Home The Bridge
Options

Let's lighten up the mood - do you do something just for fun in your fleet?

edited November 2017 in The Bridge
STT mustn't always be all about crew collection, immortalizations, seriousness, event talk, bashing at DB for their design decisions (or lack thereof), or saying you will stop spending due to the poor Behold choices. Sometimes people can have real fun while playing... Do you do something just for sch-hits and giggles in your fleet?

For example, in ours we sometimes do a fleet member day, and switch to various versions of their avatar just for fun. Works especially well if the fleet members are even remotely familiar with each other! I have seen way more fleet members joining on that and chatting, sharing the experience and so than on an average STT day.

Comments

• Options
    I like that idea. We were going to do something similar back on April Fools, and flood the Arena with Tribble avatars :)

We've done some giveaways in our Fleet, small raffles and gift cards given away for best performance and things like that. Planning one for the Christmas season now too :)
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had a few inter-fleet gauntlets (where 5-15 people from each fleet join the gauntlet at the same time and have at it)
  • Options
    I can tell you one thing, it's even better when people start changing their usual names to resemble the fleet member's name... It's hillarious sometimes. For example, one of our officers is Tyr, so it works for all kinds of puns - including my faviorite, when a few months ago I switched my name to Kapitan Palan-Tyr, or other who did stuff like Tyr-ed Avatar, and so on... I guarantee you, it's an awesome way to team-build and smile and laugh every now and then.

As I like to say, this game isn't all about collecting stuff, but about real life people all around the world as well :)
  • Options
    We like to pull until we get David Marcus.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    One of the best times we ever had in our fleet.. and the reason I'm in AA

I loved that video :)
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Hey!!! You are aware that spying on people is a crime, don't you? How the hell did you know that I pulled him today with the event pack?! POLICE!!! POLICE!!!

EDIT: on a more positive note, he was at 3/4 :P
  • Options
    Yes. One of our crew gives us weekly challenges, not usually around timelines but around star trek. Guess who. Logic puzzles etc. Run on our Discord channel. We also get awards for various achievements based around timelines. I like the idea of everyone piling into The Gauntlet at the same time. I might mention that to him, he'll like that.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha, love these ideas!! We usually play guess the next event crew. Passes the time waiting for the announcement anyways.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I sent Star Trek stickers to people hitting 100 karma points in our fleet discord
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to randomly give away iTunes/Google gift cards or CBS All Access cards. We also do Fleet v Fleet gauntlets which are a blast - and hella expensive on merits.

Mostly we've been together as a unit (in one name or another) for 18+ months, so we don't talk about the game as much as family/life/work.

Hopefully some of us will get together soon (VEGAS!) but also I'm open to travel and hangout anywhere there is a collective of people sending shuttles and grumbling about RNG.
  • Options
    We also enjoy participating in gauntlet games with other fleets. I like many of these ideas and look forward to hearing more.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    My fleet does gauntlets together at the same time every 2 days, there are usually about 20 of us. We tried against another fleet once, but they spent a ton of dil after we agreed not to, so that was frustrating. We have more fun competing with each other.

We also take over the top 10 each night in Admiral Division. We've had all of the top 10 a few times, but it takes a lot of luck and good timing.

In chat, we have fun with autocorrect spelling mistakes and continue to use them afterwards. We have our own unique vocabulary and new members have trouble figuring us out sometimes.

There are so many more things. Suffice to say, we have a ton of fun.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »
    My fleet does gauntlets together at the same time every 2 days, there are usually about 20 of us. We tried against another fleet once, but they spent a ton of dil after we agreed not to, so that was frustrating. We have more fun competing with each other.

Except I spent 0 dil ranking #1 that gauntlet, according to DB no less, while using an ideal lineup none of you matched. You have *zero* proof to the contrary. I'm willing to provide a ticket# and DB email copy to stand by my statements. You should provide the same transparency instead of false accusations, there's no reason to feel frustrated losing to a stronger lineup.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    tiggs2012 wrote: »

Except I spent 0 dil ranking #1 that gauntlet, according to DB no less, while using an ideal lineup none of you matched. You have *zero* proof to the contrary. I'm willing to provide a ticket# and DB email copy to stand by my statements. You should provide the same transparency instead of false accusations, there's no reason to feel frustrated losing to a stronger lineup.

I didn't accuse anyone by name and my fleet didn't lose, so you may be thinking of another person. Please don't hijack the thread.
  • Options
    Capt. ObviousCapt. Obvious ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    tiggs2012 wrote: »

Now this goes to show that even a light-hearted thread finds its way into the jaws of the good old headbutting, bashing, measuring c...s, insults, and so on :D Nobody called you out, tiggs, so showing up in a random thread, reading something, getting incensed and reacting, shows that either you are here to boast, or you think you have something to prove to someone. But then again, that's the internet for you in a nutshell, isn't it...

How about you share what does your fleet do for fun instead?

He's a troll that's called out our fleet before for being "untrustworthy". We wouldn't know him from anything else but from the interfleet gauntlet he mentioned. Anyone in our fleet would assume he was referring to us.

Anyways, one of the fun things SSR does is come up with punny or silly squad names every event.