Home Strange New Worlds

TMP in 4K is almost here!!

eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Strange New Worlds
In case anyone else has been waiting for this since the 40th anniversary in 2019 B)

safe_image.php?d=AQEEJZlk519NntWt&w=500&h=261&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.startrek.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2F1200x628%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2022-03%2Fsttmp_digitalka_1920x1080.jpg%3Fh%3Dd1cb525d%26itok%3Dbp8aeaPQ&cfs=1&ext=jpg&_nc_oe=6fcc6&_nc_sid=06c271&ccb=3-5&_nc_hash=AQFaOFB6jypXdzeC

Eagerly anticipated by Star Trek fans for over two decades, Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition will make its long-awaited debut exclusively on Paramount+ on April 5, 2022, in celebration of First Contact Day. The film will be available to stream on Paramount+ in 4K Ultra HD on supported devices and platforms. The newly restored film will subsequently arrive on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in September from Paramount Home Entertainment. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to see the restored version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition on the big screen for the first time when Fathom Events and Paramount Pictures bring it to theaters for an exclusive two-day event on May 22 and May 25. Tickets will go on sale Friday, April 8 at FathomEvents.com.

Details are here, this is the 2001 version cleaned up to 2022 standards and the trailer here looks fantastic!!

Do we think we might finally get some of the long-requested TMP favorites, like V'Ger as a ship? Chief of Starfleet Operations Kirk? Maybe a Timelines Original Admiral Nogura? or maybe even the Surak (Spock's courier ship) or the Decker Unit? :D

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would fit better in Strange New Worlds Sub-Forum, since its unreleated to the game.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, he is discussing using the release as an opportunity to release some crew that are absent and wanted. STII will be 40 this year and we could use a few crew from it too. Nemesis will be 20 this December too.
    I remember going to see it on opening day with my college roommate and it had snowed while we were in the the theater... I told her not to wear sandals!😂
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone else has been waiting for this since the 40th anniversary in 2019 B)

safe_image.php?d=AQEEJZlk519NntWt&w=500&h=261&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.startrek.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2F1200x628%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2022-03%2Fsttmp_digitalka_1920x1080.jpg%3Fh%3Dd1cb525d%26itok%3Dbp8aeaPQ&cfs=1&ext=jpg&_nc_oe=6fcc6&_nc_sid=06c271&ccb=3-5&_nc_hash=AQFaOFB6jypXdzeC

Eagerly anticipated by Star Trek fans for over two decades, Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition will make its long-awaited debut exclusively on Paramount+ on April 5, 2022, in celebration of First Contact Day. The film will be available to stream on Paramount+ in 4K Ultra HD on supported devices and platforms. The newly restored film will subsequently arrive on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in September from Paramount Home Entertainment. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to see the restored version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition on the big screen for the first time when Fathom Events and Paramount Pictures bring it to theaters for an exclusive two-day event on May 22 and May 25. Tickets will go on sale Friday, April 8 at FathomEvents.com.

Details are here, this is the 2001 version cleaned up to 2022 standards and the trailer here looks fantastic!!

Do we think we might finally get some of the long-requested TMP favorites, like V'Ger as a ship? Chief of Starfleet Operations Kirk? Maybe a Timelines Original Admiral Nogura? or maybe even the Surak (Spock's courier ship) or the Decker Unit? :D

As you can tell from my avatar, I would be over the moon if we finally got Admiral Kirk in
    The.
    Best.
    Uniform.
    Ever.

Getting the Surak as a ship would be a very pleasant surprise indeed!

I think it is a safe bet to say that we are never ever going to see Decker Unit in-game. 😬
    I have a STUFFED Kirk with him in that uniform. No idea where it was from, but I bought it second hand or third or fourth.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    I have a STUFFED Kirk with him in that uniform. No idea where it was from, but I bought it second hand or third or fourth.

That is beyond amazing, I am in awe!!!
    I had no idea there was such a thing and now I am so very very jealous.

As background, I saw TMP in it’s original release in theaters at the tender young age of seven and have been in love with it ever since, warts and all.

I was already a huge Star Trek fan due to TOS and TAS, but TMP on the big screen at that age blew me away, glacial pace be damned.
    edited March 2022
    I was shocked when I saw it and wanted it since it was unusual, even for Star Trek. He's about 14" tall. Head is standard doll plastic (good likeness really) with a completely stuffed body made of grey and white fabric, felt I think. Almost like a Baby Beans. No maker tag. Haven't seem another like it. No idea who made it or if there are others besides Kirk.
    I think I got it at an auction up by my sister. I seem to remember spotting it in a current lot when we were picking up a table my sister had bought there the week before. She picked it up for me (it's a two hour drive) and I got it from her next time we visited. I can't find a picture of him and he's packed away safely until we are finished renovating. If I have to get in there, I'll snap a picture and message you. He really is unique.
    Ah...found this online. It's one like him.
    hn980tsb3ss0.jpeg
    Mine's in better shape. The monitor is intact. Forgot about the Velcro hands. I wonder if he had a phaser and stuff originally.
    @W.W. Carlisle

Found a little bit more info on the interwebs…

Made by a company called Knickerbocker and they made both a Kirk and a Spock…

56a5rfd30vhy.jpeg

Now I have a mission.
    Me too. I need a Spock now. :D
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was shocked when I saw it and wanted it since it was unusual, even for Star Trek. He's about 14" tall. Head is standard doll plastic (good likeness really) with a completely stuffed body made of grey and white fabric, felt I think. Almost like a Baby Beans. No maker tag. Haven't seem another like it. No idea who made it or if there are others besides Kirk.
    I think I got it at an auction up by my sister. I seem to remember spotting it in a current lot when we were picking up a table my sister had bought there the week before. She picked it up for me (it's a two hour drive) and I got it from her next time we visited. I can't find a picture of him and he's packed away safely until we are finished renovating. If I have to get in there, I'll snap a picture and message you. He really is unique.
    Ah...found this online. It's one like him.
    hn980tsb3ss0.jpeg
    Mine's in better shape. The monitor is intact. Forgot about the Velcro hands. I wonder if he had a phaser and stuff originally.

There's a "Star Trek The Motion Picture Appreciation Society" group on Facebook that would very much enjoy seeing that, and heck might even be able to help ya find Spock!