Home The Bridge
Options

Does WRG Want Us to Burn Resources?

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
First there was the honor ship and the honor sale. The honor sale prompts usage of credits and merits to generate more honor too.

Then we have the Objective Events encouraging more gauntlet refreshes to burn merits.

Now we have a bonus for airlocking crew. That feels like another attempt to encourage users to buy packs with credits/merits and generate honor.

Why do I feel like Boss Battles will use a lot of some resource that WRG is getting us to burn down now before launch.

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this since the midweek events were introduced that they were nothing more than bait to deal with hoarding of in-game resources other than honor, to ultimately drive/force new paid purchases. Between the shuttle and gauntlet requirements, the drain on merits has been substantial for me, especially since I haven't bought the premium campaign track for the past several months.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the bonus for airlocking crew?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t horde any resource except honour. And I don’t even horde too much of that.

I do horde a lot of inventory. I’m hoping I can beat up the Bosses with a Replicator Ration Bazooka. That would be cool.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be honest, I don't think this extravaganza sounds all that extravagant. I'm not going to change my play style, or how much I spend, just to get 25% more honor. It'll be a nice addition for sure but it would have been better leading into an Honor Sale, not following one.

And I would disagree that what they've been doing is "forcing" players to use up resources. Yes, these challenge OEs are starting to pinch on merits but we are having so many of them because of an unrelated glitch; the regular OEs would have been easier. And the reason you're using those resources is because you know you're getting something for them. It's certainly not fun doing these week after week but I haven't used many extra resources since the first challenge OE (and that was dilithium to get the 20 ship battles).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they're forcing anything. We can always choose not to so an OE or take part in a sale.

But I do think they're trying to encourage us to use more resources. Whether that's because a future feature will use it or not is TBD. But remember when they had the dabo credit sale and then released crew retrieval? Ben has said that sale was too reduce the amount of credits outstanding. This is starting to feel the same.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason the objective event is being repeated is because they dont have the staff time or desire to dedicate people to fix the weekly mini event glitch.

After re-reading that, i think im more concerned about this than i am about resource drain.

Ymmv
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Where's the bonus for airlocking crew?

You should get 25% more honor when you airlock crew.
    I have been getting it,

Ex, rare crew 125 honor
    If only one uncommon crew 63 honor.
    I think the round is in are favor, but it will be only one extra honor.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy to have these opportunities.

With the airlock special I decided to take a look at he mound of level 1 legendaries I had, and whether they were really worth keeping. I even turned my eyes to those FE legendaries who no longer served any use.

Suddenly with no harm done to my roster, I have 18 fresh crew slots and 13073 honor. My arm wasn't twisted, and I'm glad I was nudged to consider some spring cleaning.

I'm looking at One and JG Palmer who I have 1/5 FE (got them very early when I mainly had rare crew and below). I'm never going to cite them, likely never going to get a behold where I take them, so I may as well kick them out. It's still not much honor, but I'm not going to use them now, and a slot is a slot.