Home The Bridge
Options

Just admit this guy was designed as a 4* Super Rare.

rfu2xleo8mbm.jpg

Toughest 3* build I've ever had to do. Not worth it.

Comments

• Options
    Nah. It's pretty transparently on-purpose by DB.

Across the board, builds are more difficult, whether it's more "pain point" items, or harder builds for lower level crew, or just flat out making it obvious with the number of builds that now require five or three of a thing (when fours and twos were always the norm).

I'm fully prepared for the day when sixes arrive. Not saying I'm happy about it, but DB is about as good at masking their true intent as the current administration.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    5* Scotty should get a boost or demote him to 4*
  • Options
    Nah. It's pretty transparently on-purpose by DB.

Across the board, builds are more difficult, whether it's more "pain point" items, or harder builds for lower level crew, or just flat out making it obvious with the number of builds that now require five or three of a thing (when fours and twos were always the norm).

I'm fully prepared for the day when sixes arrive. Not saying I'm happy about it, but DB is about as good at masking their true intent as the current administration.

I just built one with six of a item needed!
  • Options

I'm fully prepared for the day when sixes arrive.

Musketeer Geordi already requires six of one item for his outfit builds.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    It's pretty insane. Though I must admit that Doctor Culber was pretty easy. Talos IV Spock is right up there with Captain Proton in 'holy-crap-so-not-worth-it' builds.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Talos 4 Spock is imbalanced with his build. One gold item for a blue toon is okay (such as for Dr. Selar or for Sniper Ezri Dax), but not two or more and not 2 golds and 2 purples in the final four items. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

I'm fully prepared for the day when sixes arrive.

Musketeer Geordi already requires six of one item for his outfit builds.

Yes...and both his outfit and his sword have the exact same build...item for item! I was :astonished: when i saw the recipies!
  • Options
    So I would assume its safe to airlock this particular Mr. Spock? Is he a "must have" in terms of unlocking elite/epic nodes in the later missions? 5-7?

I have passed all the missions in normal already, majority of elite/epic up to lvl 5. 6 and 7 is where I'm having a hard time due to not having many FF 4* hell I don't have many 4** but oh well.
  • Options
    So I would assume its safe to airlock this particular Mr. Spock? Is he a "must have" in terms of unlocking elite/epic nodes in the later missions? 5-7?

I have passed all the missions in normal already, majority of elite/epic up to lvl 5. 6 and 7 is where I'm having a hard time due to not having many FF 4* hell I don't have many 4** but oh well.

Personal choice, really. I took the time and his stats rival a medium level 4* crew, and he has helped in the Sunday Cadet Missions, but after 3 months of active duty, he may go into the freezer.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just like peeling off a band-aid. You're gonna have to do it sooner or later. No point in leaving dilithium on the table. He's only a 3*, you'll get him again sooner or later so don't feel guilty if you end up punting him.

Besides once you level a worthless 1* with 3* equipment (Maquis Chakotay), you'll do anything.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The positive side is, you can freeze both (Chakotay and Spock) once you have a solid 4* crew roster. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I use him for the Sunday challenges.
  • Options
    I still find it hilarious that Common and Uncommon cards number fewer in quantity than the super rare/legendary.

I get the gist of your point, but keep in mind that this is somewhat by design for the benefit of newer players. Imagine there were even 200 Uncommon crew; how would lower level players ever hope to randomly get a match and get them fused when they can only hold 50 or so at a time? If we had unlimited slots, then sure they could hold onto them all and eventually start matching up, but it would still be better to have a lower limit so that they can get more fuses faster to help expedite their progress.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    McGrizzled wrote: »
    I still find it hilarious that Common and Uncommon cards number fewer in quantity than the super rare/legendary.

I get the gist of your point, but keep in mind that this is somewhat by design for the benefit of newer players. Imagine there were even 200 Uncommon crew; how would lower level players ever hope to randomly get a match and get them fused when they can only hold 50 or so at a time? If we had unlimited slots, then sure they could hold onto them all and eventually start matching up, but it would still be better to have a lower limit so that they can get more fuses faster to help expedite their progress.

That's a very kind hearted and well-intentioned explanation. I wish it wasn't more a case of them wanting to make more profit off the 4* and 5* characters requiring people paying to buy packs to FF.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I wish it wasn't more a case of them wanting to make more profit off the 4* and 5* characters requiring people paying to buy packs to FF.

The reason they can make more money from 4* and 5* characters is that the players want them more than 1* and 2*. So you can say it's just milking people for more money, or giving selling people what they want.

The argument that there's fewer common and uncommon is purely semantic. It's also easily defeated by saying that the rarity refers not to how many exist, but how frequently they drop.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    I wish it wasn't more a case of them wanting to make more profit off the 4* and 5* characters requiring people paying to buy packs to FF.

The reason they can make more money from 4* and 5* characters is that the players want them more than 1* and 2*. So you can say it's just milking people for more money, or giving selling people what they want.

The argument that there's fewer common and uncommon is purely semantic. It's also easily defeated by saying that the rarity refers not to how many exist, but how frequently they drop.

