Home The Bridge
Options

'Splain to me how the 6500 Dilithium special Pack works.....

YxMNvse.jpg

YxMNvse.jpg

It's "Buy Ten" and that a Legendary is guaranteed. What about the other nine? Will they be like ALL Pack Featured Crew?!?!?

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx. So, all 4* or 5* then. Thanx.

{Not I would ever have 6500 Dilithium to buy one.}

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay here's what I don't get: People on here say they bought like 20 to 30 packs to try and get a Culber. Are those odds better than buying 3 of this?
  • Options
    Okay here's what I don't get: People on here say they bought like 20 to 30 packs to try and get a Culber. Are those odds better than buying 3 of this?

30 650 pulls and 3 6500 pulls theoretically have the same odds of getting a 5*, practically the 6500 packs will have less total pulls and gurenteed 5* crew.
  • Options

question is really are going for one to have him or five to ff? 30 pulls gives you a chance of getting FF, 3 pulls of the 6500 means you will only get at most three of one five star crew and no guarantee it will be the one you want if you are only going for one of them.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options

Well, you could buy 3 of those and get 3 Mobile Doc too. I'd rather press my luck with the 650s after Musketeergate.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about the individual needs as well. Someone like SilverRose or myself don't need anything in the packs but the new shiny featured gold. Sure, the always present behold of an additional Legendary star we need is nice, but the 6500 packs just have the possibility of 9 straight purple airlocks.

Also, it's basically $65. While we have had these packs drop 3 or more golds per pull, the reality is only 1 is promised. I have the same odds with the 650 packs. My gut feels a lot worse when i spend $65 on one pull and don't get the one guy I'm after, but oddly it doesn't hurt nearly as bad if I spend the same $65 on 10 pulls.

Also Muskateer La Forge gave me PTSD.

Your mileage may and will completely vary.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about the individual needs as well. Someone like SilverRose or myself don't need anything in the packs but the new shiny featured gold. Sure, the always present behold of an additional Legendary star we need is nice, but the 6500 packs just have the possibility of 9 straight purple airlocks.

Also, it's basically $65. While we have had these packs drop 3 or more golds per pull, the reality is only 1 is promised. I have the same odds with the 650 packs. My gut feels a lot worse when i spend $65 on one pull and don't get the one guy I'm after, but oddly it doesn't hurt nearly as bad if I spend the same $65 on 10 pulls.

Relatively new to the game and forums, can you give me the jyst of this musketeer la forge and what went on? I keep seeing people referencing it but know nothing about it
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Relatively new to the game and forums, can you give me the jyst of this musketeer la forge and what went on? I keep seeing people referencing it but know nothing about it

Essentially they released a pack that was supposed to contain 5* Musketeer La Forge, but no one pulled him including SilverRose who pulled 20 each of the other 5* available in that pack. CS initially said that there was nothing wrong with the pack but DB later admitted that there was some kind of error.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

Essentially they released a pack that was supposed to contain 5* Musketeer La Forge, but no one pulled him including SilverRose who pulled 20 each of the other 5* available in that pack. CS initially said that there was nothing wrong with the pack but DB later admitted that there was some kind of error.

So did they comp everyone a free one?
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    What Skizzy said.

No one pulled La Forge, we had to fight the fight with CS and DB in general who kept telling us the loot table was correct, and a few days later they came clean and said La Forge wasn't actually in the loot table, and they'd fixed the error a few days earlier. So, to recap:

1) La Forge was never in the loot table.
    2) We flagged it as an issue for DB.
    3) DB said that it was working fine and La Forge was dropping.
    4) We went back and said it still wasn't behaving properly.
    5) DB then went radio silent.
    6) DB pushed a fix for the packs and people started getting La Forge. During this time, they left a broken portal live while working out a fix and didn't communicate anything to the players about what was going on.
    7) A day or two after the fix, DB posted to admit that they'd made a mistake and had pushed a fix and would be working with players to compensate them.
    8) DB sent out an in-game mail with 1-5 copies of La Forge for players that had made pulls on the broken portal. We were told how many copies you received correlated to how many pulls you had made.
    9) DB actually didn't measure the number of pulls properly, so some folks made one pull and received 5 copies of La Forge while others, who had made ~100 pulls, received 1.
    10) CS finally just agreed to give me back my dil.

... 11) A few weeks after this debacle, we got to lather, rinse, and repeat about the addition of the new characters to time portal packs.

... Finally, 12) I have a new personal policy: wait until someone else pulls the card to make sure it's in the game before you have a go at a portal.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!