Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event - Shattered ME#3 - 2022-04-21

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19213/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-shattered-me-3-2022-04-21/

Currently the art for Disguised Tom Paris is being disagreeable but it is being worked on.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19213/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-shattered-me-3-2022-04-21/

Currently the art for Disguised Tom Paris is being disagreeable but it is being worked on.

That danged artwork every week! Always acting up.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    No worries, few care anymore.
  • Options

He is very efficient at it......

ltnuukasi33i.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries, few care anymore.
    I dunno, I think more than a few folks care, such as most of the following:
    6oqozf46b38b.png

yhydndbkkule.png

en6hym3x7r53.png

epebx1ne7wlw.png

cwjtup47mv6s.png

zmjszspl4hi7.png

3oeqtjv9vjof.png

qiyrbchtaiq6.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    353.gif
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is "that" type of day - le sigh
  • Options
    And, as expected, Federation is not one of the Factions. So, anyone who has been "relaxed" about doing the First Contact Day Endurance Objective Event, maybe go to Plan B.

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I've got 51 to go and have four out. I'm not sure where everyone else is. Next week is a Hybrid, so after phase change Saturday, your bays are free again. Personally, I'll be done before that.
    Also, I LOVE the artwork for T'Pol. Very happy to have her.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I've got 51 to go and have four out. I'm not sure where everyone else is. Next week is a Hybrid, so after phase change Saturday, your bays are free again. Personally, I'll be done before that.
    Also, I LOVE the artwork for T'Pol. Very happy to have her.

72 to go for me. Been feeling bad again. So that has slowed me down some.
  • Options
    We've been busy here. Sometimes I have my shuttle bays at capacity and sometimes I get distracted. Easter, taxes, a kitten that has figured out how to get in with the chickens (I still haven't figured out how to keep him where he belongs), spring chores around the farm...had a tornado warning tonight...things should settle after the holiday.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    We've been busy here. Sometimes I have my shuttle bays at capacity and sometimes I get distracted. Easter, taxes, a kitten that has figured out how to get in with the chickens (I still haven't figured out how to keep him where he belongs), spring chores around the farm...had a tornado warning tonight...things should settle after the holiday.

Be safe! We actually had our first tornado warning in YEARS here this winter. Was very brief, but people north of town reported some funnels. As did people over the hill in C'Ville area.
  • Options
    We had one about eight miles south of us earlier in the year and they think one occurred tonight just over the country line from us. It was blowing pretty good earlier with a lot of rain. I get to look for damage in the daylight. Clear limbs. I've already got three roofs to work on. Sigh... The chimney brick changes three times from being replaced.
    We're just close enough to town that you can hear the siren if you are outside. I'm very used to it. I was in my first tornado as a newborn.
  • Options
    We had one about eight miles south of us earlier in the year and they think one occurred tonight just over the country line from us. It was blowing pretty good earlier with a lot of rain. I get to look for damage in the daylight. Clear limbs. I've already got three roofs to work on. Sigh... The chimney brick changes three times from being replaced.
    We're just close enough to town that you can hear the siren if you are outside. I'm very used to it. I was in my first tornado as a newborn.

I mean this in a totally positive and supportive way. Not a criticism at all. Since people say I am mean and harsh and rude when I am trying not to be.

We learn more and more about your interesting life every time you post.

============

Our area had a tornado with fatalities decades ago. Out at the western end of our county in Augusta Springs area. And, our neighbors across the road from us when I lived in Sherando had fifteen kids. One of their sons died as a young adult in an unexplained auto accident. Unexplained stuff like his car ended up in the trees several yards or more off the road with NO signs of HOW it got into the thicket it ended up in. As though his car was lifted up and dropped in there. Theory emergency services came up with is a localized transient funnel got his car. Dissipated quickly.
  • Options
    I totally get it.
    I'm Autism Spectrum. High functioning of course, but I describe it as being social blind. It's like being color blind. You know you're missing something, but you don't really understand what. I have learned some cues to look for, but if I forget to look or don't feel like putting in the effort, because of a head ache or being tired...so I have no filter and it can be worse at times.
    On the Internet, I take everything at face value. I try to allow for the inclusion of emojis or the tone of a thread or even how someone is on other threads, but I know I'm not getting it right. I'm no longer bothered by it. I, too, practice the way of absolute candor.
    Everyone has an interesting life. Most people just don't see it that way. I'm a chronic people watcher with an anthropology degree. I know better.
    We've had a ton of minor tornadoes and more than a few major ones. I was walking back to my dorm at Ball State and actually watched the one that hit the Kmart in Anderson.
    The one we had when I was a baby was a bad one. I'm a March baby and Mom was still home on maternity leave, so she offered to take Granny to town to get stuff for Easter baskets. I was asleep in my crib under the window. Mom left my almost thirteen year old sister home to watch me. She was told if it got bad to take to the basement. It was nice when they left.
    Mom and Gran were in the drugstore and it just kept getting darker and darker. Power went out. Register was down. Automatic doors froze. The cashiers were checking people out with a pen and paper and letting them out the back. Power was out all over town. The McDonald's sign was in the middle of I74. They headed home.
    It was a mess. Trees down. Buildings damaged. They had to wait for a neighbor to clear a tree from the road with his tractor. They got home. No power. Roof off the 16'*60' concrete block chicken house. it was on the north end of the property and had taken out the chimney again. (It was the third or fourth time we lost the roof.) The brooder house was upside down. My sister came out of the basement with me and says "by the time I remembered which wall to stand by, it was over".
    Sis isn't good in an emergency. Once, the cat dumped a vase in the VCR and it started smoking. She called home, 85 miles away, looking for Mom, who was at the grocery, where she was every Friday evening on her way home from work. I had to walk her through throwing the breaker, disconnecting the VCR, and taking it outside, so if it did catch fire, she could use the hose on it. She was 23 and I was ten. We won't even get into when the water main in the basement broke when I was living with her for school. She went to work and left it to me to deal with before class.
    There is a reason I treasure the peace and repetition of Timelines, tv and movies I've seen before, or a good book. I get enough excitement elsewhere!
  • Options
    Hey the forum is looking normal again through the mobile version!