Yeah, I love how some people apparently think that it's wrong for a company to make money when they provide something people desire. I personally think they have bent over backwards to accommodate non-paying players. You can do pretty well in this game without spending any money if that's what you choose to do. It may take longer to advance and you might not get access to some of the better cards, but you can play the game just fine.

The company producing this game is in business to make money. That's pretty much the point of operating a company. Nobody is forced to buy anything they don't want to buy. There is nothing sinister or greedy about a company doing things to increase their profits. If people did not like and want what they offer, then they wouldn't keep offering it.

I just don't understand all the complaining. I also don't understand why people talk about those who spend money on the game with such scorn and resentment. People who spend a lot on the game on help make sure it keeps going. If the game stops being profitable, then it will end. That's how things work in life. Nice things cost money, and people don't make games for free.

I wish the forum had a mute button so I could just skip all the whining and complaining. I know it's just a very vocal minority of players who even use the forums (most people in my fleet have never visited the forums, and they are active players over level 40), but it makes looking for information about what's new incredibly annoying.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicole K wrote: »
    I wish the forum had a mute button so I could just skip all the whining and complaining. I know it's just a very vocal minority of players who even use the forums (most people in my fleet have never visited the forums, and they are active players over level 40), but it makes looking for information about what's new incredibly annoying.

Actually you can click a profile and choose ignore on the little widget on the right.
  • Options
    "Dralix wrote: »

This is such a great explanation that I am really embarrassed it never occurred to me.
  • Options
    He's not really worth it on the Sunday challenges IMHO. You can do the final mission on epic with Winn, Mendon and Dukat who are all easier to max out.

Mendon to do the first engineering node, he might pass it but usually fails more often than not for me.
    Winn will pass the diplomacy node
    Mendon will pass the science node
    Winn will pass the bottom path diplomacy node
    Dukat will pass the final command node easily even if Mendon fails the first node

And you'll get a purple replicator ration for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    He's not really worth it on the Sunday challenges IMHO. You can do the final mission on epic with Winn, Mendon and Dukat who are all easier to max out.

Mendon to do the first engineering node, he might pass it but usually fails more often than not for me.
    Winn will pass the diplomacy node
    Mendon will pass the science node
    Winn will pass the bottom path diplomacy node
    Dukat will pass the final command node easily even if Mendon fails the first node

And you'll get a purple replicator ration for it.

Do yourself a favor, freeze Mendon. Stick to women so you can use them on Saturday too. On the one you're talking about, I use Saavik, Lwaxana Troi and Selar. Winn would work too.

I still can't believe I used to pay 150 DIL to run that challenge for 6 more purple rations. I just finished a voyage where I got 89 of them, and it only cost me 88 DIL for one extension, that came with hundreds of chrons and items. It's INSANE how flooded with replicator rations I am now.
  • Options
    For Saturday I complete the final mission on epic with Vash, Rifle Janeway and Winn.

Crew space isn't really an issue at the moment as I have all 1, 2 and 3 star crew maxed and frozen (apart from my cadet missions and arena battles of course) and have 192/210 crew.
  • Options
    I still can't believe I used to pay 150 DIL to run that challenge for 6 more purple rations. I just finished a voyage where I got 89 of them, and it only cost me 88 DIL for one extension, that came with hundreds of chrons and items. It's INSANE how flooded with replicator rations I am now.

I know what you mean. I just passed 1000 3* rations a few days ago, and that's probably chicken feed compared to what some players have lying around.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    For Saturday I complete the final mission on epic with Vash, Rifle Janeway and Winn.

Crew space isn't really an issue at the moment as I have all 1, 2 and 3 star crew maxed and frozen (apart from my cadet missions and arena battles of course) and have 192/210 crew.

Where you're using Rifle Janeway, I'm using Saavik, so that I can also use her on Sunday.
  • Options
    Thats a fair point I'll need to give Saavik a look.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It's pretty funny that because of Voyages, the only days I buy extra tickets are Saturday (As many as I can afford!) and sometimes Thursday, for the shuttle boosts. I laugh because they're the same event, and I'm a sucker for a lady in uniform.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It's pretty funny that because of Voyages, the only days I buy extra tickets are Saturday (As many as I can afford!) and sometimes Thursday, for the shuttle boosts. I laugh because they're the same event, and I'm a sucker for a lady in uniform.

yeah, i remember buying a ton of tickets for monday wed and friday to get the chronotrons. the developers really outdid themselves giving us voyages. I've probably increased my average weekly spend because of them, but I'm more than happy to do that because of the generous payout in chronotrons and 4* crew.

compared to when I first started playing, they have really made the game so much better than it was. from ending making critical success rewards a random proposition once threshold crossed, starbases, trainers and vp for faction fails, and now voyages, they've really made me a much happier (paying) player.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    No kidding!

In the past, my system was beyond convoluted to have 3x on Mon, 5x on Wed/Fri and swap that around for Thur during a shuttle event. Now I just buy 2x on Thur and run 5x on Saturday. Easy peasy.