Home The Bridge
Options

Thanks for the Ferengi Alliance transmissions but ...

SMMSMM ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Dear DB,

I use the running total of successful shuttle missions in an event to choose which to buy when I run low on transmissions. The reason is that, all things being equal, the faction that is in the lead will likely be the faction that has the best chance of having successful missions.

The app message however provided 10 free Ferengi Alliance transmissions. I assume that everyone else also received Ferengi Alliance transmissions as both my accounts did. (Please awesome this post if you got Ferengi Alliance transmissions, spam if not.) There is now a substantial likelihood that the Ferengi Alliance will win this event.

Please can you balance the transmissions and not present event faction transmissions in future so close to the event.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I really love this free gift horse, but can you fix his teeth too?

Dude, it won't sway the outcome.
  • Options
    Yeah right, like the Ferengi will ever win an event.

• Options
    Doesn't seem like the best idea is to ask people to mark you as "SPAM".... hmmmmm >:)
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, medical event crew and first faction listed - should be augments in a landslide.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can never have too many 2* science experiments! Augments win AND I'll run them in bonus missions till next week.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augments for sure....hard to farm items outdo pure transmission numbers.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    There is now a substantial likelihood that the Ferengi Alliance will win this event.

If it had been 100 transmissions I could see it maybe having a small effect. I don't see how 10 will. Most will likely use those in the first minutes of the event, I know I will.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem like the best idea is to ask people to mark you as "SPAM".... hmmmmm >:)

Yes, please, let's not get started doing that. Flagging a post should never be used as a "no" or downvote. It's for marking a post as either spam or abuse, nothing else.

To the OP, there is a poll feature built-in to these forums which you can use next time you want to ask a simple question.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Dear DB,

I use the running total of successful shuttle missions in an event to choose which to buy when I run low on transmissions. The reason is that, all things being equal, the faction that is in the lead will likely be the faction that has the best chance of having successful missions.

The app message however provided 10 free Ferengi Alliance transmissions. I assume that everyone else also received Ferengi Alliance transmissions as both my accounts did. (Please awesome this post if you got Ferengi Alliance transmissions, spam if not.) There is now a substantial likelihood that the Ferengi Alliance will win this event.

Please can you balance the transmissions and not present event faction transmissions in future so close to the event.

Thanks.

Please explain

• Options
    Are you the same person that complained about this last time? I really don't think it makes a difference.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    There is now a substantial likelihood that the Ferengi Alliance will win this event.

If it had been 100 transmissions I could see it maybe having a small effect. I don't see how 10 will. Most will likely use those in the first minutes of the event, I know I will.

Absolutely correct. I’m using those 10 transmissions by noon the first day

• Options
    10 missions will be used at the beginning for each faction for the quick-start. Augments will be my horse.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4 transmissions of every faction would be favorable, I think, instead of 10 transmissions for one of the three factions. However, there are maybe people who are leveling Gramproxy Neelix or Nagus Rom or Zek or whoever ... so yeah, let's make the best meowt of it. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Pretty sure they went with the one people never buy and was never a contender for the win to begin with. This won't change anything.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, the 10 transmissions will be gone straight away. As others have mentioned Augments are the most useful faction for Science Experiments. If they were going to change things, then give us Merits to spend on the faction of our choosing but am I bothered about it? no?

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

Exactly, when they yield tuppence instead of 4000 points

• Options
    I typically have anywhere from 50 to 100 transmissions ready to go for every faction in an event before starting. 10 free transmissions won't change what faction I run. The factions I run are based on which gives me the items I need most balanced with which ones I will be most successful running. Either case, I run multiple factions at the same time to maximize my bonus crew slotting by running three slot and the occasional four slot mission. Five slots are right out and allowed to expire.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like augments are in the lead. So the players choose factions based on items or mission requirements, not 10 transmissions.
  • Options
    What everyone else has said. This is a complaint without basis.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The faction event before I chose to go Romulan heavy because they were the last faction I needed to reach honor status with. Another vote of WHO CARES! Take the transmissions and get on with life