixing a few things over the next 2 or 3 sprints.....i'm sure we as a community will appreciate stability over a few new crew

edit: its seems to back after about 7-10 minutes of a nap... sheesh
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    another week another game frozen issue!

here is an idea - instead of releasing endless crew - how about Fixing a few things over the next 2 or 3 sprints.....i'm sure we as a community will appreciate stability over a few new crew

edit: its seems to back after about 7-10 minutes of a nap... sheesh

I would certainly appreciate the stability. Seems I'm asking my fleetmates on Discord every other week if they are locked out as well. It's getting REALLY frustrating 😤

@Riker's islan{DD} was there something you did to fix your issue? I'm still locked out, and can't even file a ticket for the issue.

Tagging @Shan as well, in the hopes she might have an explanation/fix.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @IceCat - I closed game completely, swicthed off mobile data and wifi on phone, then enabled both, and the logged in again - it took over a minute to get to the "play" button but then worked fine

edit: correction - most things are working fine....voyage screen and gauntlets are sturggling to load up
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week event is not called : It's coming ;)
    The current difficulties are indeed affecting some players and preventing them to log in.
    It is being worked on.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Next week event is not called : It's coming ;)
    The current difficulties are indeed affecting some players and preventing them to log in.
    It is being worked on.

Thank you for the update. Oddly enough, I got the notification for my voyage dilemma, but still can't get in, even using the notification. 🤔
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was finally able to get back in now. Lost about two and a half hours, which is really frustrating with what I was trying to get done today with the event and the supply kit I had active.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember asking for an event where Trill get a bonus. You guys sure put that together fast. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I think we could be getting a new collection or two...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d wager it’s One Incredible Tale as the repeat to lead into the April Mega. What do others think?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in-game text for this event says it is a skirmish/faction hybrid, as opposed to a skirmish/galaxy hybrid.

What type of hybrid is it actually?
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    I’d wager it’s One Incredible Tale as the repeat to lead into the April Mega. What do others think?

Makes sense with Julius Eaton as the lead-in reward. Maybe a "Far Beyond the Stars" collection is coming at some point, with ten more potential crew from that episode.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new 2*. I always like that.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The in-game text for this event says it is a skirmish/faction hybrid, as opposed to a skirmish/galaxy hybrid.

The announcement here says skirmish/faction and the in game details say skirmish/faction. So I assume it's skirmish/faction.

It's a less common hybrid, but we've seen it before, so given that everything says skirmish/faction, that's what I assume it is.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »

The announcement here says skirmish/faction and the in game details say skirmish/faction. So I assume it's skirmish/faction.

It's a less common hybrid, but we've seen it before, so given that everything says skirmish/faction, that's what I assume it is.

I was referencing the title of this thread, which is "skirmish/galaxy". I hadn't checked the announcement on the forum, since I had already read the in-game event info.
  • Options
    FF_Founder wrote: »

Makes sense with Julius Eaton as the lead-in reward. Maybe a "Far Beyond the Stars" collection is coming at some point, with ten more potential crew from that episode.

Man. Give me Officers Mulkahey and Ryan please.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title rectified for this thread.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »

Man. Give me Officers Mulkahey and Ryan please.

Yeah, the one thing against a Far Beyond the Stars collection coming soon is that there are still a lot of characters that can be added:

Worf - Willie Hawkins
    Yates - Cassie
    Jadzia - Darlene Kursky
    O'Brien - Albert Macklin
    Martok - Roy Ritterhouse
    Joseph Sisko - street preacher
    Jake Sisko - Jimmy
    Nog - newsstand vendor

Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just popping in to report that the D'Kora Krayton is no longer the best Skirmish ship.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Just popping in to report that the D'Kora Krayton is no longer the best Skirmish ship.

Mine still works like a charm. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious as to the better choices. For me, I use Locutus to boost power and then I can put Commandant, Killy, and Garth in multiple places. Leave one of the hammers out for a bonus crew. Never have any issues.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a hint: Sometimes you have to slow down in order to speed up. ;)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dangit! I forgot it was a Hybrid!

I had about 50K Intel for the second half......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dangit! I forgot it was a Hybrid!

I had about 50K Intel for the second half......

I remembered and had the Intel fairly well timed.

...But I forgot to have my voyage recalled and shuttle bays ready. I had to wait to start the second half.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct. The Krayton in a vacuum is the fastest and the best, but in practice it can be too fast against one specific ship, which over the course of hundreds of rounds actually makes it slower. I switched away from the Krayton and my VP per hour improved to the point where I was chasing down people who were actively playing :)
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    Didn't forget it was 1/2 skirmish but wanted some holoemitters ... 300K intel bye-bye!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct. The Krayton in a vacuum is the fastest and the best, but in practice it can be too fast against one specific ship, which over the course of hundreds of rounds actually makes it slower. I switched away from the Krayton and my VP per hour improved to the point where I was chasing down people who were actively playing :)

How many seconds do u need for 1 full skirmish round?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•