Home The Bridge
Options

Before the announcement about Lower Decks & Strange New Worlds...

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in The Bridge
Did anyone really doubt we would get Strange New Worlds crew?

I know there have been reported "issues' that delayed Lower Decks, but Strange New Worlds probably did not have those same issues.

Glad to see both confirmed, though. Hopefully Badgey will not just be an Avatar earned for completing the celebration Tasks mentioned!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I figured it would happen, sometimes licensing takes weird turns.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options

This is very true. I think MAYBE they finally figured out who owns the rights to the Marvel character Namor. They seem to have lost track during the "fire sale"

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very true. I think MAYBE they finally figured out who owns the rights to the Marvel character Namor. They seem to have lost track during the "fire sale"

Spockuaman?
  • Options
    Well, for most countries, they even did not yet announce where (which service/channel) Strange New Worlds will be shown - similarly to Lower Decks when it started. And if they don't even get the licensing done for the actual show, it would have been quite possible that they don't get the licensing done for appearances in video games, too.

So, it is indeed a nice surprise that we get Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds characters here.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472
  • Options
    Well, for most countries, they even did not yet announce where (which service/channel) Strange New Worlds will be shown - similarly to Lower Decks when it started. And if they don't even get the licensing done for the actual show, it would have been quite possible that they don't get the licensing done for appearances in video games, too.

So, it is indeed a nice surprise that we get Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds characters here.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472

Hopefully now that will be less of an issue. Since Paramount+ is spreading. I feel so bad for the people who have to wait on stuff. Especially if they are trying to avoid spoilers.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Before you created this thread ... did you stop to consider that the vague title looks like clickbait? C'mon, @DScottHewitt , you know better! 😛
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472

Hopefully now that will be less of an issue. Since Paramount+ is spreading. I feel so bad for the people who have to wait on stuff. Especially if they are trying to avoid spoilers.

The uncertainty of when I will finally be able to watch it has certainly put a damper on my excitement for the show. Last I checked Paramount+ won't be available here until the end of the year. It will be impossible to avoid spoilers for so long.
  • Options
    Well, for most countries, they even did not yet announce where (which service/channel) Strange New Worlds will be shown[...]
    Yeah, I guess that will be less of an issue as soon as Paramount+ is running everywhere - so roundabout October 2037?
  • Options

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472

The uncertainty of when I will finally be able to watch it has certainly put a damper on my excitement for the show. Last I checked Paramount+ won't be available here until the end of the year. It will be impossible to avoid spoilers for so long.

That is terrible! I know spoilers upset people. I can live with them. I basically knew the whole plot of "No Way Home" before I saw it. Still added it to my Vudu the day it was available. But, as I said, spoilers ruin stuff for many people.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for people who can’t watch Lower Decks and have to wait. For what it’s worth in my opinion Lower Decks is not the kind of show that can be easily spoiled. There are surprises and secrets that get revealed but mostly the show is episodic and humorous. I have watched it many times over and have enjoyed it more each time because there are so many little jokes, references and other things. Hope it can be the same for others even if they have to go into it knowing some things about the show ahead of time.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yey for strange new worlds ...
    Boo for joke of lower decks ....
    Might as well add prodigy and be on a roll
  • Options

Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

It's a card collecting game. So, there is a simple solution for any cards from series you do not like......