Home Make It So!
Options

Mean items to farm - please make more attainable

Most items in the game are pretty well farmable. There are a few mean ones that are elusive as hell (i.e. you might need them rarely, but they are difficult to farm and you don't stumble upon them by accident). Some items come from expensive missions, but I find they are at least somehow obtainable via ads.

Items that should be easier to obtain are:

Quantum Oscillator
Laser Scalpel
Subcutaneous Transponder
Micro-Resonator
Starfleet Test Cylinder
Writing PADD (DS9)
Compression Rifle
Gravitic Caliper
Encoded Communique
Science Experiment

Science Experiment is an item you need for virtually every SCI crew in masses and for some MED crew too. The numbers you need are ridiculous...the cadet missions where you can "farm" them are just a drop in the bucket. At the very least add the item to Augment faction as drop/faction store item.

For some other items it would make sense to put them as a drop/faction store in the specific faction at least:

Romulan Encryption Algorithm
Bajoran PADD
Bloodwine
Rules of Acquisition

The most annoying of those are Romulan Encryption Algorithm...they are unfarmable and every single Romulan (themed) crew is incredibly hard to level. On average we are talking 1000 chrons for those items alone per Romulan crew.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've posted the exact same list and faction store item suggestions some weeks ago, and I fully agree with you. I really hope this is going to happen soon. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    I've posted the exact same list and faction store item suggestions some weeks ago, and I fully agree with you. I really hope this is going to happen soon. :(

It won't, but hope springs eternal, right? :wink:

Sorry, did not see your post...did a quick search, but did not find any post.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravitic Calipers and Micro resonators at keast drop at a decent rate from some high level ship missions. Great to spend you ad warps or excess voyage chrons.

The others (that cant be farmed via cadets) are a lot tougher. Compression rifles, subcutaneous transponder, and a few others. Almost always replicate those.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why we need a Borg Collective faction that has Subcutans, Oscillators and Laser Scalpels as faction items. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    What we need is a Quark’s Black Market that specializes in “hard to obtain items”. DB could make it more expensive than a traditional faction store. Or, a hindrance on a shuttle run [like longer times or taking two shuttles]. It would be interesting to have such an establishment.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    But why not just change the drop probabilities? I don't see a reason why there are 400 items that are reasonably farmable and 10 that are a pain in the behind. Would be an easy thing to do.

Concerning the Borg Collective factions, I don't think that a new faction would be easily integrated. There would be new items and if you get an existing borg crew you would ask yourself why this borg does not need any borg items. Or you overhaul every single borg (themed) crew that already exists. I don't see such a new faction would do anything good for the game, it would just spread confusion.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It adds to the spice of the game. Some items should be a challenge, just as some are in the shows, even in the 24th century. I see it as a way to improve upon the narrative. Just mho...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...