Home The Bridge
Options

Meditative T'Pol

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
The stats currently live are not final, and will see a boost!
Likewise the apostrophe will be corrected to be consistent with the apostrophe used in game.

These changes will take place with our next server update currently scheduled for tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    awesome. thanks!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the second week in a row where the crew stats have needed "boosting". There's definitely a quality control problem here.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to get a solid rocket booster from NASA for such issues.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    This is the second week in a row where the crew stats have needed "boosting". There's definitely a quality control problem here.

The problem would be if they didn’t get boosted.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the problem is that they need boosting in the first place. There's two possibilities - either the numbers aren't as intended and nobody's checking them before release, or the numbers are as intended and whoever's designing these crew doesn't know what they're doing. Either way, somebody has to do a rushed patch-job post-release.

Fixing the problem after the fact is admittedly better than leaving it uncorrected, but it doesn't do anything to correct the core issue. Which is that these kinds of mistakes keep happening, seemingly with no end in sight. It's very hard to have confidence in anything we see in the game, when we know that absolutely anything can be subject to these kind of last minute revisions.

For Prof Data it was a card that couldn’t be released at the time a while back and was then released later. So they had to make the stats better to go with the later release. Maybe T’pol is the same.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @ChaosChild 100% agreed with your statements.
    @robownage “beginning to think”, absolutely agreed, but i suggested this a year ago, and again when the mid-weak OE was introduced and malfunctioning.
    @weakinteraction instead of a week off a month off for a mega arc rerun sounds great. This is a better idea. Give the an entire 4 weeks to fix long broken or malfunctioning portions of the game. Before they implement the “Big Boss” mode.

We have always been told, to send tickets with thoughts and ideas or suggestions. These forums don't get us anywhere unless its a huge complaint that also involves a ticket flood when people are angry.

Maybe we can all get our in game fleets and friends to start a ticket flow with this suggestion before things get broken more, instead if angry, after the fact, tickets. Lets preemptively request this. 🖖🏻
  • Options

No, the problem is that they need boosting in the first place. There's two possibilities - either the numbers aren't as intended and nobody's checking them before release, or the numbers are as intended and whoever's designing these crew doesn't know what they're doing. Either way, somebody has to do a rushed patch-job post-release.

Fixing the problem after the fact is admittedly better than leaving it uncorrected, but it doesn't do anything to correct the core issue. Which is that these kinds of mistakes keep happening, seemingly with no end in sight. It's very hard to have confidence in anything we see in the game, when we know that absolutely anything can be subject to these kind of last minute revisions.

For Prof Data it was a card that couldn’t be released at the time a while back and was then released later. So they had to make the stats better to go with the later release. Maybe T’pol is the same.

Professor Data was originally scheduled for about 6 months ago, theres nothing about that delay that inherently means that they need to improve his stats. They needed to improve his stats because he really wasn't very good and nobody was going to buy packs to try to get him, pure bottom line, that's all

And anyway, even if they "needed" to fix the stats because of the time-lag, it should have been done before they released the card.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think they should take a week off of events, maybe even Tuesday crew, to give themselves a week to take a breath and catch up. Something seems to have gone off the rails, and whatever they're doing doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe July should be the first ever rerunflashbackish mega event. Pick one of the popular megas from long enough ago that newer players might not have all the golds associated with it, maybe swap out the recurring gold for that month's One New Crew. (And perhaps have the old recurring at the 400k threshold? People who don't have it can go hard to get it, people who are at 4/5 can choose one event to pick it up from, probably a skirmish.)

Meanwhile WRG could use the time off from the event hamster wheel to get ahead on art approvals etc. for future cards, fix the objective event bugs so we can have the Prepare For ... ones back, and get ready to launch fleet boss battles. (And if it leaves the people on the writing side of things with time on their hands, maybe we can have a new episode/distress call as a little treat?)

I really like this idea. Rerun one of the first batch of megas from 2017, it'd be great for newer players. Personally I'd love a chance to finally grab the Borg Queen, but T'Kuvma may be a better choice as a lot of players who already have him would probably welcome the chance to run a second copy in arena.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to think they should take a week off of events, maybe even Tuesday crew, to give themselves a week to take a breath and catch up. Something seems to have gone off the rails, and whatever they're doing doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe July should be the first ever rerunflashbackish mega event. Pick one of the popular megas from long enough ago that newer players might not have all the golds associated with it, maybe swap out the recurring gold for that month's One New Crew. (And perhaps have the old recurring at the 400k threshold? People who don't have it can go hard to get it, people who are at 4/5 can choose one event to pick it up from, probably a skirmish.)

Meanwhile WRG could use the time off from the event hamster wheel to get ahead on art approvals etc. for future cards, fix the objective event bugs so we can have the Prepare For ... ones back, and get ready to launch fleet boss battles. (And if it leaves the people on the writing side of things with time on their hands, maybe we can have a new episode/distress call as a little treat?)

I really like this idea. Rerun one of the first batch of megas from 2017, it'd be great for newer players. Personally I'd love a chance to finally grab the Borg Queen, but T'Kuvma may be a better choice as a lot of players who already have him would probably welcome the chance to run a second copy in arena.

The problem is reruns likely don't make as much money. If anything the stat bumps, ism offers, harder objective events all feel like an attempt to generate some quick income. I don't know what they're financials are like, but if they needed to increase Q2 revenue to hit a target they're not about to waste a month on reduced revenue.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Shan. I was really disappointed to see such a wonderful art card wasted with a 2016 stats.
    ghbwr0yzonwn.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ok, I've looked at T'Pol following the server update and an app reboot, and as far as I can tell her numbers are identical. What's changed?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Ok, I've looked at T'Pol following the server update and an app reboot, and as far as I can tell her numbers are identical. What's changed?
    From the Timelines Talks Discord server:

kww5xccpjbiv.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    In that case, it seems like datacore already had her "boosted" stats when she was first released, and now the cryo vault has been updated to match. Confusing, but whatever.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this. It'd be nice to finish off the Borg Queen...... she's the only event maga that isn't immortalized for me.

The Borg Queen and MAGA. This is what would have happened if she assimilated Trump.
    0md97jjylf7s.png

• Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭

Maybe July should be the first ever rerunflashbackish mega event.
    AviTrek wrote: »

The problem is reruns likely don't make as much money. If anything the stat bumps, ism offers, harder objective events all feel like an attempt to generate some quick income. I don't know what they're financials are like, but if they needed to increase Q2 revenue to hit a target they're not about to waste a month on reduced revenue.

They are reducing revenue every week. Players who have traditionally paid monthly cards or campaign are not in protest, many senior veteran players are quitting the game all together. I had a random unknown person msg me to “adopt” their very well equipped account. Strange i thought? But never-the-less obviously quitting the game. Their refusal to fix ongoing glitches and the churn of new broken stuff is ultimately their own demise. They can still run a month long OE, elusive treasures, other things that actually work to use resources, keep ppl interested.

And also why not mix and match a rerun? Do a rerun “type” mega arc with existing model but switch the event cards to the 3/4 previous cards. Or the least 1/5 of several OE or past megas for each week a different 1/5 to immo for most who havent cited these cards. ???? Plenty of options to let players catch up, have easy fun while they fix some stuff instead of continue to fade revenue.