woohoo! i was worried there
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if when we have an achievement involving shuttles that the faction needed for the achievement would be included as one of the factions in the faction events. For us with 4 shuttles it is not necessary but those with only 2 will struggle with this.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if when we have an achievement involving shuttles that the faction needed for the achievement would be included as one of the factions in the faction events. For us with 4 shuttles it is not necessary but those with only 2 will struggle with this.
    Even if you only have 2 shuttles, you only need to send out one extra pair of shuttles per day compared to completing your dailies. You need to average 10 shuttles per day, assuming you're not sending out federation shuttles during the faction events, which means 5 pairs per day instead of the 4 pairs you need to complete your dailies.

That's still a fairly big ask, but it's definitely achievable. It's up to the individual players to decide if the reward is worth the effort.
  • Options
    Unless I've missed something somewhere, we still don't know what the faction(s) for the final full-Faction event will be; Federation could well end up being one of those, in which case everyone who hasn't yet completed the Solkar stuff will get it nearly automatically from their quick start if they've been making any effort at all the rest of the month.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I've missed something somewhere, we still don't know what the faction(s) for the final full-Faction event will be; Federation could well end up being one of those, in which case everyone who hasn't yet completed the Solkar stuff will get it nearly automatically from their quick start if they've been making any effort at all the rest of the month.
    This is very true, but based on past experience I don't advise anybody to count on getting Federation for the faction event. If you want that last copy of Solkar, assume you're going to have to do it the hard way.
  • Options
    A lot of us have already finished him with over half the time allowance left. Yes, I have four shuttles, but I missed turning them around, forgot to send them, only sent one or two Fed because I needed X from Y, et c. I wouldn't be surprised if Fed is one of the factions for the last event. I'm waiting for Tuesday to finish him for the Mini.
  • Options
    A lot of us have already finished him with over half the time allowance left. Yes, I have four shuttles, but I missed turning them around, forgot to send them, only sent one or two Fed because I needed X from Y, et c. I wouldn't be surprised if Fed is one of the factions for the last event. I'm waiting for Tuesday to finish him for the Mini.

I'm using his Solkar's} last copy to do the Immortalize tonight. 200 Federation Shuttles was done days ago, but he is unclaimed. I'll level Taylor for the leveling and to get her useful for next Event. I'll just fuse the four copies of Bashir for the Fusing part. Skirmishes help me with the weekly Immortalize thing now. I have like six or seven 4* Crew needing just their clothing item to finish.

It's kind of bad in a way that the new weekly minis always using the same things have had some of us change the way we play the game. Saving Immortalizing for the new mini event. Holding some Crew instead of leveling. {Although whoever said the other week just hang onto a couple of 1* Crew from the Voyages to level each week, that is a great piece of advice. I would help build their statue for the town square!}

Having OCD, it has been hard not to throw those Uniforms on people. And not level people as I can. But, I do it the new way now. Probably better ways to do it, but I am not the best at figuring things out.
    I can be honest at that. Remember the cabin trip episode of "That '70s Show", y'all? I watched it at least six or seven times before I got the joke when Kitty looked in the back of the Vista Cruiser and asked "Why do you need all that oregano?"

• Options
    I have DOZENS of crew sitting and waiting for me to roll them over to the next ten levels. (None are duplicate or used just for this purpose.) Event crew and those I'm actively working on are tagged, so the crew primed for the Mini are hovering just below them at the top of the untagged and waiting for 1am. I have a batch of shuttles out that are the beginning of the backlog I'm building up for then too. If it works out right, I'll be down to the Gauntlet requirement within an hour of it starting.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    7klbf7o8wro1.png

Yay we got the artwork. I think you were a little generous with the muscles otherwise the artwork looks good. Only thing, Voyager traveled to 1996 not 1997.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    7klbf7o8wro1.png

Yay we got the artwork. I think you were a little generous with the muscles otherwise the artwork looks good. Only thing, Voyager traveled to 1996 not 1997.

Tom looks like he heard "1957". Just observing. Artwork is great!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to the writer: "Emperor Georgiou Goes to Washington" is a great mission title!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    May I ask, who is Malcolm Forrest?
    oxr8dxtivile.png
    We have Max Forrest and Malcolm Reed, that I know of. Is this someone knew I haven't seen yet?