Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Faction/Galaxy - Apoptosis ME#3 - 2022-06-16

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19380/faction-galaxy-event-notes-apoptosis-mega-arc-part-3-2022-06-16/

The event should be announced in game later today, a new server release will take place for corrections to Ruon Tarka's stats

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nice. Especially for people without four shuttles. Most of us will probably be done by then, but, as an admiral of a fleet with lower level players, I thank you.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    88 more shuttles needed here. Then I can do klingon for the event.

I should finish on Monday, without too much effort.

These events should be doable for beginners.

I will be competing for Data, and should get him easily.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 60 to go and it is the last Task. Should maybe be finished before the Event, but if not, plenty easy to finish then.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    2jn61aajlrrh.jpeg

Data has to be Hollow to fit that phone in.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    2jn61aajlrrh.jpeg

Data has to be Hollow to fit that phone in.

That is the consensus of which Data it is when he was announced.

His Ship Ability should be "Data, Phone Home"
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Waited for the faction so I could do the shuttle part as it was pretty high that fed would be one. Only done one by accident so far
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Hope this Data is as good as the Professor Data that was only in a six pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event is announced :)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The event is announced :)

And the masses are disappointed. They built up Data expectations!

• Options
    ul4bu43qz7yw.jpg
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data is a top 20 voyager, me like. Art, meh.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data is a top 20 voyager, me like. Art, meh.

Top 20 voyager with a useful skillset, not just another CMD/DIP/SEC. Me like too.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    11th best(unboosted) voyager to be exact.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭

Which isnt saying much. They seem to be releasing new top 10 or 20 crew pretty regularly lately. Oddly enough, even with all of these new and beefed up crew, i have not seen any real improvement in 97% shuttle success rates during events.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Which isnt saying much. They seem to be releasing new top 10 or 20 crew pretty regularly lately. Oddly enough, even with all of these new and beefed up crew, i have not seen any real improvement in 97% shuttle success rates during events.

Unless these new crew are matching faction event traits, they won't impact events anyway. Look at the growing list of 12 hour voyages. You can think the new crew and collections for that.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Unless these new crew are matching faction event traits, they won't impact events anyway. Look at the growing list of 12 hour voyages. You can think the new crew and collections for that.

Ohhhh dont get me thinkin bout voyages. Been seeing a steady decline in the bounties i gather up in my 10+ hr voyages ever since they started ramping up collection bonuses.

And while were at it, top 10 or top 20 is a relative figure anyway. Maybe we should compare by % difference in base and prof points? Afterall, even when you hit all the antimatter bonuses in a voyage, thats not really what drives your ship to 12hours. Point totals (along with good luck with randomly fenerated numbers is the key.

And, how about we talk about the costs/rewards of a 12 hour voyage? 2 hours longer on the out, .75 hours longer on the return, any analysis on whether or not the rewards make up for that? Or is it better to just recall at ten hours and send another 10hr boyage 2.75 hours sooner? Legitimately asking, has anyone looked at that?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

*snip*
    And, how about we talk about the costs/rewards of a 12 hour voyage? 2 hours longer on the out, .75 hours longer on the return, any analysis on whether or not the rewards make up for that? Or is it better to just recall at ten hours and send another 10hr boyage 2.75 hours sooner? Legitimately asking, has anyone looked at that?
    *snip*

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    nni18c24wuno.png

Data looks the other way from Geordi dropping a log.

ct9ajdi6bs84.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shuttle formula has diminishing returns and a hard success cap. I've never been a fan of collecting crew for their base and until/unless they reword shuttles, that's only going to be more and more true.

Collections will raise all boats there and do about 90% of the heavy lifting on voyage improvements too as the top end has only moved about 4% since Braxton three and a half years ago.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭

IMO this is what the game is now. Just about the top voyagers. Anything else is extra
    We've had Data, Spock, Pike, Desoto & Elnor all within a month. All top 10
    Pull packs? Spend that dilith until you get then. Get those dupe copies
    So fleet boss battles is gonna be very welcome & hopefully shake the game up
  • Options

Collections will raise all boats there and do about 90% of the heavy lifting on voyage improvements too as the top end has only moved about 4% since Braxton three and a half years ago.

Thanks for providing that 4% number. I was wondering how much better all the new crew actually are, and i guess by comparison not mich at all.
  • Options
    Event notes: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19380/faction-galaxy-event-notes-apoptosis-mega-arc-part-3-2022-06-16/

The event should be announced in game later today, a new server release will take place for corrections to Ruon Tarka's stats

Dear @Shan : clarify. Ruon Tarka's stats in DataCore don't match his stats in game. Which stats are right? Are the stats of one about to be changed to the other again?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Shan : clarify. Ruon Tarka's stats in DataCore don't match his stats in game. Which stats are right? Are the stats of one about to be changed to the other again?

His stats in game are exactly what they were changed to when the fix was announced last week.

I don't know if datacore made a mistake, but automaton didn't mention any unannounced change this week for Tarka. So this looks like a datacore issue, not an issue with the game.
  • Options
    Thank you, @WRG Team , for adding the winning faction bonus/rewards to a Hybrid Faction/? event. 🖖

9252ts7kikpo.jpeg
    2txe6nbv12yc.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whooot
  • Options

His stats in game are exactly what they were changed to when the fix was announced last week.

I don't know if datacore made a mistake, but automaton didn't mention any unannounced change this week for Tarka. So this looks like a datacore issue, not an issue with the game.

Dear @AviTrek, thank you for that information. I've emailed the DataCore admin to ask about the discrepancy. If you're right & this is a DataCore glitch, fixing it shouldn't be a problem, should it?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @AviTrek, thank you for that information. I've emailed the DataCore admin to ask about the discrepancy. If you're right & this is a DataCore glitch, fixing it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

When the change was released, his in-game stats matched Datacore exactly. I checked at the time. The Datacore stats are still the same as they were, but his in-game stats have been increased again. This is definitely an issue with yet another unannounced change in-game.

Either way though, the in-game stats are canon (for want of a better word) so Datacore needs to be changed to match.
  • Options
    edited June 2022