Home Engineering Room
Options

Gauntlet rounds not being counted for mid week event

Platform: iOS (latest) / iphone 7
+ Windows 10

Game version: latest

Issue - Gauntlet rounds are not being counted for he mdweek event.

I completed 11 rounds in the first run of the gauntlet, all were counted
2nd run, played 9 rounds only 3 were counted
3rd run, played 1 round on phone and one on computer; niether were counted.

i am still at 14 / 20

I have seen reporrts of double counting and aldo refrshes counting, but one of not being counted in my fleet

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Comments

• Options
    After the Time Portal reset, my gauntlets rounds seem to have caught up somewhat.....the count should be 27, but its now showing 19 rathe rtan the earlier 14.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    I just completed 12 rounds and was able to claim the reward even though I definitely didn't complete all 20 yet.
  • Options
    KingLouieKingLouie ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I'm seeing a similar issue. At 16 two rounds ago, and after 6 battles the 16 went to 17. This round isn't counting at all.

EDIT: somehow got one of my battles to count, but none of the others. I'm starting to wonder whether it's counting wins, not rounds.
    Come chat with us on the Star Trek Timelines Discord server: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    pirunapiruna ✭✭✭
    It's not counting all rounds, it's not related to wins. It's random, like it counts 1, skips 2-3 and then counts 4.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    piruna wrote: »
    It's not counting all rounds, it's not related to wins. It's random, like it counts 1, skips 2-3 and then counts 4.

I was about to ask if it was counting wins instead. I fought 7 or 8 rounds and have only had 3 counted!
  • Options
    FWIW I checked round by round and the counter went 1,3,6,6.
  • Options
    update on support ticket - they are aware of issue and are working on it.

last night it counted 1 of the 7 rounds played and let me clear the requirement - overall i played more than 35 rounds to get 20 counted
  • Options
    OK, just starting mine:
    Win - not counted
    Win - counted
    Win (after 1 refresh) - 2 added
    Win - 3 added
    Win - 4 added
    Win (after 2 refreshes) - 5 added.
    Looks like you want to get streaks going to add an extra completion each time!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any details could be useful to investigate this, such as:
    - did you leave the game running in the background between rounds
    - did you switch devices

Or anything else that might be relevant.
  • Options
    I just ran my 5 crew in the Gauntlet, with 2 wins and 3 losses, and got credit for only 3 rounds (I checked between each round to verify); the 2 wins and 1 of the losses. IIRC, the 1st and 2nd rounds were counted, the 3rd was not, the 4th was, and the 5th was not. The 2nd and 4th were the wins. No resources were used to reset any aspects.

I started the Gauntlet last night, and ran my crew until they were all out of action; I didn't count how many rounds, but it was in excess of 8, because I ran at least 3 for 2 rounds, and 1 for 3 (in all cases, I didn't use any resources to reset anything. But only 3 rounds were credited in the Objective Event, and that's where it was this morning when I ran the next set.

The game was active the whole of each playthrough; I did not minimize it, or change to any other app while playing. I am on an HP Chromebook running Chrome Version 100.0.4896.82 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    - did you switch devices

I restarted the game this morning, completed the last 4 shuttles, 40 away team missions and went straight to the Gauntlet. Completed 12 rounds in a row (without exiting the Gauntlet at all). Was able to claim the reward for 20 rounds. All on the same device.
  • Options
    pirunapiruna ✭✭✭
    - did you switch devices

No, the game was not running in background. Same bug on Android and Steam.
  • Options
    - did you switch devices

1st time it skipped, game was running in back ground, but gauntlet was not the first action taken, its was cadet mission + ad, then gauntlet

2nd time it skipped games was opened anew, and gauntlet played on phone, game closed, and then opned on PC, played & closed and then opened again on phone and played (forum post & ticect created at this point)

3rd time Game was closed / opened & then gauntlet played for a few rounds, then closed, and then opned again
  • Options
    Each time it's happened to me it has been within a single play session; I'm on a Sony Xperia.

After doing a bit more, I have developed a theory that instead of adding 1 each time a gauntlet round completes, it's adding whatever the current streak was going into that round. My 1,3,6,6 was win-win-lose-win coming in off having won one round at the same time as sending my final shuttle wave (for timer reasons) so my streak was at 1 when the relevant achievement became available, and I think that fits Evans of Wales's reported results and my other experiences too.

If there's anyone out there who was on a high streak as they started, they would have insta-completed if I'm right, so that would be a good test of the idea.
  • Options
    I can now confirm that the tribble is tied to the win streak; I just started another playthrough and won my first 3 rounds. Now, when I started my Objective Event I had 6 credited rounds completed; after the 1st win this time, no credit. After the 2nd win, I now had 7 credits. After the 3rd win, I had magically jumped to 9 rounds.
    The 4th round I also won, and my Objective Event milestone shows 12 credited rounds complete; this would correspond to a +3 in the win streak from the earlier +2.

And finally, the 5th round I lost, but used dilithium to recover my crew and preserve my win streak; the Objective Event now shows me with 16 completed rounds, adding another 4 (the same +4 win streak, maybe?) to the total.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic, I am forwarding those details, this should help greatly with the investigation.

If this issue will prevent you from completing the OE, please submit a ticket to support if you've done all the necessary steps. They will be able to verify on their end, and grant you the reward.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add my voice to this. I got a late start on the gauntlet rounds (only gone through twice), so I'm not actually sure I'll complete the OE, but... I've done more battles than it counted. It currently says 8, and I know I've done 12+ since I'm winning a few battles and then burning every crew to exhaustion after I lose my super-mini streaks.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the gauntlet 30 minutes after the OE went live & ran up a streak of 11 wins (using merits to refresh). Without exiting the iPhone app, I checked the OE & claimed the gauntlet objective of 20. Maybe it double-counted my three mini-streaks of 3 wins? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I seem to have gotten the achievement in my first round; I started up a brand new gauntlet on Tuesday and had the achievement when I ran out of matches. I was surprised because I usually do about 10 matches a round. I did have a streak or two; I think a six and a three, along with some one off wins. But I wasn’t paying close attention to things. I’m playing on an iPhone 11 Pro (not the latest iOS).

I’ve had a number of people in my fleet saying they’ve had problems with this. Can’t tell if it’s impacting them finishing the OE or not. I gave them a heads up to put in a ticket with CS if they couldn't finish because of this glitch.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)