Home Make It So!
Options

Gauntlet Divisions + Merit Cost

As someone who played long-term, something I have never understood is why the Arena gets broken out into Commander, Captain, and Admiral, thus allowing low-level players and ships to compete in the fun, but the Gauntlet does not. I personally would like to see one of two things happen; either:
  1. The Gauntlet is broken into divisions similar to the Arena, meaning Captains can choose by their crew which to join in on, -OR-
  2. The Gauntlet automatically levels for each Captain (by some formula of Captain and their active crew), pinning only those within a specific range together. This could be completely dynamic, making each Captain's pool of Gauntlet opponents completely unique each round, -OR- automatically put everyone into a set division based on a formula of specific set of criteria (similar to the first option above, but automatically determined; you can only join a group you have been found fit to fight against).

Merits for switching out candidates should also be adjusted according to the division.

The Gauntlet is so overpowered compared to what new players have that it's ridiculous. Also, New players also have very little Honor for which to spend on the 50 merits to cycle through increasingly strong opponents looking for anyone who might be their level. So, maybe the time for crew to recover also varies by division.

Please add any thoughts or improvements; I'd love to know more about how others feel about this idea or if you guys can improve upon it. This is truly a discussion. Thanks for listening everyone!