Home The Bridge

May 2022 Honor Sale

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm more than a little surprised about getting an Honor Sale right now. Both because of the recent citation sale two weeks ago and because it breaks with the every three month honor sale routine they've set for the last year+. I was expecting an announcement about the June Mega today; or, at least, the recurring crew teaser.

Anyways, here's to everyone who saved their honor; enjoy showing off your prizes! I used up most of my honor two weeks ago during the citation sale, so i will have less fun with this one (but I will have some :) ).
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it‘s a little early. Expected it in June as well.

Regarding the recent 40k citation sale, if i remember right, thats the usual pattern, that it tend to happen some weeks before a regular honor sale?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    They did the citation sale so you would spend it & have less for this honour sale
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately I didn’t take the Citation sale bait. Because they kind of **tsk tsk**.
    5hcpq8gkuz4j.png
    The Datacore bot straight up laughed at me. And then said I should take LaRoque. So naturally I took Linnis because she’s pretty and at least belongs to a collection.
    3unlcuxoq24z.png
    You should always be able to look in your crew in their eyes. Or eye in this case.
    jni4vsnlu42a.png
    Jerk mode Bashir again.
    qyi2z5fhv7wg.png
    Oh I reeeal good at dat savin' da world thing dere...Oh yeah, I got my special savin' the world suit on...
    ahjgy8dxxn9s.png
    If you’re going to carry stuff around it should at least be an armful of collections.
    08vfo5cxr2rb.png
    It’s always a good idea to drink to the dead.
    0xgffotmx4ri.png
    Another addition to my hidden crew collection.

Way too many new crew and no additions to the Inspiring, Displaced or Resourceful collections. I should be able to manage two more pulls before weeks end.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it‘s a little early. Expected it in June as well.

Regarding the recent 40k citation sale, if i remember right, thats the usual pattern, that it tend to happen some weeks before a regular honor sale?

I believe citation sales (or discounts), outside of an Honor Sale, are fairly rare. I can only remember having them two times before. And they weren't noticeably connected to the timing of an Honor Sale.* I just did a search in Coms and couldn't find anything older than 2021. When they first rolled them out last year, I assumed they were meant as a means of helping people who were angry about waiting around for Honor Sales. I'm happy to be corrected on this by someone...

* - In terms of a timing connection, who really knows? It's like Elusive Treasure packs, that some think are connected to the Portal Update schedule but the evidence says they're not. We see connections that the powers that be won't really prove or disprove.

As for my using my honor on the earlier sale, I'm kinda meh on the matter. I'm fairly happy to have taken care of FF the crew I used the cits on and I'm likely to get my now major targets FF'ed with this sale. My thinking on using my stockpile two weeks ago was along the lines of 1) I'm getting more and more fully fused Begolds, so will the extra Begolds necessarily be useful? and 2) what if they don't hold an Honor Sale when I'm expecting it to be and I have to wait longer (didn't take into consideration a short wait). But, again, whatever.

I could buy two Begold+citations today, and I got:

9wvfxqnqvo92.png
    Went with Harcourt Fenton Mudd!

AAANNNDDD then I got a fully fused Begold; none of them were worth duping. What are you gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I should get enough honor during the week to get two more pulls...
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did my 10k and had enough for 3 40k with cites.
    yxaoahjh653a.png
    Took Worf. I have 2 5* McCoy's immortal. I need a Worf.
    l7xt8442jyd6.png
    Took Craft. I can cite or Retrieve, but that first star is harder.
    ttw6sc8kzdy2.png
    Hello, Professor. New guy.
    edmskmk8b2ik.png
    Worf again!!! Some equipment and I can literally cross him off the list.
    I'll update tomorrow.

W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1: either
    4th star on Mademoiselle de Neuf
    Interfaced LaForge (already immo)
    Or 1st star for Narek.

Chose the 4th star.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrnyoqbzzsc8.png
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Fortunately I didn’t take the Citation sale bait. Because they kind of **tsk tsk**.
    5hcpq8gkuz4j.png
    The Datacore bot straight up laughed at me. And then said I should take LaRoque. So naturally I took Linnis because she’s pretty and at least belongs to a collection.
    3unlcuxoq24z.png
    You should always be able to look in your crew in their eyes. Or eye in this case.
    jni4vsnlu42a.png
    Jerk mode Bashir again.
    qyi2z5fhv7wg.png
    Oh I reeeal good at dat savin' da world thing dere...Oh yeah, I got my special savin' the world suit on...
    ahjgy8dxxn9s.png
    If you’re going to carry stuff around it should at least be an armful of collections.
    08vfo5cxr2rb.png
    It’s always a good idea to drink to the dead.
    0xgffotmx4ri.png
    Another addition to my hidden crew collection.

Way too many new crew and no additions to the Inspiring, Displaced or Resourceful collections. I should be able to manage two more pulls before weeks end.

Laforge over Q any day
    Good voyage crew
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had enough for 9 pulls...
    r1edw6c68t8i.png
    Always bet on Dax.
    0636ecreydov.png
    If one Trill is good, two must be better. (Picard will either get picked in another behold, or I'll cite him post-sale.)
    6v02q6hk5uc5.png
    'Ello, Guv'na.
    6y45cwsyaamk.png
    Red scrubs on a doctor? Not good for pre-op blood pressure, but good enough for my roster.
    au08td2mhi62.png
    She may be stressing over the medical situation, but at least McCoy wore blue.
    aganhvlnz3ew.png
    The heart wants what it wants... my Diana Muldaur collection is finally complete!

Missed screenshot, but also got a 4th star on EV Suit Archer (vs 2nd for Silva La Forge and 1st for Kelis).

Also got TWO all-FF beholds for a refund of 1100 honor. :/
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    gubhlci70okc.png

Last kick at the can. There’s no Potty Mouth collection so I went for the Vulcan Killer.

Final verdict: No help on collections and too many new crew. Spent citations on Spork, Solkar, Rillak and 1704 Collection Sisko to notch Inspiring. One more needed for Displaced, six more for Resourceful.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy that after opening 10 packs (7 daily beGolds & 3 combo packs) I had added stars to 9 crew, with 3 or 4 immortalized, while only adding 1 new crew to my roster.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    4th star on Mademoiselle de Neuf
    3rd stars on Honey Bare, Fungal May and EV Seven
    1st stars on Stranded Quark and Tactical Stamets.

Not sure if I'll be able to get one more before this evening
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266