Home The Bridge
Options

Begold Odds

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing people complain about all their bad begolds, I decided to run some numbers to show how bad the odds are.

First, the makeup of the 5* crew in the portal by BB Tier:
2: 2.3%
3: 4%
4: 5.2%
5: 8.2%
6: 17.4%
7: 17.2%
8: 17.8%
9: 18.8%
10: 9.2%

Note that currently there are no tier 1 crew in the portal.

Now what does that mean for begold odds. The odds of getting at least 1 crew of this tier or better:
2: 6.7%
3: 17.7%
4: 30.7%
5: 48.2%
6: 75%
7: 90.4%
8: 97.8%
9: 99.9%
10: 100%

In any single random begold, you are more likely to only see tier 6 or worse. And slightly less than 50% chance of seeing a tier 5. Anything better than that is even less likely. And if you consider that you likely have more tier 1-4 crew FF than lower tiers, the odds of getting a begold with a good tier crew you need are even worse.

Comments

• Options
    Behold re-rolls or more preferably something to do with all our finished and unused crew would be really welcome.
    Allowing the freezing of FE golds whether fused or not would be One Big Thing that would really improve quality of life for me. And an automatic re-roll when all immortalised crew appear in a behold, seems only fair...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Reunion Spock and Kirk aren’t technically in the portal but I imagine some people would be happy to treat FTPSpock as a Tier 1 crew.

I have one copy. Not sure if I would wait around to collect 10 copies of Spock and 24 copies of Anxious Kirk just to get all of 3 of them FFed.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Reunion Spock and Kirk aren’t technically in the portal but I imagine some people would be happy to treat FTPSpock as a Tier 1 crew.

I have one copy. Not sure if I would wait around to collect 10 copies of Spock and 24 copies of Anxious Kirk just to get all of 3 of them FFed.

For sure. And a Braxton tier 2 is basically as good if you don't have him. For that matter, I'd be happy to get the fifth star on a tier 8 if it also completed a collection level. But there are too many personal variables to determine who is a good card for that person. That's why I went with tiers. It's generic and gives everyone a rough idea regardless of any personal differences.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew retrieval will get diluted too.